Smart City KIOSK Market - By Solution Type, By Industry User, By Deployment Type & Global Region - Market Size, Trends, Share & Forecast 2020-2025
ICTRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Upcoming
- Published on: Jan 2021
- Report ID: KDMI-5748
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Smart City Kiosk MarketRequest PDF Sample
Smart phones have evidently been one of the most revolutionizing technological advancements in human history and have undoubtedly changed the dynamics of our everyday lives. Similarly, Smart City Kiosk is a breakthrough citizen engagement platform that helps cities, communicates with the public; which are designed for multi-use to improve public participation through approachable and practical means and which enable and is ideal for sharing community information, travel, and weather details, as well as way-finding, advertising, entertainment, and much more.
The smart city kiosks are specifically designed touch screen enabled units with PCs embedded, which are usually placed in movie theatres, parking lots and airports most of which include (interactive) display panels for local information, Wi-Fi signaling, and emergency call services. Smart city kiosk deployments are crucial as they also offer device charging.
A digital kiosk captures a large quantity of information as people communicate with it. This data gives insights into what was essential to the public during their communication, as well as helpful information about the region in which the kiosk was deployed. This could include engaged periods, number of people in the city center, daytime pollution levels, demographics, the highest daytime traffic, and a lot more.
The kiosks connect several devices for delivering services such as connectivity, security and transit in the city. Development of infrastructure for connecting everything in the smart city with the kiosks and advancement in the self-service technology are the key trends in the smart city kiosk market.
Kiosks typically use advertising as a revenue model while providing the public with a variety of information and services. Smart City kiosks also use sensors and digital platforms to collect street-level data and engage local residents, businesses, and tourists throughout the city.
Owing to the above, smart city kiosk market is expected to grow in the coming years at a more significant CAGR as compared to previous years.
The growth of this market is attributed towards major relying factors including increasing technological advancements, rising spending from the IT services industry, invention of innovative products at low costs, increasing deployment of retail advertising kiosks among others to seek maximum customer care etc.
The smart city kiosk systems increase the public safety by delivering info to users about immediate incident or accident; also helping the citizens to associate with emergency services. Also, merchants in the smart city kiosk market are focusing on improving the security of kiosk by keeping the information on the server rather than on the device and deploying each device with a unique password so that hackers cannot access others kiosks. These factors are motivating the development of the smart city kiosks market.
However, high development cost and cyber threats such hacking of the data and malware attacks, unintended service disruption, such as device failure or server overload, unresponsive user interface, loss of valuable customer information outcomes in the customer waiting are a few factors that restrain the growth of this market.
SMART CITY KIOSK MARKET SEGMENTATION:
By Solution Type:
- Professional Services
- Managed Services
By Industry User:
- Food & Beverage
- Media and Entertainment
By Deployment Type:
- Integrated display solution
- Standalone Smart Sity Kiosk
- North America
- Middle East and Africa
North America has been an established market for Smart City Kiosks as a result of increased internet, broadband, & smart phone usage, rising customer demand for anywhere and anytime access to content and products, rising wealth and expansion of innovative technology trends etc. Moreover, the next-generation infrastructure in the North America region has boosted several major and regional players to initiate the manufacture smart city kiosk deployment. Furthermore, the new market entrants are redefining fundamental business aspects and focusing to establish their operations, owing to the rising demand for smart city kiosk.
The Asia Pacific has been the ground for the R&D of several low-cost technologies and has been the largest growing region in this market, also generating high demand for the smart city kiosk deployment market in the region and encouraging market players to expand their manufacturing capacity. For example, OLEA Kiosk Inc., a leading player in the smart city kiosk deployment market, received approval from Vista Entertainment Solutions Ltd. to support it with self-service kiosk hardware. Additionally, many companies started to adopt smart city kiosk deployment as new street furniture in this region.
FEW KEY PLAYERS IN SMART CITY KIOSK MARKET:
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- OLEA kiosks Inc.
- Smart City Media
- CIVIQ Smartscapes LLC
- Ferrograph Ltd.
- Smartlink Holdings Limited
- Smart City Holdings
- Soofa Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Peerless A.V Inc.
- Other Players
- In 2020, the city of St Louis started introducing in phases, roll-out of its interactive smart city kiosks, with the first installation near the Wohl Recreation Centre inside the historic Sherman Park.
- In May 2020, north-east India Came up With First Mobile Kiosk to Collect COVID-19 Sample, which also prevented Wastage of PPE.
- In October 2020, ParkMobile, the leading provider of smart parking and mobility solutions in North America, announced a new partnership with Diamond Parking in San Diego, expanding the app’s availability to over 40 locations and adding 2,000 more parking spots throughout the city.
- In 2020, VSBLTY reportedly co-partnered with major kiosk manufacturers to provide contactless, self-service technology to accurately and efficiently measure people for “at-risk” temperatures at the point of admittance, thereby reducing virus transmission potential between the operator and the person being scanned. Also, VSBLTY technology added facial recognition to thermal imaging, and the firm is working with KIOSK Information Systems, a world leader in the design and manufacture of self-service automation, and Synect, a content creation agency that enables video displays of unlimited size and scale in retail stores, airports and other complex facilities throughout the country.
Timeline Considered for Analysis:
- 2019: Base Year
- 2020: Estimated Year
- 2020 to 2025: Forecast Period
Research Scope and Deliverables
Overview & Executive Summary
Market Drivers, Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
Market Size and Forecast Projections
Macroeconomic Indicators of Various Countries Impacting the Growth of the Market
Extensive Coverage of Industry Players including Recent Product Launches and Market Activities
Porter’s Five Force Analysis
Market Segmentation Analysis:
Industry report analyses the global smart city kiosk market by the following segments:
- Solution Type
- Industry User
- Deployment Type
Customization: We also offer customization’s in the industry report as per the company’s specific needs.
Key Questions Answered in the Global Smart City Kiosk Industry Report
- What is the overall market size in 2019? What will be the market growth during the forecast period i.e. 2020-2025?
- Which region would have high demand for product in the upcoming years?
- What are the factors driving the growth of the market?
- Which sub-market will make the most significant contribution to the market?
- What are the market opportunities for existing and entry-level players?
- What are various long-term and short-term strategies adopted by the market players?
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.