Polyester Filament Market
Polyester Filament Market- By Product Type , By Raw Material , By Yarn Type ,By End-use Industry , By Dyeing Process, By No. of Twist & Global Region - Market Size, Trends, Share & Forecast 2020-2025Request Sample Request Discount
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Polyester Filament MarketRequest Sample
Polyester, currently is undoubtedly the most desirable and demanded fibre in the textiles industry owing to its improved physical properties, lower price and recyclability, which provides a completely unique set of benefits as compared to any other natural or synthetic fibers. Polyester is a type of polymer that consists of the ester functional group in their main chain. As a specific material, it most commonly refers to a type called polyethylene terephthalate (PET).
Among all the polyester products, the polyester filament yarn production is the highest compared to the other polyester products. Polyester filament is versatile and relatively applicable in large areas including consumer apparel to heavy industrial applications.
Accordingly, global polyester filament market is expected to grow at a steady CAGR in the years to come.
The growth of this market is attributed towards various pertaining factors including the growth in the use of polyester in textile industry including apparel & home furnishing, increasing population along with rapid industrialization and urbanization, increasing awareness about environmental protection, rising demand for polyester filament in manufacturing of automotive textile, expansion of technical textile industry and its increasing demand in healthcare sector, favorable government policies, positive movement in international prices of the raw materials along with increasing innovation and R&D in the global polyester filament market etc.
The demand for polyester filament in home furnishing and apparel industry will continue to be robust and stronger in the coming years. Additionally, its versatility, relative applicability in large areas, fast-drying and lightweight features, makes it a commonly used material in various industries, which also fuel the growth of market.
Sustainability is marking a number of industry verticals and the market for polyester filament market is no different. It is quite interesting to note here that recycled polyester filament is therefore gaining prominence, especially in the production of furniture and also there is growing demand from the construction industry as these are resistant to alkali attacks, and PFRC finds usage as overlays and in pavement quality concrete. Polyester filament yarns, owing to their non-biodegradable property, are used in cement concrete road works, thereby assisting in the conservation of environment.
Interestingly, the home furnishing industry is taking to this yarn instead of cotton and thereby taking the global polyester filament market worth higher. However, higher prices of yarn can result in increasing demand for cotton which may hamper the growth of this market.
POLYESTER FILAMENT MARKET SEGMENTATION:
Based on Product Type:
- Partially Oriented Yarn (POY)
- Polyester Fully Drawn Yarn (FDY)
- Polyester Drawn Textured Yarn (DTY)
Based on Raw Material:
- Polyethylene Terephthalate
- Poly-1, 4-Cyclohexylene Dimethylene (PCDT)
Based on Yarn Type:
- Single yarn
- Ply Yarn
- Cord yarn
Based on End-use Industry:
- Textile Industry
- Wearing Apparels
- Home Furnishing
- Decorative Textile Manufacturing
- Other textile industry
- Automotive industry
- Automotive Flock Industry
- Airbag Manufacturing
- Mechanical Rubber Good (MRG) Manufacturing
- Tirecord Manufacturing
- Orthopedic Bandage
- Non-biodegradable Sutters
- Wearing Apparels
- Protective Clothing
Based on Dyeing Process:
Based on No. of Twist:
- Low Twist (up to 230 twist per meter)
- Medium Twist (230-900 twist per meter)
- High Twist (above 900 twist per meter)
Asia Pacific region dominated the global polyester filament owing to presence of key players, fast-growing textile industries, entry of new players, heavy industrialization and rapid urbanization etc. Moreover, China is said to be a major exporter of polyester filaments, mainly exported to Southeast Asia, North Africa and Western Europe etc. since in 2012, South Korea, Turkey, Argentina and India implemented anti-dumping measures for the local polyester filament products
North America is the fastest growing region as there is a significantl growth and improvements in technology which channelize the growth of the market. North American market, led by the U.S., held the second-largest market share in 2018 and is projected to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years.
Additionally, Europe will be other lucrative regional market with a large demand for modern furniture, made up of recycled material and high disposable income, which will help the markets grow substantially.
FEW KEY PLAYERS IN POLYESTER FILAMENT MARKET:
- Tongkun Group
- Xin Feng Ming Group
- Zhejiang Hengyi Group
- Kordsa Global
- Kolon Industries
- Hengli Group
- Billion Industrial
- Rongsheng PetroChemical
- Jiangsu Sanfangxiang Group
- Reliance Industries Ltd
- William Barnet & Son LLC,
- Polyfibre Industries
- Toray Industries Inc
- Tepar Textiles
- Indorama Ventures
- Other Players
- In 2018, The Indian Subcontinent, in terms of production, held the second largest market share.
- In October 2020, State-owned Indian Oil Corp (IOC) announced its plans to increase its petrochemical manufacturing capacity, and to review its greenfield and expansion projects at refineries to ensure enhanced integrated operations. Alos, IOC plans to focus on new segments such as polyester filament yarn, polyester staple fibre and polybutadiene rubber along the COTC chain. (IOC is the second largest petrochemical producer in India, after Reliance Industries.)
- In October 8, 2020, Gatron Industries disclosed material information to the Pakistan Stock Exchange, regarding its proposed merger with Novatex Industries. The High Court of Balochistan in Quetta had approved the merger between the two companies on September 21, 2020. Also, around 40% of the world creation of polyester is specifically used to make polyester yarn, which, incidentally, is the main business of Gatron Industries.
Timeline Considered for Analysis:
- 2019: Base Year
- 2020: Estimated Year
- 2020 to 2025: Forecast Period
Research Scope and Deliverables
Overview & Executive Summary
Market Drivers, Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
Market Size and Forecast Projections
Macroeconomic Indicators of Various Countries Impacting the Growth of the Market
Extensive Coverage of Industry Players including Recent Product Launches and Market Activities
Porter’s Five Force Analysis
Market Segmentation Analysis:
Industry report analyses the global polyester filament market by the following segments:
- Product Type
- Raw Material
- Yarn Type
- End-use Industry
- Dyeing Process
- No. of Twist
Customization: We also offer customization’s in the industry report as per the company’s specific needs.
Key Questions Answered in the Global Polyester Filament Industry Report
- What is the overall market size in 2019? What will be the market growth during the forecast period i.e. 2020-2025?
- Which region would have high demand for product in the upcoming years?
- What are the factors driving the growth of the market?
- Which sub-market will make the most significant contribution to the market?
- What are the market opportunities for existing and entry-level players?
- What are various long-term and short-term strategies adopted by the market players?
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.