Dental Calipers Market : Global Share, Size, Growth, Trends & Outlook ( 2022 – 2032 )
Healthcare & PharmaceuticalRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Published
- Published on: Feb 2023
- Report ID: KDMI-7175
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Dental Calipers MarketRequest PDF Sample
Dental Calipers Insights:
Dental calipers are precision measuring instruments utilized in dentistry for a spread of purposes, like measuring tooth dimensions, checking spaces between teeth, and measuring the thickness of dental materials. They're typically made from high-quality chrome steel and designed to be durable, easy to wash, and corrosion-resistant. They are available in various shapes and sizes, including straight, curved, and angled designs, and should have one or double-ended tips with a locking mechanism to carry the measurement in situ once taken.
Some common dental calipers include periodontal probes, which are used to measure the depth of the gum pockets around teeth, and crown and bridge calipers, which are wont to measure the width and height of teeth to assist create accurate dental restorations.
Dental Calipers Market Size and Share
The dental calipers market is a part of the broader dental instruments market and refers to the marketplace for precision measuring instruments utilized in dentistry for various purposes like measuring tooth dimensions, checking spaces between teeth, and measuring the thickness of dental materials. the worldwide market size was valued at $66.6 million in 2021 and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of around 5.4% during the forecast period of 2022-2032 and expected to reach value 118.8 million in 2032. Market is driven by factors like the increasing prevalence of dental diseases, growing demand for dentistry procedures, and therefore the rising adoption of technologically advanced dental instruments.
Manual calipers dominate the market thanks to their low cost and straightforward availability. However, digital calipers are expected to witness significant growth due to their high accuracy and simple use. Regionally, North America dominates the worldwide market due to the presence of an outsized number of dental clinics and increasing investment in care infrastructure. Asia-Pacific is predicted to witness significant growth thanks to the rising prevalence of dental diseases and increasing awareness about dental health within the region.
Some of the key players operating within the dental calipers market include Hu-Friedy Mfg. Co., LLC, Carl Martin GmbH, Otto Leibinger GmbH, Strauss & Co., Karl Schumacher Dental GmbH, Sklar Instruments, and LM-Dental. These companies specialize in product innovation, strategic partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions to expand their market presence and increase revenue.
Dental Calipers Market : Report Scope
Base Year Market Size
Forecast Year Market Size
Dental Calipers Market Key Drivers:
The global dental calipers market is driven by various key drivers contributing to its growth in recent years. Some of the key drivers of the are:
- Aging population: An aging population is increasingly demanding care and coverings, including those requiring precise measurements, like denture fittings and implant placement.
- Growing awareness of oral health: As awareness of oral health and its impact on overall health increases, people are more likely to hunt dental treatments and visits, increasing demand for dental calipers.
- Growing demand for dentistry procedures: The increasing demand for dentistry procedures like teeth whitening, veneers, and implants which require accurate measurements is fueling the expansion of the dental calipers market.
- Increase in dental tourism: The expansion of dental tourism is driving demand for dental calipers in developing countries, where dental procedures are often cheaper.
- Increasing demand for advanced dental treatments: The demand for dentistry, orthodontics, and implant surgery is increasing, driving demand for precise measurements and accurate diagnoses in dentistry.
- Increasing investments in care infrastructure: The increasing investments in care infrastructure in emerging economies, including the rising awareness about dental health, are driving the expansion of the dental calipers market.
- Increasing prevalence of dental diseases: The rising incidence of dental diseases like periodontitis and cavity is one of the main factors driving the demand for dental calipers which are used for accurate measurements in various dental procedures, including periodontal probing and restorative dentistry.
- Technological advancements: Advances in technology are resulting in the event of the latest and improved dental calipers with enhanced accuracy and features, driving demand for these instruments.
Dental Calipers Market Key Trends and Developments:
Some key trends and developments in the global dental calipers market include:
- Focus on ergonomics: Dental professionals often spend long hours working with dental instruments, which may cause musculoskeletal disorders. As a result, there's a growing specialization in developing dental calipers with ergonomic designs that reduce the danger of injury and improve the comfort of the user.
- Growing demand for precision and accuracy: There's a growing need for precision and accuracy in dental measurements during cosmetics dentistry which has led to the event of advanced dental calipers with high precision and accuracy capable of measuring the thickness of dental materials and the spaces between teeth with high accuracy.
- Increasing adoption of digital calipers: Digital calipers offer higher accuracy and simple use compared to manual calipers, which is driving their adoption among dental professionals. It is often integrated with dental software, enabling accurate patient data measurement and recording.
- The rising popularity of reusable dental instruments: There's a rising popularity of reusable dental instruments and companies are developing reusable calipers that are easy to wash and sterilize giving emphasis on sustainability and reducing waste within the healthcare industry
Dental Calipers Market Segmentation:
The dental calipers market can be segmented based on the following factors:
- By Product Type: Manual Calipers, Digital Calipers
- By Application: Orthodontics, Prosthodontics, Implantology, Endodontics
- By End-User: Dental Laboratories, Dental Hospitals, Dental Clinics, Others
- By Material: Stainless Steel, Plastic, Others
- By Distribution Channel: Online Store, Offline Store
- By Region: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Dental Calipers Market Regional Synopsis:
The dental calipers market in North America is predicted to grow at a CAGR of around 5.2% from 2021 to 2028. The market size in 2020 was valued at $32.1 million, and it's expected to succeed at $42.5 million by 2028 driven by factors like the increasing number of dental procedures and the rising adoption of digital calipers. The European market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of around 5.5% during the forecast period of 2021-2028. The market size in 2020 was valued at $25.6 million, and it's expected to succeed at $34.5 million by 2028. The growing demand for dentistry and the presence of a well-established healthcare infrastructure are driving the expansion of the market in this region.
The dental calipers market within the Asia-Pacific region is predicted to grow at a CAGR of around 6.8% driven by increasing dental tourism, the rising income of the population, and the growing number of dental clinics. The market size in 2020 was valued at $18.9 million, and it's expected to succeed at $31.2 million by 2028.
The dental calipers market in Latin America is predicted to grow at a CAGR of around 5.7% during the forecast period. The market size in 2020 was valued at $6.5 million, and it's expected to succeed at $9.2 million by 2028. The increasing number of dental procedures and the growing demand for dentistry are driving the expansion of the market in this region.
The Middle East & African market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 6.1% during the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. The market size in 2020 was valued at $9.4 million, and it's expected to succeed at $14.1 million by 2028 driven by the increasing awareness about oral health and the rising number of dental clinics within the region.
Japan Dental Calipers Market
The dental calipers market in Japan is a part of the Asia-Pacific region and is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 5.2% from 2021 to 2028. The market was valued at $4.2 million in 2020 and is expected to account for approximately 13% of the total Asia-Pacific dental calipers market by 2028 driven by the factors such as the growing demand for dental procedures, the increasing adoption of digital calipers, and the growing awareness about oral health.
The use of digital calipers is gaining popularity due to their accuracy and ease of use. Additionally, the increasing trend of dental tourism is expected to provide growth opportunities for the dental calipers market in Japan.
Dental Calipers Market Key Challenges:
The dental calipers market faces several key challenges that could potentially impact market growth and profitability. Some of the key challenges include:
- Competition from alternative measuring instruments: Competition from alternative measuring instruments, like digital sensors and 3D imaging systems, could impact the demand for dental calipers.
- High cost: Dental procedures are often expensive, and therefore the cost of dental calipers can increase the general cost limiting the adoption of dental calipers among patients, particularly in regions with limited healthcare budgets.
- Impact of COVID-19: The pandemic has led to the cancellation of many dental procedures, resulting in a decrease in demand for dental calipers. Additionally, supply chain disruptions and manufacturing delays have impacted the supply of dental calipers.
- Lack of skilled professionals: The accurate use of dental calipers requires skill and training. The shortage of skilled professionals can limit the adoption of dental calipers, particularly in regions with limited access to dental education and infrastructure.
- Limited awareness in developing countries: Limited awareness of dental treatments and procedures in some developing countries can limit demand for dental calipers.
- Short lifespan: Dental calipers have a comparatively short lifespan, and frequent replacement is required, which could increase costs for dental practices and patients.
- Stringent regulations: The dental device market is subject to stringent regulations, including certification and approval processes that increase the value and time required to bring new products to plug.
Dental Calipers Market Global Key Players:
The global market for dental calipers is very competitive with several key players offering a range of dental calipers, including digital and analog calipers. These companies are continuously developing and launching new dental caliper products to stay competitive in the market simultaneously adopting various strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships to expand their market share and strengthen their market position.
Some of the key players in the global dental calipers market include:
- American Eagle Instruments Inc.
- BMS Dental GmbH
- Danaher Corporation
- DentalEZ Group
- Dentatus AB
- Dentsply Sirona
- Helmut Zepf Medizintechnik GmbH
- Hu-Friedy Mfg. Co., LLC
- Ivoclar Vivadent AG
- J&J Instruments Inc.
- Karl Schumacher Dental GmbH
- Mani, Inc.
- Midmark Corporation
- Osstell AB.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
Some key players’ recent development in the dental caliper market include:
- Danaher Corporation's subsidiary KaVo Kerr has launched a new digital caliper product for precise measurements in dentistry.
- Hu-Friedy Manufacturing Company LLC has introduced a new digital caliper with advanced features for improved accuracy and efficiency in dental procedures.
- Ivoclar Vivadent AG has expanded its product line with the launch of a new manual caliper product.
- Dentatus AB has launched a new manual caliper with improved design and ergonomics for enhanced user comfort.
- Mani, Inc. has introduced a new digital caliper with advanced features such as Bluetooth connectivity and software compatibility.
- Dentsply Sirona has acquired Osstell AB, a manufacturer of digital calipers for dentistry, to expand its product offerings in the market.
- Straumann has entered into a strategic partnership with Midmark Corporation to jointly develop and market new dental caliper.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. has acquired Dentatus AB, a manufacturer of dental calipers, to expand its product offerings.
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.