Live Streaming Market - Global Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Forecast Year ( 2023 – 2032 )
Live Streaming Market Overview
Live streaming refers to a process of transferring audio or video content to the public over the internet in real time. It has been seen that the public is showing more interest in live streaming due to a sudden need for high-speed internet and an increase in the use of mobile phones. Live streaming is used for various purposes, such as entertainment, sports, news, education, and corporate communications. It is expected that the market will continue to grow due to the increasing demand for real-time content and the growing interest of users worldwide. As live streaming becomes more popular, more people are demanding it as a way to connect with their favorite content.
Live Streaming Market
The market size for the live-streaming market was USD 1219.2 million in the year 2022. It is expected, that the market size for live streaming will increase approximately to USD 9982.2 million by 2032 as the market for live streaming is continuously growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 23.4% during the forecast period 2023-2032. The increasing demand for high-speed internet and the growing interest of users is driving the live streaming market.
There are numerous key players in the live-streaming market, such as YouTube, Facebook, and Twitch. There are free live-streaming services, which are provided by these platforms to several users worldwide. Moreover, some platforms are specialized for providing live streaming services, such as Periscope and Live.ly.
These live-streaming facilities have given, rise to new business models, such as pay-per-view events and subscriptions. Numerous content creators and organizations are using the live streaming facility to gain profit and reach a large group of people to convert their online presence into monetary funds.
The rising popularity of live streaming technology for better brand engagement and reach to consumers, the surging popularity of e-sports and video games, growing preference for live streaming over social posts, and increasing adoption of smartphones coupled with faster internet are expected to drive the growth of the live streaming market.
Additionally, the growing need to optimize network bandwidth and increase the consumer base for live streaming content further contributes to market growth. Furthermore, the incorporation of advanced technologies in the digital media industry is the new trend in the live streaming market. Apart from this, live streaming is convenient because it allows viewers to watch content whenever they want. They don't have to wait for it to be aired on TV or released online. They can tune in any time they want, and they can watch it on their own schedule at lower cost.
Live Streaming Market Key Drivers
There are various factors, which help in the growth of the live streaming market. They are as follows:
- Increasing adoption of high-speed internet: The use of high-speed internet worldwide and its growing demand with its availability have made it possible for people to stream high-quality content on the internet. This is driving the market for live streaming.
- Growing number of Internet users: The growing number of Internet users, which is increasing the demand for high-speed internet has led to an increase in the demand for live-streaming content worldwide.
- Rising demand for real-time content: People nowadays demand all the up-to-date content as they want to stay updated. Real-time content enables them to be up-to-date with news and upcoming events. For real-time content, people prefer live streaming to be a reliable source.
- New business models: Live streaming content has given rise to new business models, which are driving the market. These new business models include pay-per-view and subscriptions.
- Increasing adoption of mobile devices: Smartphones nowadays are easy to use and enable the user to access live streaming easily. This increase in the adoption of mobile phones is increasing the demand for live streaming market.
- Improved streaming technology: As the technology is becoming advanced there is new and improved quality streaming is available. These technological advancements are attracting new users to make use of live-streaming services.
Live Streaming Market Challenges
There are many challenges which are faced by live streaming market. They are listed below:
- Competition: The market for live streaming is very competitive. It is very difficult for newcomers to gain a foothold in this market due to the competition.
- Technical issues: There are several technical issues in live streaming, such as buffering and latency. It makes a user frustrated, which may act as a barrier to the live-streaming market.
- Monetization: Sometimes, the subscription-based models are not successful and the revenues from advertising are also not satisfactory. Therefore, the organization struggles to monetize its live streams to increase its revenues.
- Copyright issues: Sometimes, there are copyright issues that create legal challenges. This is because live streaming is often involved in the reproduction and distribution of copyright content.
- Data privacy: Live streaming uses the process of collection and use of personal data. This may raise concerns from users about data privacy.
- Internet censorship: In some countries, there are restrictions regarding live streaming due to internet censorship. This harms the live-streaming market.
Live Streaming Market Regional Synopsis
- North America: Popular players, such as YouTube, Facebook, and Twitch, are headquartered in North America. This has a strong presence of live streaming in the region. The United States is a significant market in this region for live streaming. The market is driven by, technological advancements and the high adoption of the internet in the region.
- Europe: The European region also has various platforms and content creators based in the region. There is a high demand for real-time content in the region. The market is driven by, technological advancements and the high adoption of the internet in this region.
- Asia-Pacific: India, China, and Indonesia are the significant market in this region. This market is also driven by, technological advancements and the high adoption of the Internet. It is expected that the Asia-Pacific market will grow significantly during the forecast period. The Asia-Pacific region is estimated to have the largest share.
- Latin America: There is an increasing demand for real-time content in this region. There are various major platforms, which are based in this region. Live streaming is gaining popularity. The market demand is also rising due to the new technologies and high adoption of the internet.
- Africa: As several platforms and content creators are entering the live-streaming market, there is a rise in demand for live streaming in this region. The countries like Nigeria, South Africa, and Kenya are the major market of this region. There is an increase in market demand due to the new technologies and high adoption of the internet.
Live Streaming Market Report Scope
USD 1219.2 Million
USD 9982.2 Million
23.4% from 2023 to 2032
Live Streaming Market Segmentation
The DMMs market is segmented into various categories which are listed below:
- By Content Type
- Corporate Communications.
- By Platform
- By Business Model
- Advertising-supported platforms
- Pay-per-view platforms
- Subscription based platforms.
- By Geography
- North America (U.S., and Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, NORDIC, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- Latin America (Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC North Africa, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East and Africa)
- By Device
- Desktop Computers
- Smart TVs.
Live Streaming Market Key Players
- IBM Corporation
- Microsoft Corporation