Passenger Boarding Bridges Market: Global Share, Size, Growth, Trends & Outlook ( 2022 – 2032 )
Though, the concept of passenger boarding bridges was said to be initiated in the very early days of commercial aviation, the PBB’s have now become a standard feature at airports all around the world.
A Passenger Boarding Bridge (PBB) also termed as (a jetway, jetwalk, airgate, gangway, aerobridge/airbridge, skybridge, airtube, jetbridge) is typically an enclosed, movable connector which is used to facilitate passenger movement between airport terminal gate to an airplane, or sometimes from a port to a boat or ship or a spacecraft, allowing passengers to board and disembark without going outside and being exposed to harsh conditions. Depending on manufacturing design operational requirements and other factors, a PBB may be fixed or movable, swinging radially, and/or extending in length.
It is used to enhance passenger comfort and increase security by providing a controlled and a safe passage to the passengers on the way from the terminal to the plane.
The global passenger boarding bridges market is expected to witness growth at a steady CAGR in the years to come.
The growth of this market is attributed towards major pertaining factors including; the globally increasing passenger traffic coupled with their increasing air travel demand, extensions of existing terminals along with construction of new airports worldwide, the high demand for large aircrafts, increasing number of greenfield and brownfield airport projects, increased spending on airside infrastructure by airport operators and the increasing focus on reducing passenger turnaround time etc.
Additionally, with organizations emphasizing importance on making investments in better-quality airport infrastructures and companies focusing on delivering variants that promise optimal convenience to users as well as operators to accommodate growth in traffic demand and maintaining levels of service expected by passengers, this market is flourishing comprehensively.
Moreover, PBB’s provide all-weather dry access to aircraft and enhance the security of terminal operations. Also, they provide enhanced access to aircraft for passengers with many types of disabilities and mobility impairments, as they may board and disembark without climbing stairs or using a specialized wheelchair lift. Faster loading can lead to lower airport charges, fewer delays and more passengers movement in the airport, leading to their increased demand in the industry.
Furthermore, increasing concerns over airport security, implementation of e-passports, need for enhanced aircraft ground support infrastructure along with fast-expanding air travel industry, entrance of more investors due to the high profit of production and sales of passenger boarding bridges, has fueled the amount of investments which aid in the development and procurement of such products and services.
However, long life cycles of passenger boarding bridges, the high procurement and operational costs for low-cost airlines, high cost of training along with lack of skilled personnel and higher costs of maintenance for passenger boarding bridges, as compared to aircraft boarding stairs are factors that are restraining the growth of this market.
PASSENGER BOARDING BRIDGES MARKET SEGMENTATION:
By Product Type:
- Apron Passenger Boarding Bridge
- Commuter Passenger Boarding Bridge
- Nose Loader Passenger Boarding Bridge
- Telescopic Passenger Boarding Bridge
- Others Passenger Boarding Bridge
By Nature Type:
- Fixed Passenger Boarding Bridge
- Moveable Passenger Boarding Bridge
By Drive Mechanism Type:
- Electro-Mechanical Based
- Hydraulic Based
By Structure Type:
- Glass Walled
- Steel/Metal Walled
By Tunnel Type:
- Two Tunnel Based
- Three Tunnel Based
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
The Asia Pacific region is the largest and the fastest growing regional market for passenger boarding bridges globally and is also anticipated to continue to maintain its feat in the next few years as well. This can be well attributed to factors such as the increasing production and demand for boarding bridges in the region, increasing spending in R&D by economies to develop products to fulfill the aesthetic requirement of airports, while adhering to the safety requirements of the agencies, the on-going and upcoming airport projects coupled with the upgradation of existing airports etc. The major growth driving countries in the region are India and China.
The North American region holds the largest market share in the passenger boarding bridges market followed by Europe and is expected to grow at a rapid rate in the forthcoming years owing to the increasing demand for passenger boarding bridges from airports and seaports in the region, the large number of airports in the U.S. and the increasing formulation of regulations to reduce emissions from airports completely in the economies of the region along with several other associated factors that influence the market.
FEW KEY PLAYERS IN PASSENGER BOARDING BRIDGES MARKET:
- FMT Sweden AB
- Vataple Group Ltd.
- Hubner GmbH & Co. KG
- Deerns Groep B.V.
- Oversys LLC
- Shanghai Haobo Aviation Equipment Co. Ltd.
- Aeromobiles Pte. Ltd.
- Avicorp Middle East
- Anton Air Support
- East Island Aviation Services
- Dimaim Systems
- Adelte Group
- John Bean Technologies Corp.
- Thyssenkrupp AG
- China International Marine Containers (Group) Ltd. (CIMC)
- Shinmaywa Industries Ltd
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Pt Bukaka Teknik Utama Tbk
- Ameribridge, Inc.
- Airport Equipment Ltd.
- UBS Airport Systems
- Accessair Systems Inc.
- Aviramp Ltd.
- Aoyama Elevator Co. Ltd.
- Other Players
- In November 2020, Clark International Airport in the province of Pampanga, Philippines, reportedly started undergoing a major expansion, which is said to involve the construction of a second passenger terminal building. The new terminal is toincrease air transport capacity for the Greater Capital Region. It is said to be a part of the Build, Build, Build (BBB) programme of the Philippines Government featuring 18 passenger boarding bridges, 3,881 parking spaces and 20 bus parking spaces.
- In December 2020, PwC secured prime spots on airport passenger bridges by entering into a five-year agreement in which, the PwC brand will “feature prominently across the interior and exterior of the six new covered passenger boarding bridges” at the new terminal at Bermuda’s LF Wade International Airport.
Timeline Considered for Analysis:
- 2021: Base Year
- 2022 to 2027: Forecast Period
Research Scope and Deliverables
Overview & Executive Summary
Market Drivers, Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
Market Size and Forecast Projections
Macroeconomic Indicators of Various Countries Impacting the Growth of the Market
Extensive Coverage of Industry Players including Recent Product Launches and Market Activities
Porter’s Five Force Analysis
Market Segmentation Analysis:
Industry report analyzes the global passenger boarding bridges market by the following segments:
- Product Type
- Nature Type
- Drive Mechanism Type
- Structure Type
- Tunnel Type
Customization: We also offers customization’s in the industry report as per the company’s specific needs.
Key Questions Answered in the Global Passenger Boarding Bridges Industry Report
- What is the overall market size in 2021? What will be the market growth during the forecast period i.e. 2022-2027?
- Which region would have high demand for product in the upcoming years?
- What are the factors driving the growth of the market?
- Which sub-market will make the most significant contribution to the market?
- What are the market opportunities for existing and entry-level players?
- What are various long-term and short-term strategies adopted by the market players?
Powered by Froala Editor