Fibrin Sealants Market : Global Share, Size, Growth, Trends & Outlook ( 2022 – 2032 )
Healthcare & PharmaceuticalRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Published
- Published on: Feb 2023
- Report ID: KDMI-7197
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Fibrin Sealants MarketRequest PDF Sample
Fibrin Sealants Insights:
Fibrin sealants are a kind of biological adhesive made up of human or animal-derived fibrinogen and thrombin, which are two proteins involved in the blood coagulation process. When mixed, these proteins form a clot which will be used to seal wounds or surgical incisions, control bleeding, and promote tissue healing. they need to be utilized in a spread of medical applications, including cardiovascular surgery, orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, and cosmetic surgery. they will be particularly useful in procedures where traditional sutures or staples could also be difficult to use or might not provide adequate wound closure.
Fibrin sealants have several advantages over traditional methods of wound closure, including reduced scarring, reduced risk of infection, and faster healing times. However, they'll not be appropriate for all kinds of wounds or surgical procedures, and there are potential risks related to their use, like allergies or the transmission of infectious diseases.
Fibrin Sealants Market
The fibrin sealants market may be a growing sector within the medical industry. The worldwide fibrin sealants market size was valued at $2.6 billion in 2022 and is predicted to grow at a compound annual rate of growth (CAGR) of 9.2% from 2023 to 2032 driven by the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, a rising number of surgical procedures, and growing demand for minimally invasive surgeries. The global market is expected to be worth around $6.4 billion by 2032. Additionally, the event of advanced fibrin sealant products, like combination products with other hemostatic agents, is further propelling the market growth.
Geographically, North America dominates the fibrin sealants market, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific primarily thanks to the presence of established healthcare infrastructure, an outsized patient population, and therefore the availability of advanced healthcare facilities in these regions.
Key players within the fibrin sealants market include Baxter International, Johnson & Johnson, CSL Behring, Grifols, Takeda Pharmaceutical, and CryoLife, among others. These companies are investing heavily in research and development activities to develop new and innovative products, also expanding their market presence through mergers and acquisitions.
Fibrin Sealants Market Key Drivers:
The fibrin sealants market is being driven by several key factors, including:
- Aging population: As the population ages, the number of individuals undergoing surgical procedures increases, which successively drives demand for fibrin sealants.
- An increasing number of surgical procedures: The number of surgical procedures being performed globally is increasing, driven by factors like an aging population, rising incidence of chronic diseases, and the development of the latest surgical techniques.
- Development of advanced fibrin sealant products: Advances in biotechnology have enabled the event of advanced fibrin sealant products like combination products with other hemostatic agents that provide enhanced hemostatic and wound healing properties.
- Favorable reimbursement policies: Many governments and insurance providers are offering favorable reimbursement policies for fibrin sealant products, which is boosting their adoption in healthcare facilities.
- Growing demand for minimally invasive surgeries: Fibrin sealants are particularly useful in minimally invasive surgical procedures, which require smaller incisions and reduced tissue trauma as they provide better wound closure and healing compared to traditional methods like sutures and staples.
- Increasing awareness about the advantages of fibrin sealants: As more people become conscious of the advantages of fibrin sealants, demand for these products is predicted to extend.
- Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases: Chronic diseases like cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and diabetes are on the increase globally and frequently require surgical interventions, which successively drive the demand for fibrin sealants as they supply a secure and effective method of wound closure.
Fibrin Sealants Market Key Trend & Development:
The fibrin sealants market is witnessing several key trends and developments that are shaping the industry. These include:
- Advancements in delivery systems: Manufacturers are developing new delivery systems for fibrin sealants that enable more precise application and better control over the number of products used.
- Growing adoption of topical fibrin sealants: Topical fibrin sealants, which may be applied to the location of bleeding or injury, are gaining popularity thanks to their simple use, effectiveness, and reduced risk of infection compared to traditional methods like sutures.
- Growing specialization in clinical trials and research: There's an increasing specialization in conducting clinical trials and research to gauge the security and efficacy of fibrin sealants resulting in the event of the latest products and the expansion of their applications in various surgical specialties.
- Increasing demand for animal-derived fibrin sealants: Animal-derived fibrin sealants, like those derived from bovine or equine sources, are gaining popularity thanks to their lower cost compared to human-derived products.
- Increasing specialization in the event of combination products: Manufacturers are developing combination products that incorporate fibrin sealants with other hemostatic agents, like synthetic polymers or platelet concentrates, to reinforce their hemostatic properties.
Fibrin Sealants Market Segmentation:
The fibrin sealants market can be segmented on various factors including:
- By product type: Liquid Fibrin Sealants, Patch Fibrin Sealants, Powder Fibrin Sealants
- By application: Cardiovascular Surgeries, General Surgeries, Orthopedic Surgeries, Neurosurgeries, Cosmetic Surgeries
- By end-user: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Specialty Clinics
- By geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa
Fibrin Sealants Market Regional Synopsis:
North America is expected to hold the largest share with a share of 38% of the fibrin sealants market in 2022 due to the presence of advanced healthcare facilities and a large patient population. The high prevalence of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases and cancer is driving demand for fibrin sealants in the region. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period (2023-2032). It was estimated to be around $1.3 billion in 2022 and is expected to be worth $2.6 billion by 2032.
Europe is the second-largest market for fibrin sealants with a global share of 31% in 2022, driven by the increasing number of surgical procedures being performed and the growing demand for minimally invasive surgeries. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period (2023-2032). It was estimated to be around $1.0 billion in 2022 and is expected to be worth $2.0 billion by 2032 driven by well-established healthcare infrastructure and favorable reimbursement policies.
The Asia-Pacific region with a global share of 18% in 2022 is expected to grow at the fastest rate due to the increasing number of surgical procedures being performed in countries such as China and India, as well as the rising prevalence of chronic diseases in the region. The growing adoption of advanced medical technologies and favorable government initiatives are also driving market growth. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.2% during the forecast period (2023-2032). It was estimated to be around $597.1 million in 2022 and is expected to be worth $1.3 billion by 2032.
Latin America is a growing market for fibrin sealants due to the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and the rising demand for minimally invasive surgeries. The region has a large patient population and an increasing number of healthcare facilities, which contributed to a global share of around 8% in 2022. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period (2023-2032). It was estimated to be around $243.9 million in 2022 and is expected to be worth $457.8 million by 2032.
The Middle East & Africa have a small market for fibrin sealants but are expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.9% (2023-2032) due to the increasing number of surgical procedures being performed and the rising prevalence of chronic diseases in the region. It was estimated to be around $117.8 million in 2022 and is expected to be worth around $210.0 million by 2032. The growing adoption of advanced medical technologies and favorable government initiatives are also contributing to the growth of the market.
Japan Fibrin Sealants Market Regional Synopsis
Japan is a significant market for fibrin sealants due to the increasing number of surgical procedures being performed and the aging population with an estimated global market share of around 4% in 2022. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period (2023-2032). It was estimated to be around $127.8 million in 2022 and is expected to be worth around $220.4 million by 2032. The high prevalence of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases and cancer is driving demand for fibrin sealants in the country. The presence of well-established healthcare facilities and favorable government initiatives are contributing to the growth of the market.
Fibrin Sealants Market Key Challenges:
The fibrin sealants market faces several challenges that could impact its growth and development, including:
- Competition from alternative products: The fibrin sealants market faces competition from alternative products, like synthetic sealants and hemostatic agents that provide similar benefits at a lower cost limiting the adoption of fibrin sealants.
- High cost: Fibrin sealants are often costlier than traditional surgical methods, which may limit their adoption in some regions, especially in developing countries where cost may be a significant concern.
- Limited awareness: the notice and understanding of fibrin sealants are still limited among physicians, patients, and healthcare providers. As a result, there could also be a scarcity of data and understanding of the potential benefits of fibrin sealants, which may limit their adoption.
- Limited reimbursement: Reimbursement for fibrin sealant products is often limited, which may make it difficult for hospitals and clinics to get these products.
- Regulatory challenges: The regulatory approval process for fibrin sealants is often challenging because it requires significant clinical data and validation which may end in delays within the approval process and limit the supply of fibrin sealants in some regions.
- Safety concerns: Some concerns are raised about the security of fibrin sealants, particularly concerning the danger of blood clots and other complications resulting in a reluctance among healthcare providers to use these products, which may be a challenge for the market.
Fibrin Sealants Market Key Global Players:
The global market for fibrin sealants is very competitive with several key players in the market. Some of the key global players in the fibrin sealants market include:
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter International Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson, and Company
- CryoLife, Inc.
- CSL Behring
- Grifols S.A.
- Harvest Technologies (Terumo BCT)
- Hemostasis, LLC
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson (Ethicon)
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Zimmer Biomet
- Z-Medica, LLC
These companies are focusing on product innovation and development, strategic collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, and expanding their geographical presence to strengthen their position in the fibrin sealants market. They are also investing in research and development to develop new and advanced fibrin sealant products. Some companies are also expanding their presence in the market through mergers and acquisitions.
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.