Autotransfusion Devices Market: Global Share, Size, Growth, Trends & Outlook ( 2022 – 2032 )
Healthcare & PharmaceuticalRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Published
- Published on: March 2023
- Report ID: KDMI-7163
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Autotransfusion Devices MarketRequest PDF Sample
Autotransfusion Devices Insights
Autotransfusion devices are medical devices that collect and process a patient's blood during surgery or other medical procedures and then re-infuse it back into the patient. This process is understood as autologous transfusion and is performed to scale back the necessity for allogenic blood transfusions, which carry a risk of complications like infections, transfusion reactions, and transmission of diseases. Two types - Intraoperative blood salvage devices are used during surgery to gather and process blood lost during the procedure, while postoperative blood salvage devices are used after surgery to gather and process blood that has accumulated in drainage systems.
They typically include a set chamber, a processing unit, and a reinfusion system. the gathering chamber collects the blood, which is then processed to get rid of any contaminants, like clots or tissue debris, using filters or centrifugation. The processed blood is then stored in a sterile container and reinfused into the patient employing a reinfusion system. Autotransfusion devices have several advantages over allogenic blood transfusions. They reduce the danger of transfusion reactions and therefore the transmission of diseases, and they can also reduce the necessity for extra transfusions. Additionally, autotransfusion can improve patient outcomes and reduce healthcare costs.
Autotransfusion Devices Market
The marketplace for autotransfusion devices is driven by the increasing number of surgical procedures being performed, the rising incidence of chronic diseases, and therefore the growing awareness about the risks related to allogenic blood transfusions. The market includes products like cell savers, blood salvage systems, and other related devices. The global autotransfusion devices market size was valued at around USD 270 million in 2021 and is projected to grow at a compound annual rate of growth (CAGR) of around 6.5% from 2022 to 2032.The market size is projected to succeed in USD 500 million by 2032.
In 2020, the intraoperative blood salvage systems segment held the most important market share, thanks to the high demand for these systems in surgical procedures. Geographically, North America and Europe are the main markets for autotransfusion devices thanks to the presence of advanced healthcare infrastructure and high demand for technologically advanced medical devices.
Key players within the autotransfusion devices market include Haemonetics Corporation, LivaNova PLC, Medtronic plc, Terumo Corporation, and Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, among others. These companies are investing heavily in research and development to develop advanced and innovative autotransfusion devices and maintain their competitive edge in the market.
Autotransfusion Devices Market Key Drivers
The global autotransfusion devices market is driven by various key drivers contributing to its growth in recent years. Some of the key drivers of the are:
- Favorable reimbursement policies: Thanks to favorable reimbursement policies boosting the market in developed countries, autotransfusion devices are more accessible and affordable for patients.
- Growing awareness of the risks related to allogenic blood transfusions: The risks related to allogenic blood transfusions, like transfusion reactions, infections, and transmission of diseases, have led to an increased demand for autotransfusion devices, which reduce the necessity for such transfusions.
- Improvements in patient outcomes: Autotransfusion devices are shown to enhance patient outcomes by reducing the necessity for allogenic blood transfusions, and increasing the demand for autotransfusion devices, particularly in surgical settings.
- Increasing healthcare expenditure: The increasing healthcare expenditure in developed and developing countries are contributing to the expansion of the market thanks to the increased availability of advanced medical devices and procedures, including autotransfusion devices.
- Rising number of surgical procedures: With the growing prevalence of chronic diseases and an aging population, the amount of surgical procedures is increasing globally. Autotransfusion devices reduce the necessity for allogenic blood transfusions, which carry risks like infections and transfusion reactions, thereby driving the demand for these devices.
- Technological advancements: The event of portable and easy-to-use autotransfusion devices has made them more accessible and convenient to be used in surgical settings. These devices also are becoming more advanced, with features like improved filtration and processing capabilities, driving the demand for autotransfusion devices.
Autotransfusion Devices Market Key Trends and Developments
Some key trends and developments in the autotransfusion devices market include:
- Increasing adoption of disposable autotransfusion devices: Disposable autotransfusion devices which are cost-effective and need less maintenance are getting increasingly popular thanks to their convenience and skill to scale back the danger of cross-contamination.
- Advancements in filtration and processing technologies: The event of advanced filtration and processing technologies has led to the development of more efficient autotransfusion devices which may effectively remove impurities from collected blood, thereby reducing the danger of transfusion reactions and improving patient outcomes.
- Growing demand for autotransfusion devices in cardiac surgeries: The increasing prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and therefore the rising number of cardiac surgeries are driving the demand for autotransfusion devices.
- Shift towards portable and compact devices: The portable and compact devices are easy to use and transport, making them ideal to be used in ambulatory and outpatient settings is gaining momentum within the autotransfusion devices market.
Autotransfusion Devices Market Segmentation
The autotransfusion devices market can be segmented based on the following factors:
- By Product Type
- Intraoperative Blood Salvage Systems
- Postoperative Blood Salvage Systems
- By Application Type
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Neurosurgery Others
- By End-user Type
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres Others
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Autotransfusion Devices Market: Report Scope
Base Year Market Size
Forecast Year Market Size
Autotransfusion Devices Regional Synopsis
The market in North America is predicted to grow thanks to the presence of advanced healthcare infrastructure and therefore the high adoption of autotransfusion devices. The market size was valued at $406.7 million in 2020 predicted to succeed at $605.3 million by 2028 at a CAGR of around 6.5% during the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. The USA is the largest market in this region, due to the presence of an outsized number of hospitals, the high adoption of advanced medical technologies, and therefore the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases.
The market in Europe is predicted to grow at a CAGR of around 7.1% during 2021-2028 due to the increasing adoption of advanced medical technologies, an outsized patient population, and a well-established healthcare system. The market size was valued at $298.9 million in 2020 and is predicted to succeed in $480.4 million by 2028 with Germany being the most important market during this region.
The Asia-Pacific market due to the increasing healthcare expenditure, an outsized patient population, and therefore the growing demand for advanced medical technologies is predicted to grow at a CAGR of around 8.5% during the forecast period (2021-2028). The market size was valued at $194.2 million in 2020 and is predicted to succeed in $401.2 million by 2028 with China being the most important market in this region.
The market in Latin America is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% with a market size valued at $93.8 million in 2020 and is predicted to succeed in $156.3 million by 2028 thanks to the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and a growing demand for advanced medical technologies. Brazil is the largest market in this region. The market in the Middle East & Africa is expected to grow owing to the increasing healthcare expenditure and the growing demand for advanced medical technologies. it's expected to grow at a CAGR of around 5.7% with a market size valued at $60.3 million in 2020 and is predicted to succeed at $88.2 million by 2028.
Japan Autotransfusion Devices Market
Japan is one of the most important healthcare markets in the world and is understood for its advanced healthcare system. The country features a well-established healthcare infrastructure, and there's a high demand for advanced medical technologies, including autotransfusion devices. The market size for autotransfusion devices in Japan was valued at $29.3 million in 2020 and is predicted to succeed in $51.2 million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of around 7.5% during the forecast period from 2021 to 2028.
The key drivers of the Japanese autotransfusion devices market include the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, rising healthcare expenditure, and therefore the growing demand for advanced medical technologies. The increasing number of surgical procedures within the country, especially cardiac and orthopedic surgeries, the increasing geriatric population, and therefore the rising awareness about the advantages of autotransfusion are predicted to spice up the demand for autotransfusion devices. The key players operating in this market include Haemonetics Corporation, LivaNova PLC, and Terumo Corporation.
Autotransfusion Devices Market Key Challenges
The autotransfusion devices market faces several key challenges that could potentially impact market growth and profitability. Some of the key challenges include:
- Competition from allogeneic blood transfusions: Despite the advantages of autotransfusion, allogeneic blood transfusions remain a standard practice in many healthcare facilities. this will be a challenge for the autotransfusion devices market, as healthcare providers could also be hesitant to modify to a replacement technology.
- High cost: Autotransfusion devices are often expensive, and therefore the high cost is often a serious challenge for patients, especially those without coverage. The high cost can also deter some healthcare facilities from investing in these devices.
- Lack of awareness: There's still a scarcity of awareness among patients and healthcare professionals about the advantages of autotransfusion devices. Many patients might not know that they need the choice to use their own blood during surgery, and a few healthcare professionals might not be conversant with the devices or the way to use them effectively.
- Limited access to healthcare: Patients may not be eligible for autotransfusion devices if they are unable to access healthcare services in some areas. This is particularly true in developing countries where the healthcare infrastructure is less advanced than in more developed nations.
- Regulatory challenges: Regulatory challenges also can be a serious hurdle for the autotransfusion devices market. In some countries, the regulatory requirements for these devices aren't well-defined, and obtaining regulatory approval is often a lengthy and dear process.
- Reimbursement issues: Autotransfusion devices may be reimbursed in a variety of ways and in different countries, depending on the healthcare system. Patients and medical professionals alike may face difficulties as a result.
- Technical limitations: While autotransfusion devices have come an extended way in recent years, there are still some technical limitations that will be a challenge. for instance, the devices might not be ready to collect enough blood in certain patients, and they might not be suitable for all kinds of surgeries.
Autotransfusion Devices Market Global Key Players
The market is very competitive, and corporations that specialize in developing innovative products to satisfy the growing demand for autotransfusion devices. These companies are involved in various strategies like mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and new product launches to strengthen their market position and expand their product portfolio. Some of the key players in the global autotransfusion devices market include:
- Advancis Surgical Ltd.
- Advantech Co., Ltd.
- Atrium Medical Corporation (Getinge AB)
- Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA
- Haemonetics Corporation
- Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.
- Kimal plc
- LivaNova PLC
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Medtronic plc
- Redax S.p.A.
- Sarstedt AG & Co. KG
- Stryker Corporation
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Terumo BCT, Inc.
These key players are well-established and have a strong presence within the market. These companies have a strong distribution network and brand reputation which helps them to require care of their market position. variety of those companies even have a worldwide presence and cater to different regions, which helps them to increase their market share.
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.