Robotic End of Arm Tools Market
Robotic End of Arm Tools Market - By Product Type , By End-Use Industry , By Application & Global Region - Market Size, Trends, Share & Forecast 2020-2025Request Sample Request Discount
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Robotic End of Arm Tools MarketRequest Sample
End of arm tooling (EOAT) is a breakthrough concept in robotic technology. Robotic end of arm tools are the set of tools that are attached to the end of a robotic arm to interact with the environment with the help of different sensors and controllers. Robotic end of arm tools are also known as end effectors. Robots with multiple arms comprise multiple end-effectors. Robotic End-of-arm-tools (EOATs) include- robotic grippers, tool changers, material removal tools and welding torches. The exact nature of this device depends on the application of the robot.
End effectors may consist of a gripper or a tool. There are four general categories of robot grippers:
- Impactive: jaws or claws
- Ingressive: pins, needles or hackles
- Astrictive: attractive forces applied to the objects surface.
- Constitutive: requiring direct contact for adhesion to take place.
The EOAT gives robots specific functionalities and can be changed to fit different applications or even be built to accommodate several processes at once.
The end effectors can be used as tools to serve various purposes, including spot-welding in an assembly, spray-painting where uniformity of painting is necessary, bag palletizing, case palletizing, consumer product handling, component handling and other purposes where the working conditions are dangerous for human beings. Surgical robots have end effectors that are specifically manufactured for the purpose.
Though, the role of robot end-of-arm tooling has never been more important, the analysis of the impact of COVID-19 on the market reveals a market slowdown in the first half of 2020. However, the effect will gradually lessen in the coming quarters.
As such, healthy growth is expected to continue throughout the decade, and the global market is expected to grow at a significant CAGR in the next few years.
The growth of this market is attributed towards major factors such as the growth in popularity of robots, the rapidly rising demand for modular EOAT, increasing demand for collaborative robots, the consolidation of players in the market, rising demand from the F&B industry and the development of the healthcare sector and others.
The growing focus on reducing workforce requirements and improving operational efficiency has increased the adoption of automation in the industries and as a result, the manufacturers have been increasing their investments in these robots. This has significantly increased the use of modular end-of-arm tooling systems that can handle tools of multiple sizes, materials, and geometries and can be used for applications such as welding, packaging, finishing, distribution, material handling, assembly, machine tending and quality testing etc. Adding to this, these systems are user friendly, require minimal knowledge for programming, and are easy to troubleshoot at the time of problems.
New developments in the robotic end of arm tools landscape such as electrostatic grippers, automatic tool changers, furniture finishing tools, collision sensors and other compliance devices are currently in the spotlight with their successful deployment in the automotive and nonautomotive applications, thereby driving the growth of this market.
The rapidly increasing use of FDM and additive manufacturing in EOAT manufacturing is facilitating faster customization and is more advanced compared to other conventional methodologies. Also, with the varieties and capabilities of end-of-arm tools at an all-time high, growing number of businesses around the world consider the technology to be necessary and an affordable addition to existing processes.
Owing to several advantages including cost-effectiveness and reduced delivery time, the adoption of robotics end-of-arm tooling is expected to rise in the forthcoming years.
However, major factors such as high initial cost of robotic implementation, costs incurred on preventive maintenance, safety, operator training, and use of complementary peripheral equipment restrain this market from growing.
ROBOTIC END OF ARM TOOLS MARKET SEGMENTATION:
By Product Type:
- Welding Torches
- Material Removal Torches
- Tool Changer
By End-Use Industry:
- Automotive & Transportation
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- Food & Beverage
- Chemicals & Pharmaceutical
- Assembly Line
- Material Handling
- Welding Process
- Packaging Line
- Painting Line
- Inspection Line
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Asia-Pacific held the largest share and dominated the robotics end of arm tooling market in the recent years and is predicted to retain this position in the future. High adoption rate of industrial robots across the region, rise in implementation of green and sustainable packaging methods and the reduction in price of sensors and other hardware components is expected to fuel the growth of the robotics end of arm tooling market. Growing healthcare sector has created more scope of expansion for development of drugs and innovation of packaging technologies. China is one of the major contributors of growth in this region and alone holds more than 30% share in the global industrial robot market.
Europe held a considerable market share due to the developed healthcare sector in this region owing to the presence of numerous robotic manufacturers across the region.
Whilst, North America has been digitally advanced with a high adoption rate towards the promotion and marketing of industrial robots which in turn is expected to fuel the growth of robotic end of arm tools, Middle East & Africa is likely to have an increasing market share in the robotics end of arm tooling market.
FEW KEY PLAYERS IN ROBOTIC END OF ARM TOOLS MARKET:
- SCHUNK GmbH & Co. KG
- ASS Maschinenbau GmbH
- ATI Industrial Automation
- Soft Robotics, Inc.
- Piab AB
- Dover Corp.
- Applied Robotics
- ABB Limited
- EMI Corp.
- Grabit Inc.
- Yaskawa America, Inc.
- Schmalz GmbH
- Festo AG & Co. KG
- Toyota Industries Corp.
- EQT AB
- Other Players
- In June 2020, Piab created 3D models of all its robot end-of-arm tools. Piab offers a wide range of EOATs for industrial robotic palletizing and de-palletizing operations.
- In February 2020, On Robot, a global leader in robotic end-of-arm tooling (EoAT), has launched a compact, single-pad version of its innovative Gecko no-mark adhesive gripper for a wider application of its services at healthcare and medical packaging industries.
- In September 2020, Brown Machine Group (BMG) announced the aXatronics C-RUSH System, designed for use in paper cup manufacturing applications. The first of its kind to automatically remove sidewalls, or Blanks, from high-speed, vertical die-cutters and robotically place them into work-in-progress containers, the C-RUSH System significantly reduce manual labor and improve die-cutter productivity.
- In October 2020, Sun vapor invented SCEPTRETM, a zero-emissions desalination process for inland brackish water and also received $7 million in awards from the US Department of Energy for innovations in thermal energy storage, collector design and automated manufacturing.
Timeline Considered for Analysis:
- 2019: Base Year
- 2020: Estimated Year
- 2020 to 2025: Forecast Period
Research Scope and Deliverables
Overview & Executive Summary
Market Drivers, Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
Market Size and Forecast Projections
Macroeconomic Indicators of Various Countries Impacting the Growth of the Market
Extensive Coverage of Industry Players including Recent Product Launches and Market Activities
Porter’s Five Force Analysis
Market Segmentation Analysis:
Industry report analyses the global robotic end of arm tools market by the following segments:
- Product Type
- End-Use Industry
Customization: We also offer customization’s in the industry report as per the company’s specific needs.
Key Questions Answered in the Global Robotic End of Arm Tools Industry Report
- What is the overall market size in 2019? What will be the market growth during the forecast period i.e. 2020-2025?
- Which region would have high demand for product in the upcoming years?
- What are the factors driving the growth of the market?
- Which sub-market will make the most significant contribution to the market?
- What are the market opportunities for existing and entry-level players?
- What are various long-term and short-term strategies adopted by the market players?
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.