Fixed & Mobile C-arms Market : Global Share, Size, Growth, Trends & Outlook ( 2023 – 2032 )
Fixed & Mobile C-arms Insights:
Fixed and mobile C-arms are both medical imaging devices commonly utilized in surgical procedures. C-arms are named for their C-shaped arm, which houses an X-ray source and detector. The C-arm is often moved around the patient to capture images from different angles.
Fixed C-arms are typically found in larger medical facilities and are permanently installed in an OR. They're more powerful and have a wider range of imaging capabilities compared to mobile C-arms. Fixed C-arms are ideal for more complex procedures that need high-quality images and precise measurements.
Mobile C-arms, on the opposite hand, are smaller and may be easily moved around the hospital or clinic. They're cheaper and supply real-time imaging during procedures. Mobile C-arms are often utilized in orthopedic surgeries, like fracture reductions and joint replacements.
Fixed & Mobile C-arms Market
The global marketplace for fixed and mobile C-arms is predicted to grow at a gentle pace over the approaching years, driven by increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries, technological advancements in imaging modalities, and an increase in the number of surgical procedures performed worldwide. The worldwide C-arm market was valued at $2.6 billion in 2022 and is projected to succeed at $4.8 billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period (2023-2032).
The fixed C-arm segment is predicted to dominate the market thanks to its higher image quality, larger image intensifiers, and better performance in complex surgeries. The market size for fixed C-arms was estimated to be around $1.4 billion in 2022. The mobile C-arm segment is additionally expected to grow at a faster rate thanks to its lower cost, greater mobility, and simple use. The market size for mobile C-arms was estimated to be around $1.2 billion in 2022.
North America is predicted to carry the most important share of the market thanks to the presence of an outsized number of key players within the region and the increasing adoption of advanced medical devices. The Asia Pacific region is predicted to grow at the very best CAGR during the forecast period thanks to the increasing adoption of advanced medical devices in developing countries like China and India.
The key players within the C-arm market include Siemens Healthineers, GE Healthcare, Philips Healthcare, Ziehm Imaging, Shimadzu Corporation, and Orthoscan, Inc. Siemens Healthineers held the most important share of the market in 2022, followed by GE Healthcare and Philips Healthcare.
Fixed & Mobile C-arms Market Key Drivers:
The fixed and mobile C-arm market is driven by several key factors that are contributing to the growth of the market. Some of the key drivers include:
- Aging population: The aging population is driving the expansion of the market as they require more medical procedures, and C-arms are utilized in many procedures that are commonly performed on older adults.
- Government initiatives and funding: Government initiatives and funding for the healthcare sector are increasing, which is driving the expansion of the market because it is resulting in the supply of more funds for the acquisition of advanced medical devices like C-arms.
- Growing demand for mobile C-arms: Mobile C-arms are getting increasingly popular thanks to their lower cost, greater mobility, and simple use.
- Increasing adoption of C-arms in emergency departments and ambulatory surgical centers: C-arms are increasingly getting used in emergency departments and ambulatory surgical centers thanks to their ability to supply real-time images during procedures, which is driving market growth.
- Increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries: C-arms are widely utilized in minimally invasive procedures like orthopedic, cardiovascular, and neuro surgeries, which are getting increasingly popular thanks to their benefits like reduced recovery time and lower risk of complications.
- Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases: Chronic diseases like cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and orthopedic conditions require surgical interventions, driving the expansion of the C-arm market.
- Rise in the number of surgical procedures: The worldwide population is aging, and as a result, there's an increasing demand for surgical procedures which has led to an increase in the number of surgeries performed worldwide, driving the expansion of the C-arm market.
- Technological advancements in imaging modalities: Advancements in imaging technology are driving the expansion of the C-arm market. As an example, the event of flat-panel detectors has improved image quality and reduced radiation exposure, making C-arms safer and simpler.
Fixed & Mobile C-arms Market Key Trend and Development:
The fixed and mobile C-arm market is undergoing several key trends and developments that are shaping the future of the market. Some of the key trends and developments include:
- Adoption of 3D C-arms: 3D C-arms are getting increasingly popular thanks to their ability to supply high-quality 3D images during surgeries particularly useful in complex procedures, like spinal surgeries.
- Development of Mini C-arms: Mini C-arms are getting increasingly popular thanks to their compact size and lower cost which are ideal for orthopedic procedures, like hand and foot surgeries, and may be utilized in outpatient settings.
- Increasing specialization in Radiation Safety: Manufacturers are developing C-arms with lower radiation exposure and implementing safety protocols to scale back the danger of radiation exposure for patients and healthcare workers.
- Integration of Artificial Inteligence (AI) in C-arms: AI is being integrated into C-arm technology to enhance image quality and enable real-time analysis of images that permits surgeons to form more informed decisions during surgeries and may cause better outcomes for patients.
- Shift towards Hybrid Operating Rooms: Hybrid operating rooms are getting more common as they permit a mixture of surgical procedures and imaging technologies in one setting.
Fixed & Mobile C-arms Market Segmentation:
The fixed & mobile C-arm market can be segmented based on several factors which include:
- Application: Orthopedic & Trauma Surgeries, Cardiovascular Surgeries, Neuro Surgeries, Gastrointestinal Surgeries
- End-user: Hospitals, Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Product Type: Fixed C-arms, Mobile C-arms
- Region: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Rest of the World (RoW)
Fixed & Mobile C-arms Market Regional Synopsis:
North America is the largest market for fixed and mobile C-arms, accounting for a 37% share of the global market in 2022 driven by factors such as increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries, technological advancements in imaging modalities, and the rise in the number of surgical procedures performed. The market size for North America was estimated at $1.6 billion in 2022, with a CAGR of 4.5% (2023-2032), and is expected to be worth $2.5 billion in 2032.
Europe is the second-largest market for fixed and mobile C-arms with a global share of 27% in 2022, driven by factors such as the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, the rising geriatric population, and the adoption of advanced imaging technologies. The market size for Europe was estimated at $1.2 billion in 2022, with a CAGR of 3.6% (2023-2032), and is expected to be worth $1.7 billion in 2032.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to witness significant growth in the fixed and mobile C-arm market with a global share of 32% in 2022 due to factors such as rising healthcare expenditure, increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, and technological advancements in imaging modalities. The market size for Asia Pacific was estimated at $1.4 billion in 2022, with a CAGR of 6.1% (2023-2032), and is expected to be worth $2.5 billion in 2032.
The Rest of the World market for fixed and mobile C-arms is expected to grow steadily with a global share of 4% in 2022 due to factors such as increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries and rising healthcare expenditure. The market size for the Rest of the World was estimated at $208.0 million in 2022, with a CAGR of 3.8% (2023-2032), and is expected to be worth $302.1 million in 2032.
Japan Fixed & Mobile C-arms Market Regional Synopsis
Japan is one of the major markets for fixed and mobile C-arms in the Asia-Pacific region with a global market share of 6.0% in 2022. The country has a well-established healthcare system and is home to some of the leading medical device manufacturers in the world. The market size for Japan was estimated at $259.7 million in 2022, with a CAGR of 3.9% (2023-2032), and is expected to be worth $381.0 million in 2032 driven by the increasing adoption of minimally invasive surgeries, the growing geriatric population, and rising healthcare expenditure.
The Japanese government has been promoting the use of advanced medical technologies, including fixed and mobile C-arms, by providing financial support and incentives to healthcare providers. Furthermore, the growing demand for outpatient surgeries and the increasing number of diagnostic and interventional procedures have also contributed to the market growth.
Fixed & Mobile C-arms Market Key challenges:
Despite the growth opportunities, the fixed and mobile C-arms market also faces several key challenges, including:
- High cost: The high cost of C-arm devices can limit their adoption, and healthcare providers with limited budgets may choose cheaper alternative imaging technologies.
- Lack of skilled personnel: The operation and maintenance of fixed and mobile C-arms require specialized skills and training, which may be a challenge in certain regions.
- Limited reimbursement: Reimbursement for some procedures that use C-arms is restricted in some countries, which may be a challenge for market growth because it may limit the number of procedures that are performed.
- Maintenance costs: C-arms are complex equipment and need regular maintenance, which may be costly and time-consuming.
- Quality concerns: Quality concerns regarding the C-arm device and its components are often a challenge to plug growth as their failure or malfunction may cause serious consequences.
- Radiation exposure: Fixed and mobile C-arms use X-rays to supply real-time images, which may expose patients and healthcare workers to radiation. This exposure can increase the danger of cancer and other health issues, and healthcare providers got to take adequate precautions to attenuate the radiation dose.
- Stringent regulatory requirements: The medical device industry is heavily regulated, and C-arm manufacturers must suit various regulations to sell their products which may increase the value of the devices and delay their introduction to the market.
- Technological obsolescence: The fixed and mobile C-arms market is very competitive, with new technologies and products being introduced regularly which may cause rapid technological obsolescence, making existing devices obsolete and requiring healthcare providers to take a position in new equipment to remain competitive.
Fixed & Mobile C-arms Market Key Market Players:
The fixed and mobile C-arms market is highly competitive and fragmented, with several players operating in the market. Some of the key market players include:
- Allengers Medical Systems Limited
- Canon Medical Systems Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- Genoray Co. Ltd.
- Hologic Inc.
- OrthoScan Inc.
- Philips Healthcare
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Siemens Healthineers
- Ziehm Imaging GmbH
These businesses sell a good range of fixed and mobile C-arm products, including software solutions, advanced imaging systems, and accessories. additionally, they are making investments in R&D activities to raise the quality and efficacy of their products and meet the changing requirements of the healthcare sector. Additionally, to those established players, there is a variety of the latest businesses operating within the market, particularly within the Asia-Pacific region, who are concentrating on creating cost-effective and innovative solutions to satisfy the rising demand for medical imaging devices.
It's anticipated that the marketplace for fixed and mobile C-arms will remain competitive, with players competing for supported product quality, innovation, pricing, and customer service. Additionally, the market is probably going to ascertain consolidation, with larger players acquiring smaller businesses to extend their product offerings and market presence.