Industrial Control Systems Security Market : Global Share, Size, Growth, Trends & Outlook ( 2023 – 2032 )
Industrial Control system security is the prevention of intentional or unintentional infiltration with the normal and efficient operation of industrial automation and control systems. The industrial control systems are systems that manage essential services including electricity, petroleum production, water, transportation, manufacturing, and communications by operation of machinery and associated devices. They depend on computers, networks such as Internet, operating systems, applications, and programmable controllers, each of which are prone and vulnerable to high security threats. Any significant downtime or sabotaging of an ICS network may lead to heavy disruptions, many impacted users, cause heavy losses to organizations and sometimes also national disasters.
It is achieved by securing information by preventing, detecting, and responding to different types of attacks such as malware attacks, ransom-ware attacks, DDOS attacks, and network intrusion attacks and focusing on keeping processes and machineries running smoothly.
The global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security market is anticipated to grow at a robust CAGR in the years to come.
The growth of this market is attributed towards major pertaining factors including; the global increase in industrial automation and virtualization, the increasing number of sophisticated security breaches and cyber-attacks on ICS systems in different industrial sectors worldwide, the growing need for compliance with regulatory and data protection laws pertaining to current and upcoming industry security regulations, the growing number of huge investments by countries towards smart technologies on the global scale, the increasing number of smart grid deployments and cloud computing for critical infrastructure protection, the massive increase in spending by the industries for industrial control systems, the increased investment in R&D and the rapidly growing transition to Industry 4.0 etc.
Additionally, the increasing adoption of IoT and automation technologies in industries along with the increased demand for process automation and remote control has made worldwide existing infrastructures highly vulnerable to cyber-threats and crimes, which leads to compromising the safety of critical information in the systems. This is driving tremendous demand and eventually contributing the overall growth of the global ICS Security market.
Moreover, cyber-attacks such as Dugu and Flame have been persistently increasing globally for last few years, and have caused severe damages to essential infrastructures, hampered pipelines, energy efficiencies, power grids and many other such inflictions. The infrastructures of today are becoming more and more prone to high risks due to increased usage of data communication systems, complicated IT systems, and control and command systems, which in turn is calling for the demand of ICS Security solutions rapidly.
Furthermore, the increasing adoption of Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) trend among companies to reduce operational costs, the increasing adoption of Industrial Control System Security in transportation sector for various applications such as aviation, maritime, the stringent government regulations related to critical infrastructure protection and the deployment of cloud, smart phones, and tablets in supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and ICS are factors that are further propelling the growth of this market.
However, factors such as the high procurement costs of ICS security solutions, the lack of awareness of industrial control frameworks, major complexities in establishment of such security systems, the lack of expertise and ICS understanding by operators and the presence of legacy control systems which are more prone to cyber threats extensively contribute towards the hindering of the growth of this market.
INDUSTRIAL CONTROL SYSTEMS (ICS) SECURITY MARKET SEGMENTATION:
- Antimalware/ Antivirus
- DDoS Mitigation
- Unified Threat Management
- Identity and Access Management
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems
- Security and Vulnerability Management
- Security Information and Event Management
- Deception Technology Platforms
- Web filtering
- Consultation and Integration
- Support and Maintenance
- Training and Development
- Incident Response Services
- Managed Security Services
By Security Type:
- Network Security
- Endpoint Security
- Application Security
- Database Security
By System Type:
- Power and Energy
- Critical Manufacturing
- Water Utility
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
The North American region is expected to account for the largest market share in the ICS Security market and is expected to grow substantially in the next few years owing to factors such as the presence of majority of key players in the ICS security market in the region which offer ICS security solutions and services, the existence of well-developed economies in the region which invest significantly in Research and Development (R&D) activities contributing to the development of new technologies in the ICS security market, the reputation of the region as being the fastest and the largest adopter of new and advanced connected technologies, the rapidly growing manufacturing sector with the pressure on manufacturers to meet deadlines resulting in the increased adoption of automation in factories, the massive increase in cyber-criminal activities in countries like Canada and the U.S , the heavy reliance on Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and the increased funding to enhance cybersecurity training, malware analysis, safety systems vulnerability analysis, and assessments of ICS in the emerging sectors and subsectors of the region. The major contributors in the region include The U.S and Canada.
The Asia Pacific region is anticipated to be the fastest growing regional market for ICS security and is projected to show tremendous growth in the forthcoming years. The growth in the region could be attributed to the increased adoption of ICS security systems, the rising number of cybercrimes in the region, the increasing investments by various companies to improve cybersecurity offerings in the region, the advancement in the manufacturing sector in developing countries, such as India and China, the growing number of supportive government initiatives for development of smart factory projects in the region, the robustly increasing R&D activities in the region in the related sectors, the rising application of Machine Learning (ML), the Internet of Things (IoT), big data analytics, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the region etc. The major contributors in the region are India and China along with Australia, South Korea, and Japan also contributing significantly in the market.
FEW KEY PLAYERS IN INDUSTRIAL CONTROL SYSTEMS (ICS) SECURITY MARKET:
- Lockheed Martin
- Palo Alto
- Bayshore Networks
- Dragos Security
- Nozomi Networks
- Siemens AG
- Schneider Electric
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Fortinet Inc.
- Raytheon Company
- IBM Corporation
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Broadcom Inc. (Symantec Corporation)
- Rockwell Automation Inc.
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
- Belden Inc.
- BAE Systems
- Other Players
- In August 2020, Dispel announced their collaboration in the National Institute of Standards and Technology's (NIST) National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE) Protecting Information and System Integrity in Industrial Control System Environments The goal of the project is to demonstrate an example solution that protects the integrity of data from destructive malware, insider threats, and unauthorized software within manufacturing environments which depend on ICS.
- In December 2020, Dragos, Inc., the global leader in cybersecurity for industrial controls systems (ICS)/operational technology (OT) environments, announced that it secured $110 million in Series C funding from investors representing some of the world’s largest corporations. As per reports, the new funding will be used to support an expanding set of global customers across a diversity of industries and to accelerate the next stage of the company’s worldwide operations to address the burgeoning market for ICS/OT cybersecurity solutions.
Timeline Considered for Analysis:
- 2022: Base Year
- 2023: Estimated Year
- 2023 to 2032: Forecasted Year
Research Scope and Deliverables
Overview & Executive Summary
Market Drivers, Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
Market Size and Forecast Projections
Macroeconomic Indicators of Various Countries Impacting the Growth of the Market
Extensive Coverage of Industry Players including Recent Product Launches and Market Activities
Porter’s Five Force Analysis
Market Segmentation Analysis:
Industry report analyzes the global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) security market by the following segments:
- Security Type
- System Type
Customization: We also offers customization’s in the industry report as per the company’s specific needs.
Key Questions Answered in the Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) security Industry Report
- What is the overall market size in 2022? What will be the market growth during the forecast period i.e. 2023-2032?
- Which region would have high demand for product in the upcoming years?
- What are the factors driving the growth of the market?
- Which sub-market will make the most significant contribution to the market?
- What are the market opportunities for existing and entry-level players?
- What are various long-term and short-term strategies adopted by the market players?