Digestible Sensors Market : Global Share, Size, Growth, Trends & Outlook ( 2022 – 2032 )
Healthcare & PharmaceuticalRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Published
- Published on: Feb 2023
- Report ID: KDMI-7172
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Digestible Sensors MarketRequest PDF Sample
Digestible Sensors Insights:
Digestible sensors are small electronic devices that are swallowed and designed to live various aspects of an individual's gastrointestinal system, like pH levels, temperature, and pressure. These sensors are typically made up of safe materials and may be weakened by the body or eliminated through natural digestive processes. the knowledge collected by the sensors is often transmitted wirelessly to a computer or mobile device, allowing doctors and patients to watch the status of the gastrointestinal system in real-time. This will be particularly useful in diagnosing and managing gastrointestinal disorders, like inflammatory bowel disease and acid reflux. Digestible sensors have potential uses in sports and fitness, as they will help athletes track their hydration levels and monitor the absorption of nutrients during training and competition.
Digestible Sensors Market
The digestible sensors market is relatively new and rapidly growing with a good range of potential applications in medical research, clinical trials, and residential healthcare. The worldwide digestible sensors market is predicted to grow from $402.1 million in 2022 to $2.3 billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 18.9% during the 2023-2032 period driven by the increasing awareness about the advantages of remote patient monitoring, rising incidence of gastrointestinal disorders, and growing demand for real-time health monitoring devices. North America is currently the most important marketplace for digestible sensors, followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific.
The leading companies within the digestible sensors market include Proteus Digital Health, Inc., HQ Inc., MC10 Inc., CapsoVision, Inc., Given Imaging Inc., and Olympus Corporation. These companies specialize in expanding their product portfolios and developing new technologies to realize a competitive advantage within the market.
Digestible Sensors Market : Report Scope
Base Year Market Size
Forecast Year Market Size
Digestible Sensors Market Key Drivers:
The digestible sensors market is being driven by several key factors, including:
- Advancements in sensor technology: Technological advancements within the field of sensor technologies have led to the event of more sophisticated and accurate digestible sensors.
- Government support: Government initiatives to market the utilization of digital health solutions and reimbursement policies for the utilization of digestible sensors are driving the market growth.
- Growing adoption in clinical trials: Digestible sensors are increasingly getting used in clinical trials to gather data on drug efficacy and safety.
- Growing demand for personalized medicine: The power to watch and track digestive health in real-time is a crucial aspect of personalized medicine, which is predicted to drive demand for digestible sensors within the coming years.
- Growing geriatric population: The aging population is more susceptible to chronic illnesses, hence the demand for these sensors is rising.
- Increasing investment in R&D: Major players in the digestible sensors market are investing heavily in research and development to improve the accuracy, functionality, and safety of their products.
- Prevalence of chronic diseases: The rising incidence of chronic diseases like diabetes, cancer, and gastrointestinal disorders like inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and acid reflux is driving the demand for non-invasive monitoring solutions, like digestible sensors.
- Rising home healthcare industry: The growing home healthcare industry is additionally driving the demand for digestible sensors as these sensors enable remote monitoring of patients.
- The demand for real-time health monitoring devices: Digestible sensors leave real-time monitoring of digestive health, which is becoming increasingly important in healthcare as doctors and patients seek to spot and manage health conditions as early as possible.
Digestible Sensors Market Key Trend and Development:
The digestible sensors market is experiencing significant research and development efforts aimed at improving the functionality, safety, and efficacy of these devices. Some of the key market trends and developments include:
- Enhanced functionality: Researchers are working to enhance the functionality of digestible sensors by integrating additional sensors and technologies which will measure a wider range of parameters, like nutrient absorption and gut microbiome composition.
- Machine learning and AI: Machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms are being developed to research the info collected by digestible sensors, enabling more accurate diagnoses and personalized treatment plans.
- Novel materials: Researchers are exploring the utilization of novel materials to develop more biocompatible and biodegradable digestible sensors, which could be safely weakened and eliminated by the body.
- Wireless communication: Wireless communication technologies are being developed to enable real-time monitoring and transmission of knowledge from digestible sensors to healthcare professionals and patients.
Digestible Sensors Market Segmentation:
The digestible sensors market can be segmented based on several factors:
- By Component: Hardware, Software, Services
- By Application: Drug Development, Clinical Trials, Diagnostics, Monitoring
- By End-user: Hospitals, Clinics, Research Laboratories, Home Care
- By Type: pH sensors, Temperature sensors, Pressure sensors, Image sensors
- By Targeted Organ: Gastrointestinal, Cardiovascular, Neurological
- By technology: RFID, MEMS
- By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa
Digestible Sensors Market Regional Synopsis:
North America is currently the most important marketplace for digestible sensors, with a market size of $166.0 million in 2022, expected to succeed in $906.3 million by 2032. The region is predicted to still dominate the worldwide market, with a CAGR of 18.5% from 2023 to 2032 driven by the increasing prevalence of gastrointestinal disorders, rising awareness about the advantages of remote patient monitoring, and the presence of key market players.
The European digestible sensors market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 17.9% from 2023 to 2032 driven by the increasing adoption of digital health technologies, the rising geriatric population, and therefore the growing demand for personalized medicine. It's the second-largest marketplace for digestible sensors, with a market size of $118.6 million in 2022, expected to succeed in $615.5 million by 2032.
The Asia Pacific region is predicted to grow at the very best CAGR of 19.7% from 2023 to 2032 driven by the increasing demand for remote patient monitoring devices and therefore the rising incidence of gastrointestinal disorders. The market size within the region was $87 million in 2022 and is predicted to succeed at $525.4 million by 2032.
Latin America is a relatively smaller marketplace for digestible sensors, with a market size of $14.5 million in 2023, predicted to succeed in $80.0 million by 2032. The region is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 18.6% from 2023 to 2032 driven by the increasing adoption of digital health technologies and therefore the rising prevalence of gastrointestinal disorders.
The Middle East and Africa region is additionally a comparatively small marketplace for digestible sensors, with a market size of $14.5 million in 2023 and expected to succeed in $81.2 million by 2032. The region is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 18.8% driven by the increasing adoption of digital health technologies and rising demand for personalized medicine.
Digestible Sensors Market Key Challenges:
Despite the potential benefits of digestible sensors, several key challenges could impact the growth and adoption of these devices including:
- High cost: The high cost of digestible sensors may be a major constraint for the market growth, and should limit the adoption of those sensors among patients and healthcare providers.
- Integration with existing healthcare systems: Digestible sensors must be integrated with existing healthcare systems to be effective which may be a challenge, as different systems may have different standards and protocols.
- Lack of standardization: There's a scarcity of standardization within the design, manufacturing, and testing of digestible sensors which can create challenges for market growth.
- Limited awareness and education: There's a scarcity of awareness and education among patients and healthcare providers about the advantages and applications of digestible sensors.
- Limited reimbursement: Limited reimbursement policies for the utilization of digestible sensors in some countries may limit the adoption of those sensors.
- Privacy and data security: The data collected by digestible sensors are sensitive and personal, and therefore the question of knowledge security and privacy may be a major concern for patients and healthcare providers.
- Regulatory approval: Obtaining regulatory approval for digestible sensors are often a time-consuming and expensive process, which may delay the introduction of the latest products to the market.
- Safety concerns: There are concerns about the security of ingesting sensors, particularly in terms of potential negative effects on the alimentary canal.
- Technical challenges: The event and production of digestible sensors may be a complex process that needs advanced technologies and materials, which may be challenging for manufacturers.
Digestible Sensors Market Key Global Players:
Global companies are involved in the development, manufacturing, and marketing of ingestible sensors and related technologies for healthcare applications. They still drive innovation within the field of digital health and are key players in the growth and development of the digestible sensors market. Here are some key players within the global digestible sensors market:
- Bio-Images Research Limited
- Capsule Technologies, Inc. – SmartPill (2020)
- Given Imaging - PillCam capsule endoscopy
- HQ Inc. - FDA-approved GI Genius system, HQ Proteus (2020), a wearable device that uses a digestible sensor to track vital signs such as heart rate, respiration, and body position
- IntroMedic Co., Ltd.
- MC10 - BioStamp nPoint system
- Medimetrics Personalized Drug Delivery B.V. - PillCam COLON 2 (2020), which is designed for the detection of colonic polyps and other colorectal disorders
- Microchips Biotech, Inc.
- Novartis International AG
- Olympus Corporation
- Philips Healthcare
- Proteus Digital Health - Helius (2021), a remote monitoring system that uses digestible sensors to track patients’ vital signs such as heart rate, respiration, and body position
- RF Co., Ltd.
- Silicon Valley-based Proteus Biomedical
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
These companies are at the forefront of the event and commercialization of ingestible sensor technology for healthcare applications. They still innovate and advance technology to enhance patient outcomes and advance the healthcare industry.
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.