Sinusitis Treatment Market : Global Industry Size, Share, Growth & Forecast ( 2022 - 2032 )
Life ScienceRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Published
- Published on: Feb 2023
- Report ID: KDMI-7121
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Sinusitis Treatment MarketRequest PDF Sample
Sinusitis Treatment Market Key Findings:
- From 2020 to 2028, the global sinusitis treatment market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of approximately 4.2% with a market value of approximately $7.1 billion in 2021.
- The most common treatment for sinusitis is medication, which is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
- The end user, which includes clinics, hospitals, and other establishments, is used to divide the sinusitis treatment market. Due to their extensive patient base and advanced healthcare facilities, hospitals are anticipated to dominate the market.
- Due to their large patient populations and well-developed healthcare systems, North America and Europe are expected to dominate the global sinusitis treatment market.
- The sinusitis treatment market is predicted to rise as a result of rising illness awareness, an increase in sinusitis prevalence, and technological improvements. The high cost of care and the absence of reimbursement rules in some nations might limit market expansion.
- More prospects for the sinusitis treatment market are anticipated in the future due to the growing acceptance of biologics and innovative drug delivery technologies.
Sinusitis Treatment Market Insights:
Sinusitis Treatment Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
An allergic reaction or a viral or bacterial infection can both result in sinusitis, which is an inflammation of the nasal sinuses. Headaches, nasal congestion, facial pain or pressure, and a thick, bluish-colored discharge are all signs of sinusitis. The proper diagnosis of sinusitis is the first step in the treatment plan, which typically involves a physical examination and imaging tests like a CT scan.
The course of treatment for sinusitis is determined by its cause and duration. Self-care treatments like nasal irrigation and over-the-counter pain relievers are typically used to treat acute sinusitis, which lasts less than four weeks. A doctor may prescribe antibiotics or other medications to help clear the infection if the symptoms persist. Antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, and decongestants are some of the medications used to treat chronic sinusitis, which lasts for more than 12 weeks. Surgery to remove nasal polyps or clear blocked sinus passages may be recommended by a physician in some instances. Antihistamines and nasal corticosteroids are used to treat allergic sinusitis to reduce inflammation and alleviate symptoms.
Notwithstanding the above unambiguous treatment, specialists may likewise prescribe way-of-life changes to lessen the gamble of sinusitis, for example, stopping smoking and staying away from openness to aggravations and allergens. It's important to remember that sinusitis is a common condition that often goes away on its own. Because of this, starting antibiotics can be risky in some cases. This is especially true for acute sinusitis, which is typically brought on by a viral infection and can't be treated with antibiotics.
Sinusitis Treatment Market : Report Scope
Base Year Market Size
Forecast Year Market Size
Sinusitis Treatment Emerging drugs
Several emerging drugs for the treatment of sinusitis treatment are currently being developed or are in late-stage clinical trials. These drugs include:
- Mometasone furoate: A steroid spray for the treatment of chronic sinusitis is currently in development. It works by reducing inflammation in the sinuses and nasal passages.
- Ciclesonide: For the treatment of both allergic and non-allergic rhinitis, as well as chronic sinusitis, a steroid nasal spray is currently being developed. It functions by reducing swelling in the nose and sinus passageways.
- Azelastine: The purpose of this antihistamine nasal spray is to treat allergic rhinitis and chronic sinusitis. It works by preventing histamine, a substance that causes swelling and other allergy symptoms, from working as it should.
- Lebrikizumab: This monoclonal antibody aims at a protein that has been linked to the inflammatory process of sinusitis, interleukin-13. It is being developed as a treatment for nasal polyps-associated persistent sinusitis.
- Rinucumab: The interleukin-4 receptor alpha, a protein implicated in the inflammatory process of sinusitis, is the target of this monoclonal antibody. It is being developed as a remedy for persistent sinusitis that has nasal polyps.
- AK002: It is a biological treatment for chronic sinusitis that is being developed works by preventing MUC5AC, a protein that makes nasal mucus, from doing its job.
Sinusitis Treatment Market
The market for sinusitis treatment is expected to grow in the upcoming years as a result of growing sinusitis incidence, increased public awareness of the ailment, and technological improvements. With a market size of over $7.1 billion in 2021, it is predicted that the worldwide sinusitis treatment market will grow at a CAGR of around 4.2%. Market segmentation is caused by the type of therapy, which might include things like medicine and surgery. Medication, which includes antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, and decongestants, is the most typical therapy for sinusitis. Surgery is commonly used to treat sinusitis, especially in cases of chronic sinusitis or nasal polyps. North America and Europe are predicted to dominate the world market for sinusitis treatments because of their big patient populations and advanced healthcare systems.
Sinusitis Treatment Market Driving Factors:
Several factors are driving the growth of the sinusitis treatment market:
- Technological advancements: Technology has made it possible to treat sinusitis in a novel way, which has helped the market grow. The use of bioabsorbable implants, balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery, computer-assisted surgery, and drug-eluting stents, for instance, has made the treatment more effective.
- Growing demand for minimally invasive procedures: Minimally invasive procedures like balloon sinuplasty are becoming more and more well-liked by patients because of their efficacy and safety, which is driving market expansion.
- Growing geriatric population: Due to weakened immune systems and other health conditions, the elderly population is more susceptible to chronic sinusitis. The market's expansion is being aided by the rising number of elderly people who require effective sinusitis treatment options.
- Awareness about sinusitis early intervention: Because early diagnosis and therapy can relieve sinusitis and avoid complications, the market for sinusitis remedies is growing as individuals become more aware of the ailment and its symptoms.
- Increasing healthcare expenditure: Increasing healthcare expenses and an increasing focus on patient-centered care, especially in developing countries, have led to a strong demand for better healthcare facilities and treatment alternatives, which has expanded the market.
- Increasing prevalence of sinusitis: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that more than 29 million Americans suffer from sinusitis each year. The rising prevalence of sinusitis is contributing to the expansion of the sinusitis treatment market by driving the demand for efficient treatment options.
Sinusitis Treatment Market Segmentation:
The sinusitis treatment market can be segmented based on treatment type, end user, drug class, distribution channel, stage of cancer, and region:
By Treatment Type
By End-user Type
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
- Homecare Settings
By Region Type
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Sinusitis Treatment Market by Treatment Type review:
The antibiotics market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 3.5% between 2021 and 2028 as a result of the widespread use of antibiotics. It is anticipated that its value will reach $1.9 billion in 2028. The market for nasal corticosteroids will reach a value of $1.2 billion in 2028 expanding at a CAGR of 4.2%. With a CAGR of 3.8%, the decongestant market is anticipated to reach $1.1 billion in 2028. The Antihistamines segment is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 3.3% through 2028, reaching a value of $0.9 billion.
The nasal spray market, which accounts for the majority of the industry's revenue, is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% through 2028 when it is expected to reach $1.8 billion. By 2028, the worth of the Nebulizers portion is expected to reach $0.9 billion, addressing a CAGR of 3.7%. By 2028, the sinus stents market is expected to have a value of $0.8 billion, growing at a CAGR of 4.2%. The balloon sinuplasty devices market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% through 2028, reaching a value of $0.7 billion.
By 2028, the market for endoscopic sinus surgery is expected to be worth $2.1 billion, giving it the largest market share of all surgery markets. This market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.0 percent. By 2028, the market for functional endoscopic sinus surgery is expected to be worth $0.6 billion, growing at a CAGR of 3.8%.
Sinusitis Treatment by End-user Type review:
As hospitals provide a wide range of amenities and services to patients receiving care, they are the primary source of sinusitis treatment. The market for sinusitis treatment was dominated by hospitals in 2020, and it is anticipated that they will continue to do so during the forecast period between 2021 and 2028 when a CAGR of 6.4% is anticipated. It is anticipated that specialty clinics will expand at a CAGR of 7.4%. The sinusitis treatment industry is expected to expand moderately and includes ambulatory surgery centers and home care.
Sinusitis Treatment by Region Type review:
The North American market for sinusitis treatment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5 percent between 2021 and 2028, with the United States contributing the most, with a market value of approximately $2.4 billion in 2021. Europe is another significant market for sinusitis treatment, with a CAGR of 3.8% anticipated between 2021 and 2028 and a value of approximately $1.9 billion in 2021. Germany and the United Kingdom, which each contribute a sizable amount, dominate the market. Between the years 2021 and 2028, the Asia-Pacific sinusitis treatment market, which was valued at approximately $1.5 billion in 2021 and is dominated by China, Japan, and India, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.1%. The Latin American sinusitis treatment market is expected to reach approximately $860 million at a CAGR of 3.6% between 2021 and 2028. The most significant contributions to the market come from Brazil and Mexico. Between 2021 and 2028, the Middle East and Africa market, which was worth approximately $520 million in 2021, is expected to grow slowly at a CAGR of 2.4%. Saudi Arabia and South Africa make the most significant contributions to the market.
Sinusitis Treatment Challenges
There are several challenges facing the sinusitis treatment market.
- Increasing antibiotic resistance: Antibiotics are often used to treat sinusitis, but antibiotic-resistant bacteria have developed due to overuse and misuse, making treatment more difficult and costly.
- Availability of alternatives: Decongestants, saline nasal sprays, and corticosteroids are some of the over-the-counter treatments for sinusitis that can be used in place of antibiotics. This may limit the expansion of the market for sinusitis treatment and reduce prescription drug demand.
- Limited treatment options: There are currently only a few treatment options for chronic sinusitis, and many of them, like endoscopic sinus surgery, are invasive and costly. As a result, patients may be reluctant to undergo such procedures, which could limit market expansion.
- Lack of patient awareness: Because many people with sinusitis are unaware that there are numerous treatment options, they may delay seeking assistance until their condition becomes extremely severe. The market's growth may be impeded by patients' unwillingness to pay for treatment until they have exhausted all other options.
- High cost of treatment: When patients require long-term treatment, some of the medications used to treat sinusitis can be costly. This may prevent some patients from receiving treatment and may also result in non-compliance with prescribed regimens.
- Misdiagnosis: The symptoms of sinusitis can be similar to those of allergies or the common cold. Patients suffering from misdiagnosis may experience ineffective care and prolonged suffering.
- Inadequate Research: More research is needed to learn more about sinusitis, its symptoms, and effective treatments. The diagnosis and treatment of the condition may benefit from this.
- COVID-19 Pandemic: The healthcare system has been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic, making it difficult for sinusitis patients to receive prompt and adequate treatment. Additionally, it has delayed clinical trials for new sinusitis treatments.
Sinusitis Treatment Market Key Players
There are several key players in the sinusitis treatment market, including:
- AstraZeneca PLC: A multinational pharmaceutical company that offers a range of medications such as Rhinocort Aqua, Pulmicort, and Symbicort.
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC: Offers Nasonex, Flovent, and Advair for the treatment of sinusitis and other respiratory conditions.
- Johnson & Johnson: A multinational medical device, pharmaceutical, and consumer goods company that offers a range of products for sinusitis treatment, including nasal sprays and saline rinses such as NeilMed Sinus Rinse, a saline rinse that helps relieve nasal congestion and sinus pressure.
- Medtronic PLC: Offers the XprESS Multi-Sinus Dilation System and the Straightshot M4 Microdebrider for the treatment of sinusitis and other respiratory conditions.
- Merck & Co., Inc.: Offers Singulair, Claritin, and Nasonex for the treatment of sinusitis and other respiratory conditions.
- Pfizer Inc.: Offers Zithromax, Prevnar 13, and Lyrica which helps treat bacterial infections, including sinusitis.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.: Offers Azelastine, a nasal spray that helps relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis, which can lead to sinusitis. Teva also offers the brand product Qnasl, a nasal aerosol containing beclomethasone dipropionate that helps reduce inflammation and relieve symptoms of sinusitis.
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.