Hearing Implants Market: Global Share, Size, Growth, Trends & Outlook ( 2022 – 2032 )
Life ScienceRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Published
- Published on: March 2023
- Report ID: KDMI-7138
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Hearing Implants MarketRequest PDF Sample
Hearing Implants Market Insights
The global Hearing Implants Market size was valued at around $1.3 billion in 2021 and is projected to grow at a compound annual rate of growth (CAGR) of around 9.8% from 2022 to 2032.The market size is projected to succeed in $12.8 billion by 2032.
People with hearing loss can hear more clearly thanks to hearing implants. Among the various types of hearing implants are cochlear implants, middle ear implants, and auditory brainstem implants. Cochlear implants, the most popular type of hearing implant, are used to assist those with severe to profound hearing loss. When a person has nerve deafness, auditory brainstem implants are used to help; when they have mild to moderate hearing loss, middle ear implants are used.
These devices are typically surgically implanted into the ear, directly stimulating the auditory nerve while protecting the inner ear structures. The global market for hearing implants is rapidly growing as a result of the aging population, rising rates of hearing loss, and technological advancements.
Cochlear implants accounted for more than 70% of all sales in 2020, dominating the market. However, bone-anchored hearing aids and auditory brainstem implants are also anticipated to grow significantly as a result of greater public awareness and technological advancements. On the market for hearing implants, some of the major players include Cochlear Limited, Med-El, Sonova, and Widex. These companies offer a variety of hearing implants, including Cochlear implants, middle ear implants, bone-anchored hearing aids (BAHAs), and auditory brainstem implants (ABIs).
Hearing Implants Market Key Drivers
Several factors are driving the growth of the global hearing implants market:
- Aging population: With the aging of the world's population, hearing loss is becoming more common. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 466 million people worldwide suffer from disabling hearing loss, and as the population ages, this number is anticipated to grow.
- Favorable reimbursement policies: Thanks to favorable reimbursement policies, which are boosting the market, particularly in developed countries, hearing implants are now more accessible and affordable for patients in many countries.
- Government initiatives: Efforts are being made by governments all over the world to raise public awareness of hearing loss and the advantages of hearing implants resulting in market expansion.
- Increasing adoption of hearing implants: As the technology for hearing implants has advanced, an increasing number of people are choosing to use them to enhance their hearing. There will likely be a rise in the demand for hearing aids as a result.
- Increasing prevalence of hearing loss: People of all ages are affected by hearing loss, a problem that is predicted to worsen in the years to come as a result of factors like an aging population and increased exposure to loud noises. There will likely be a rise in the demand for hearing aids as a result.
- Rising awareness and acceptance: As a successful option for treating hearing loss, hearing implants are gaining more and more acceptance. As more patients and medical professionals learn about the benefits of hearing implants, there is an increasing demand for them.
- Rising healthcare expenditure: As healthcare costs increase globally, more people will be able to afford hearing implants, which will likely lead to an increase in demand for these devices.
- Strategic partnerships and collaborations: Major players in the hearing implant market are increasingly forming strategic partnerships and collaborations to create and market new products, increase their global footprint, and capitalize on one another's advantages. These partnerships have sped up innovation and increased market penetration.
- Technological advancements: The market for hearing implants have benefited from ongoing technological developments that have improved implants' performance, usability, and accessibility to a wider range of patients. These developments include enhanced speech processing algorithms, wireless connectivity, and device miniaturization.
Hearing Implants Market Key Developments and Research
The hearing implant market is characterized by several important advancements and ongoing research. A constant stream of technological developments, such as device miniaturization, wireless connectivity, and enhanced speech processing algorithms, are influencing the hearing implant market. These developments have made hearing aids easier to use, more efficient, and more available to a wider range of patients. Research is still being done to determine the effectiveness and safety of hearing implants, especially for children. Recent studies have demonstrated that cochlear implants improve speech and language development in young children and are both safe and effective.
Research and development are still being done on hybrid implants, which combine the benefits of hearing aids and cochlear implants. The enhanced speech perception and sound quality provided by these devices will be beneficial to patients with residual low-frequency hearing. Patient outcomes and quality of life are becoming more crucial as the use of hearing implants rises. This includes research on the impact of hearing implants on patient satisfaction, long-term results, and social and emotional well-being.
Hearing Implants Market Segmentation
The global market for hearing implants can be segmented in many ways such as:
- By type of implant: Cochlear implants, Bone-anchored hearing aids (BAHAs), Middle ear implants, Auditory brainstem implants (ABIs)
- By end-user: Adults, Pediatrics
- By geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa
Hearing Implants Market Regional Synopsis
The global market for hearing implants is divided into separate segments by the North American, European, Asia-Pacific, Latin American, and Middle East and African regions.
The largest market for hearing implants is in North America because there are many significant market players there and hearing loss is very common among the elderly population. From a worth of $1.76 billion in 2020, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 10.5% to reach $2.90 billion in 2025. Europe is the second-largest market for hearing implants because of its significant aging population and high rate of uptake of innovative medical technologies. In 2020, the market had a value of $1.27 billion, and it is anticipated that during the forecast period (2021-2025), it will grow at a CAGR of 9.8% to reach $2.03 billion.
The Asia-Pacific market, which was valued at $856 million in 2020, is anticipated to grow as a result of the aging population, rising awareness and acceptance of hearing implants, and government initiatives to improve healthcare infrastructure. An aging population and improved access to healthcare are expected to help the Latin American hearing implant market, which was valued at $219 million in 2020, to grow at a CAGR of 11.2% (2021-2025) to reach $372.36 million in 2025. Although the Middle East and Africa region has a small market for hearing implants, it is anticipated to experience significant growth due to the rising prevalence of hearing loss and expanding healthcare infrastructure. The market had a value of $130 million in 2020, and it is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 9.6% during the forecast period (2021-2025) to reach $205.6 million in 2025.
Hearing Implants market share and manufacturer in Japan
The Japanese hearing implant market had a value of $210 million in 2020, and its CAGR was predicted to be 9.6% for the period of 2021-2025 to reach $332.1 million in 2020. The primary factors driving the market for hearing implants in Japan are a sizable elderly population with a high prevalence of hearing loss, a high level of awareness and acceptance of hearing aids and implants, and government initiatives to upgrade the country's healthcare system. The top three companies on the market are Cochlear Limited, MED-EL, and Advanced Bionics AG. The market is expected to grow further as a result of ongoing developments in hearing implant technology, a rise in patient demand for better sound quality and functionality, and government initiatives to improve healthcare accessibility and quality.
Hearing Implant Market Challenges
There are several challenges facing the hearing implant market.
- Costly: Hearing implants are costly, and for some patients, this may be a major barrier to their adoption. This limits the potential market size and lowers the technology's accessibility.
- Gaps in acceptance and knowledge: Even though hearing implants have many benefits, many patients don't know what they are or don't understand how they work. A smaller market and lower adoption rates could result from this.
- Limited access to healthcare: Patients may not be eligible for hearing implants if they are unable to access healthcare services in some areas. This is particularly true in developing countries where the healthcare infrastructure is less advanced than in more developed nations.
- Regulation issues: Because regulations can differ greatly from region to region, it can be challenging for manufacturers to develop and market their products. Delays in the launch of new products could result from this, preventing the expansion of the market.
- Reimbursement problems: People who are interested in using hearing implants may or may not have trouble because these devices are not always covered by insurance.
- Technology's shortcomings: Although hearing implants are constantly improving, some technical problems still need to be resolved. Some patients, for instance, might experience problems with the battery life or sound quality, which could reduce the effectiveness of the implants.
Hearing Implant Market Key Players
Some of the global key players in the hearing implant market include:
- Advanced Bionics AG: Swiss company Advanced Bionics AG manufactures hearing aids and cochlear implants. The company has a strong international presence and is well-known for its cutting-edge technology.
- Cochlear Limited: The Australian-based Cochlear Limited is a top producer of cochlear implants and other hearing aids. The company offers a variety of hearing implants, including middle ear implants, auditory brainstem implants, and cochlear implants.
- MED-EL: An Austria company, MED-EL is a leading manufacturer of medical equipment worldwide and specializes in bone-anchored hearing aids (BAHAs), middle ear implants, and cochlear implants.
- Sonova Holding AG: Cochlear implants, hearing aids, and wireless communication systems are just some of the hearing solutions produced by the Swiss company Sonova Holding AG.
- Widex: Headquartered in Denmark, Widex is a leading manufacturer of hearing aids. Cochlear implants and middle ear implants are two types of hearing implants offered by the company.
- William Demant Holding A/S: William Demant Holding A/S is a global manufacturer of cochlear implants, hearing aids, and other hearing solutions headquartered in Denmark. Oticon, Bernafon, and Sonic Innovations are some of the company's well-known brands.
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.