Sulfate-free Shampoo Market: Global Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Forecast, 2022-2032
Consumer Goods & RetailRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Published
- Published on: Jan 2022
- Report ID: KDMI-5238
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Sulfate-Free Shampoo MarketRequest PDF Sample
Sulfate-free Shampoo Market Overview and Definition
The sulfate-free shampoo market refers to the production and distribution of hair care products that are free from sulfate-based surfactants. Sulfates, such as sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate, are commonly used in many traditional shampoos to create lather and remove dirt and oil from the hair. However, sulfates can be harsh on the scalp and hair, leading to dryness, irritation, and color fading.
Sulfate-free shampoos are formulated with milder surfactants that are less likely to cause irritation or strip the hair of its natural oils. They may also contain other beneficial ingredients, such as natural oils, plant extracts, and vitamins, to nourish and protect the hair and scalp.
The sulfate-free shampoo market is driven by the growing demand for natural and organic personal care products, as well as increasing awareness of the potential health and environmental impacts of sulfates. Other factors contributing to the growth of the sulfate-free shampoo market include the rise of clean beauty trends and the growing popularity of hair care products that are free from harsh chemicals and synthetic ingredients. The sulfate-free shampoo market is also influenced by changing consumer preferences and purchasing habits, as more people seek out products that are gentle, effective, and aligned with their personal values.
Hair care is undeniably an integral part of any human’s daily routine. Shampoos are the primary products used in hair care.
Hair shampoos are a type of cleanser that is used on the hair and which have various applications including cleaning and one of the most common ingredients found in them are sulfates. These sulfated ingredients are often used for hair cleansing by creating a lathering effect to remove oil and dirt from the hair. Eventually, they remove the natural oils and dyes too. As a result, people these days are seeking more ingredient alternatives that provide a sulfate-free formulation and that deliver effective cleansing without effects that harm the hair and skin. Additionally, shampoos containing a sericin formulation with a pH lower than six are useful for the care and cleaning of hairs.
The global sulfate-free shampoo market is expected to grow at a significant CAGR in the future years.
The growth of this market is attributed towards some major relying factors including but not limited to the growing consumer awareness regarding the impact of climate change on their skin and hair, evolving consumer needs for shampoo products comprising of natural ingredients, increasing celebrity endorsements, rise in demand for natural and organic products, rising prevalence of disorders related to hair such as dandruff, hair fall, oily hair, dryness of hair and itchiness, etc.
Moreover, awareness of people regarding the irritation of surfactants-based shampoos to the scalp, and hair damage is on an ever-increasing high which vastly enhances the demand for sulfate-free shampoos among consumers globally.
Furthermore, as the demand for non-irritating personal care formulations is massively surging, vendors in this market have started introducing and launching novel blends with the claim of easing manufacturers’ efforts to accelerate their shift toward softer shampoo product variants. This propels the growth of the sulfate-free shampoos market.
Additionally, these sulfate-free shampoos are also characterized by their outbound benefits which include prevention of scalp damage, split ends, and retention of the natural oils and color of the hair. This gains traction in the market growth as these products further gain popularity as effective hair care products which imbibe premium quality and prove beneficial for users.
SULFATE-FREE SHAMPOO MARKET SEGMENTATION:
- Ѕtаndаrd Ѕhаmроо
- Меdісаtеd Ѕhаmроо
By Distribution Channel:
- Drug Stores and Pharmacies
- Online Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Specialist Retailers
The Asia-Pacific region is projected to witness monumental growth in the sulfate-free shampoo market in the years to come. This is because the beauty and personal care industry in the Asia Pacific is witnessing tremendous growth and also owing to the region’s recovering economy and the growing number of middle-class population with their rising GHDI.
Though the market is also growing in different countries which include Japan, Thailand, and South Korea, India is at the top in terms of revenue. Also, the Chinese population considers hair care as an important aspect of their everyday lives and shampoos as an essential hair product that is particularly intended to keep the moisture balance of the hair. Additionally, in China, demand for anti-hair fall shampoo is growing at the fastest rate mainly because of the high-pressure life and the increasing pollution levels.
FEW KEY PLAYERS IN SULFATE-FREE SHAMPOO MARKET:
- Рrосtеr & Gаmblе
- Estee Lauder
- Other Players
- In February 2020, Oribe announced and updated three of its original formulas—Signature Shampoo, Shampoo for Beautiful Color and Shampoo for Brilliance and Shine—to be free from Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium laureth sulfate (SLES).
- In June 2020, Henkel announced the launched of BetterNurtured in North America which is a hair brand that centres on naturally-derived ingredients, vegan formulations and recyclable packaging.
- In July 2020, L’Oreal Group-owned Pureology rolled out a relaunch to correspond to the changing clean hair-care category. Pureology first launched in 2001 and was acquired by L’Oréal in 2007 which has a history as a professional sulfate-free brand.
- In October 2020, Bevel, Walker & Company Brands, recently acquired by Procter & Gamble, launched its Award-Winning Hair Care Line including the silicone-free Beard Softener to soften, hydrate, and strengthen facial hair, sulfate-free Shampoo & Conditioner designed to cleanse and moisturize hair and various others.
- In October 2020, Paul Mitchell introduced and launched its first hair-care line which is formulated without parabens, sulfates, phthalates, DEA and mineral oils, and is cruelty-free and vegan with organic ingredients and is made available in 4 categories: everyday, anti-frizz, hydration and repair.
- In October 2020, Origins, and its parent company, The Estée Lauder Companies (ELC), announced a partnership with global chemical industry leader SABIC and strategic beauty packaging manufacturer Albéa to bring an advanced recycled tube package to market in 2021.
Timeline Considered for Analysis:
- 2019: Base Year
- 2020: Estimated Year
- 2020 to 2025: Forecast Period
Research Scope and Deliverables
Overview & Executive Summary
Market Drivers, Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
Market Size and Forecast Projections
Macroeconomic Indicators of Various Countries Impacting the Growth of the Market
Extensive Coverage of Industry Players including Recent Product Launches and Market Activities
Porter’s Five Force Analysis
Market Segmentation Analysis:
Industry report analyses the global sulfate-free shampoo market by the following segments:
- By Type
- By Applicationn
- Distribution Channel
Customization: We also offer customization’s in the industry report as per the company’s specific needs.
Key Questions Answered in the Global Sulfate-free Shampoo Industry Report
- What is the overall market size in 2019? What will be the market growth during the forecast period i.e. 2020-2025?
- Which region would have high demand for product in the upcoming years?
- What are the factors driving the growth of the market?
- Which sub-market will make the most significant contribution to the market?
- What are the market opportunities for existing and entry-level players?
- What are various long-term and short-term strategies adopted by the market players?
Powered by Froala Editor
Powered by Froala Editor
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.