Organic Baby Food Market: Global Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Forecast 2022-2032
Food & BeveragesRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Ongoing
- Published on: May 2022
- Report ID: KDMI-7070
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Organic Baby Food MarketRequest PDF Sample
Organic Baby Food Market: Overview and Definition
The global organic baby food market was valued at USD 7.1 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach at 19.5 billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 11.8% between the forecast period from 2022 to 2032.
Organic foods are manufactured without the use of any synthetic, fertilizers or pesticides. Consumers are shifting to easy and convenient way to get their nutrition, and they are trying the same to provide their children. Organic Baby Food has been an easy option for mothers who are out for jobs and lead a busy life and still wish to give them a healthy diet.
There is no use of chemical and preservatives as well in the manufacturing of organic baby food. As a result, organic baby food does not pose any harmful effects on infants and offers various health benefits. The main products mainly used in the making of organic baby food are organic non-fat milk, soy, organic whey protein powder, organic lactose, and organic vegetables or fruit puree.
The organic baby food market is a segment of the larger baby food market that offers organic and natural products specifically targeted towards infants and young children. The market has experienced significant growth in recent years, driven by increasing consumer awareness and concern over the quality and safety of conventional baby foods. Key players in the market include major food companies such as Nestle, Danone, and Hain Celestial, as well as smaller organic food producers. The market is expected to continue to grow, driven by increasing demand for natural and organic products, as well as rising consumer interest in sustainable and eco-friendly food options.
Organic Baby Food Market: Key Drivers
There are several drivers contributing to the growth of the organic baby food market, including:
- Increasing consumer awareness and concern about the quality and safety of conventional baby food products.
- Growing demand for natural and organic products due to their perceived health benefits and reduced exposure to harmful chemicals.
- Rising disposable income and changing lifestyles, resulting in increased spending on premium and high-quality baby food products.
- Expansion of distribution channels, including online sales and availability in grocery stores, making organic baby food more accessible to consumers.
- Government initiatives and regulations promoting organic farming and production practices, leading to an increase in organic food options in the market.
- Increasing interest in sustainable and eco-friendly products, including organic baby food, among environmentally conscious consumers.
The growing awareness drives the organic baby food market among consumers to limit the baby’s exposure to the harmful chemicals used in regular food production and the awareness of the various health benefits of organic products. Moreover, the rise in the population of working women worldwide has played a huge role in the increased size of the prepared organic baby food sector, making it one of the fastest growing segments. The trend towards clean label products and cleaner diets is going to fuel the market. The market is also driven by the consumers across the world demanding healthier and fresher options for themselves, and they are also looking forward to providing their children with the same.
Online retail segment holds huge potential for the growth of the market. Many factors such as rising usage of internet services and advancements in services such as 4G and 5G along with the rising production of good and cheap mobile in developing countries of Asia-Pacific region (mainly India and China ) are driving the online market sales of organic baby products. Mass number of the population worldwide are opting for online purchase of the organic baby products due to it’s ease and hassle less nature of online services. Moreover, the rising adoption of innovative strategies by the e-commerce companies such as channel expansion is anticipated to fuel the growth of organic baby food market.
Organic Baby Food Market: Challenges
There are several challenges that the organic baby food market faces, including:
- Higher cost compared to conventional baby food products, which can limit the accessibility and affordability of organic baby food for some consumers.
- Limited availability in certain regions or countries due to a lack of organic farming and production infrastructure.
- Difficulty in ensuring consistent supply and quality of organic ingredients, particularly for small-scale producers.
- Competing claims and labels for natural, organic, and non-GMO baby food, making it difficult for consumers to distinguish between them and potentially leading to confusion in the market.
- Changing regulations and standards for organic labeling and certification, which can create challenges for producers and impact consumer trust in organic products.
- Increasing competition from conventional baby food producers who are expanding their organic and natural product offerings.
Organic Baby Food Market : Report Scope
Base Year Market Size
Forecast Year Market Size
Organic Baby Food Market: Segmentation
By Product Type
- Prepared baby food
- Milk formula
- Dried baby food
- Grains & cereals
By Distribution Channel
- Store Based
- Non-store Based
- North America
- The U.K.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Middle East
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Organic Baby Food Market: Regional Synopsis
The organic baby food market in this region is currently driven by various factors such as increasing awareness among parents regarding their children’s nutrition, paired with various types of health benefits associated with organic food products, playing the major role in expanding this market in this region. Moreover, manufacturers in the industry are offering a wide range of products in the market in different flavours such as mango, strawberry, and chocolate, as well as different type-based products such as cereal, vegetable, and milk based to make their product more appealing for the children which is eventually going to increase the market growth in the region. Apart from that, the daily rising health issues in infants due to commercial food products have spurred organic baby products' demand.
Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market for organic baby food due to its large population and high birth rates, mainly in the Asian countries like India and China. According to World Health Organization (WHO), Asia Pacific had an infant population of 311 million in 2016, which is a bonus point for all the manufacturers to expand their business in Asia Pacific region due to favorable conditions it offers for growth of organic baby food market.
Consumers living in the countries such as the U.A.E., Qatar, and Saudi Arabia exhibit a dominant purchasing power due to which they can afford premium quality products such as organic baby food. Moreover, the demand for the same is also rising because of increasing awareness of the need for good health. Further, the citizens of these countries know the repercussions of inadequate infant nutrition as well.
In Latin America, the demand for organic baby food due to the transition in lifestyle of consumers, among others, appears to be beneficial for the growth of this industry. The major players are expected to retain their dominance in this region due to the popularity of their products and consumer loyalty.
Organic Baby Food Market: Recent Developments
Some recent developments in the organic baby food market include:
- Increasing popularity of organic baby food pouches, which offer convenience and portability for on-the-go parents.
- Emergence of new organic baby food brands focused on transparent and sustainable production practices, such as using regenerative agriculture and reducing food waste.
- Growing demand for allergen-free and plant-based organic baby food options.
- Increasing use of technology in the production and distribution of organic baby food, such as using blockchain to increase transparency and traceability of the supply chain.
- Introduction of organic baby food products in new markets, particularly in developing countries where demand for natural and organic products is on the rise.
- Collaboration and partnerships between organic baby food producers and retailers, leading to increased availability and visibility of organic baby food products in stores.
Organic Baby Food Market: Key Players
- Nestl S.A.
- Hero Group
- Amara Organics
- Plum organics
- The Hein celestial group
- North Castle Partners, LLC.
- HiPP GmbH & Co. Vertrieb KG
- Baby Gourmet Foods Inc.
- Abbott laboratories
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.