Migraine Drugs Market By Drug Class (Triptans, CGRP inhibitors, Ditans, Gepants, NGF inhibitors); By Route of Administration (Oral, Nasal, Injectable); By Distribution Channel (hospital pharmacies, Retail pharmacies, Online pharmacies); By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa) - Global Market Analysis, Trends, Opportunity and Forecast, 2022-2032
Migraine Drugs Market Insights
Migraine is a chronic neurological condition with symptoms that include repeated routine mild to severe headaches, which can be regularly accompanied through nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound. The genuine root reason of migraines is unknown; but it's assumed to be a combination of hereditary and environmental elements. Migraines are frequently treated with a combination of medicine and way of life changes.
Painkillers which are to be had over-the-counter consisting of ibuprofen and acetaminophen are normally the preliminary direction of remedy. If they do not offer relief, a healthcare professional may prescribe triptans, a family of medications created particularly to treat migraines. Individuals who suffer from migraines on a ordinary basis might also benefit from preventative remedy. Medication together with beta-blockers, anticonvulsants, and antidepressants is able to be used, in addition to life-style adjustments like as frequent exercise, stress control, and consuming a nutritious diet.
Migraine Drugs Market Size
The global migraine drug market is predicted to increase at a rapid pace due to factors such as increasing migraine prevalence, technological developments, and the discovery of novel and effective migraine treatment drugs. The global migraine drug market was assessed at around USD 3.4 billion in 2022 and is projected to achieve USD 14.1 billion by 2032, with a compound annual growth rate of (CAGR) of 15.3% during the forecast period (2023-2032). There is a great desire for novel and creative medications that can cure migraines efficiently and with little adverse effects. Additionally, the increasing awareness about migraines and the availability of reimbursement policies for migraine treatment are also expected to drive the market growth.
Migraine Drugs Market: Report Scope
Base Year Market Size
USD 3.4 billion
Forecast Year Market Size
USD 14.1 billion
Migraine Drugs Market Driving Factors
There are several factors driving the growth of the migraine drugs market, including:
- Increasing prevalence of migraines: The global prevalence of migraines is increasing, prompting the quest for effective treatments.
- Advancements in technology: The development of new migraine drugs, as well as the utilize of cutting-edge technologies in their development, is propelling the industry forward.
- Development of new and effective drugs: The improvement of innovative medication, along with CGRP and NGF inhibitors, is anticipated to fuel marketplace growth in the future.
- Increasing awareness about migraines: Increased migraine recognition and the availability of migraine treatment compensation programs are projected to power marketplace growth.
- Growing number of FDA and EMA approvals: The rising number of FDA and EMA approvals for novel migraine medications is therefore projected to fuel market expansion.
- Rising healthcare expenditure: Rising healthcare expenditure, as well as an increase in the number of individuals with healthcare insurance, are likely to fuel market development in the future years.
- Growth of the geriatric population: The ageing population, that's extra liable to migraines, is likely to boost market boom in the coming years.
Migraine Drugs Market Key Trend & Development:
There have been several recent developments in the migraine drugs industry, including:
- FDA and EMA Approval: Several new drugs for the treatment of migraines have been recently approved by means of the FDA and the EMA, including CGRP inhibitors such as erenumab, fremanezumab, and galcanezumab and Gepants like ubrogepant and rimegepant.
- Clinical trials: Tpresent are many drugs in various stages of clinical trials for the treatment of migraines, including NGF inhibitors and ditans, which are expected to be approved in the near future.
- Mergers and acquisitions: The migraine medications sector has seen numerous recent mergers and acquisitions, including Lundbeck's acquisition of Alder BioPharmaceuticals and the merging of Arteaus Therapeutics and Biohaven Pharmaceuticals.
- New drug development: Companies are actively developing new drugs for the treatment of migraines, including CGRP inhibitors, NGF inhibitors, and gepants, which are expected to drive market growth in the future.
- Increasing focus on pain management and neurology: There is a growing focus on pain management and neurology, which is expected to drive the demand for effective drugs for the treatment of migraines.
Migraine Drugs Market Segmentation
The global migraine drugs market can be segmented by segmented based on the following:
- By Drug Class
- The market can be segmented into Triptans
- CGRP inhibitors
- NGF inhibitors
- By Route of Administration
- The market can be segmented into oral
- By Distribution Channel
- The market can be segmented into hospital pharmacies
- Retail pharmacies
- Online pharmacies.
- By Region
- North America (U.S., and Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, NORDIC, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- Latin America (Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC North Africa, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East and Africa)
- By demographics
- The market can be segmented into adults
- Geriatric population.
Migraine Drugs Market Regional Synopsis
The global migraine drugs market is segmented by region into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa.
North America: North America held the largest share of around 40.0% of the industry in 2022 due to the high prevalence of migraines in the region and the availability of advanced healthcare infrastructure. By 2032, the market is predicted to be worth $7.1 billion, growing at a CAGR of 18.2% (2023-2032).
Europe: Europe is expected to hold the second-largest share of the global migraine drugs market. By 2032, the market is predicted to be worth $3.3 billion, growing at a CAGR of 15.5% (2023-2032) against an earlier estimation of worth $810 million in 2022.Germany, France, and the UK are expected to hold the largest share of the European market.
Asia Pacific: The Asia Pacific region is expected to witness the highest growth rate. The market is predicted to succeed in $3.9 billion by 2032 against an earlier estimation of worth $674.4 million in 2022. growing at a CAGR of 19.5% (2023-2032) Japan, China, and India are expected to hold the largest share of the Asia Pacific market.
Latin America: The Latin American migraine drugs market is expected to grow at a moderate rate. Mexico and Brazil are expected to hold the largest share of the Latin American market. With a CAGR of 11.2% (2023-2032), the market is predicted to succeed in $962 million by 2032 against an earlier estimation of worth $310.0 million in 2022
Middle East and Africa: The Middle East and Africa migraine drugs market is expected to grow at a moderate rate. By 2032, the market is predicted to be worth $875.1 million, growing at a CAGR of 12.1% (2023-2032) against an earlier estimation of worth $280.0 million in 2022.Africa and Saudi Arabia are expected to hold the largest share of the Middle East and Africa market.
Migraine Drugs Market Challenges
There are several challenges facing the migraine drugs market, including:
- Limited efficacy of existing drugs: The restricted efficacy of present migraine medication offers a vast marketplace challenge because it leaves a large portion of migraine sufferers with ineffective treatment alternatives, leading to unmet medical needs.
- Side effects of drugs: Some migraine treatments have great Side effects that restricts their use and subsequently dissuade patients from the usage of them.
- High cost of drugs: The excessive cost of medication for the remedy of migraines is a major project for the marketplace, as it may restrict to get access to these drugs for plenty patients.
- Lack of understanding of the underlying causes of migraines: The etiology of migraine is poorly understood, making it tough to broaden effective new medication to treat migraine
- Limited reimbursement options: Some countries do not have limited reimbursement mechanisms for migraine treatment, which can make it difficult for patients to access and purchase these medications
- Stringent regulations: Stringent regulations for the approval of new drugs, and high cost of clinical trials can therefore pose a challenge to the market.
- Patent expiration: The expiration of patents on some key drugs can cause fierce price competition and restrict the revenues of companies.
- Lack of awareness: Lack of awareness about new and effective treatments for localized glaucoma is in addition, additionally a challenge for the market.
Migraine Drugs Market Key Players
There are several key players in the global migraine drugs market, including:
- Amgen Inc.
- Novartis AG
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Alder BioPharmaceuticals
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical Holding Company Ltd.
- Allergan plc