UHT Processing Market - By Equipment Type , By Equipment Operation , By End-Product Form , By Application & Global Region - Market Size, Trends, Share & Forecast 2020-2025
Food & BeveragesRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Upcoming
- Published on: Jan 2021
- Report ID: KDMI-6835
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the UHT Processing MarketRequest PDF Sample
Ultra-high temperature processing (UHT) also known as ultra-heat treatment, or ultra-pasteurization is a widely known and used food processing technology that sterilizes liquid food by heating it at a temperature ranging from around 138°to 150° C (the temperature required to kill bacterial endospores) for 2 to 5 seconds. The heat used during the UHT process is known to cause Maillard browning and effectively changes the taste and smell of dairy products. Consequently, it is most commonly used in milk production. But, today, the process is also increasingly applied in fruit juices, creams, soy milk, yogurt, wine, soups, honey, stoves, stews and many other similar products.
The main purpose of this treatment is to increase the microbiological damage by killing bacteria while minimizing the chemical changes i.e. reduction of pathogens which deteriorates the food items. This is done without the usage of preservatives and additives. UHT processing helps to increase the shelf life while enhancing the nutritional and functional benefits of the products
The UHT Processing market is expected to grow at a robust CAGR in the years to follow.
The growth of this market is attributed towards major pertaining factors which include: the increasing global demand for food and beverage products with extended shelf life, increasing demand for dairy products, growing awareness of UHT treated beverage products for health benefits among consumers, increasing demand for packaged beverages, rise in number of product innovations, impact of e-commerce channels including social media, and rising safety of food and beverages during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Additionally, the growth of the processed food industry, food & beverages, increasing economic growth in countries, increase in demand for products with minor to no nutritional changes such as in milk and other products, increasing investments made on UHT treatment for other products, increasing production capacities of UHT treatment plants and increasing government funding for food testing labs are other important factors owing to the growth of this market.
Moreover, UHT processed products can be stored at room temperatures for longer periods of time, without the need for refrigeration which can comparatively decrease the refrigeration costs and allow the manufacturers to keep the products for longer durations, thus reducing the logistic and related costs. This, in addition, enables such products to be transported to long-distances as it can withstand any atmospheric temperature thus, helping in the reduction in quality degradation of products while transportation and elimination of additional cold storage costs at a comprehensive scale.
Furthermore, significant rise in UHT processed packaged RTD fruits and vegetable juices can be seen all over the globe that mostly use aseptic packaging due to the consumer’s inclination toward non-alcoholic beverages and their vibrant and creative packaging. This increasingly contributes to the market growth and propels it even further.
However, stringent rules and regulations regarding the processing & preservation of food products prior to distribution and sales, huge capital investments coupled with high maintenance costs are a few factors that impede the growth of this market.
UHT PROCESSING MARKET SEGMENTATION:
By Equipment Type:
- Flash Cooling
- Aseptic Packaging
By Equipment Operation:
By End-Product Form:
- Semi liquid
- Dairy desserts
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
The North American region has been dominating the UHT Processing Market and is projected to remain the largest market in the years to come. This can be attributed to the rapidly growing application of UHT Processing in the region, the growing awareness and huge preference for UHT processed milk among consumers, the increasing investments made on UHT treatment for other products, rising health consciousness among consumers, the increasing production capacities of UHT treatment plants and requirement for very high-quality milk for UHT treatment. The U.S. is the major contributor in the market in this region.
The Asia Pacific region is the fastest-growing and second-largest market for UHT processing globally and is expected to maintain its position in the near future in this market. This growth can be accounted to the rise in healthy eating habits among the people, the growth of the food processing industry, increasing advancements in the use of membrane filters by Japan among other factors. Countries like India, New Zealand and Australia are the major contributors in the region with India being the largest producer and consumer of milk and related products. Other countries supply and manufacture dairy as well as non-dairy products by importing equipment's from countries like Germany and the US which in turn adds to the growth of this market.
The European region is anticipated to witness substantial growth in this market in the near future owing to the rising consumption levels of UHT milk and, growing production of UHT treated milk along with the increasing processing of dairy related desserts and juices in the region.
FEW KEY PLAYERS IN UHT PROCESSING MARKET:
- GEA Group
- Alfa Laval
- Paul Mueller Company
- IMA Group
- SPX Flow Inc.
- JBT Corporation
- Royal Bengal
- Natural Source Group
- Veder Supplies
- Mina Mina
- Dana Europe OU
- Shanghai Jimei Food Machinery
- TESSA IEC Group
- Stephan Machinery
- Goma Engineering
- Shanghai Triowin Intelligent Machinery
- Stephan Machinery Gmbh
- Tetra Laval International
- Dano Food
- Krones AG
- Other Players
- In November 2020, Industria Lechera de Puerto Rico, Inc. (Indulac) -a Puerto Rican dairy enterprise-, along with the Dairy Producers Cooperative (Coopple by its Spanish acronym), with a desire to reinforce their commitment to consumers to offer products of excellent quality, presented to the market a new, more convenient packaging for all the variety of Ultra High Temperature (UHT) milk products for which they reportedly acquired new machines and more advanced technology that required an investment of around $10 million.
- In November 2020, reports spread across that Freedom Foods Group Ltd. shares (which operates a milk processing plant in Shepperton producing UHT milk) will remain voluntarily suspended until November 30 after the company was granted an extension to finalize its accounts for the financial year ended June 30. The company has also scheduled its annual general meeting for the same date. Shares were suspended voluntarily on June 25 pending the release of the outcome of investigations into the company's financial position. Also, the company is to finalize a $200 million recapitalization plan.
Timeline Considered for Analysis:
- 2019: Base Year
- 2020 to 2025: Forecast Period
Research Scope and Deliverables
Overview & Executive Summary
Market Drivers, Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
Market Size and Forecast Projections
Macroeconomic Indicators of Various Countries Impacting the Growth of the Market
Extensive Coverage of Industry Players including Recent Product Launches and Market Activities
Porter’s Five Force Analysis
Market Segmentation Analysis:
Industry report analyzes the global UHT processing market by the following segments:
- Equipment Type
- Equipment Operation
- End-Product Form
Customization: We also offers customization’s in the industry report as per the company’s specific needs.
Key Questions Answered in the Global UHT Processing Industry Report
- What is the overall market size in 2019? What will be the market growth during the forecast period i.e. 2020-2025?
- Which region would have high demand for product in the upcoming years?
- What are the factors driving the growth of the market?
- Which sub-market will make the most significant contribution to the market?
- What are the market opportunities for existing and entry-level players?
- What are various long-term and short-term strategies adopted by the market players?
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.