Fiber Optic Cable Market - Global Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Forecast Year ( 2023 – 2032 )
ICTRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Published
- Published on: April 2023
- Report ID: KDMI-7250
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Fiber Optic Cable MarketRequest PDF Sample
Fiber Optic Cable Definition:
The Fiber Optics, usually known as the optical fiber, is a data transmission technology that employs light pulses to transmit information through a glass or a plastic fiber. There are some basic benefits of fiber optic networks which are high bandwidth, low attenuation, minimum cross-talk, strong security, and high reliability. The rise of demand for internet and increase in the number of data centers worldwide with an increased demand for bandwidth lead to an increased demand for fiber optic industry. In addition to this, there has been seen a high demand for fiber optic cable in telecommunications, which therefore has resulted in providing high quality, low cost optical fibers that can be used for chemical sensing. With the increase in demand for cloud computing and internet things such as software, sensors, etc. there is an increased demand for bandwidth and higher connectivity in the commercial workspace and office buildings which hence, increased the demand for fiber optics.
Fiber Optic Cable Market Overview ( Size and Share ):
The fiber optic cable market is a significant segment of the telecommunication industry, as the fiber optic cables are usually used to transmit data at a very high speed. These cables are made of very thin strands which are made of glass or plastic that covered with a layer of cladding, which reflects the light back into the core of the fiber. They are specialised to transmit the data over a long distance in the same way that electrical signals do.
There are different types of fiber optic cables which includes single mode and multimode fibers. Both the fiber are used for different applications such as the single mode fibers are used for transmitting the data to a long distance and are capable of high capacity communication. While if we talk about the multimode fibers, they are used for transmitting data to a shorter distance communication.
The worldwide Fiber Optic Cable Market is estimated to have revenue of USD 16.96 billion by 2032 which is growing by a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.35% over the forecast period of 2023 to 2032. Also, it has been estimated that the revenue in the year 2022 was USD 8.24 billion and we can see that it has been continuously growing over the years.The market for fiber optics has grown significantly over the recent year which is because there is a high demand for high speed broadband internet and proliferation of data centers. The market for fiber optics are expected to grow more rapidly as the demand for high speed internet connectivity is growing which is a base of a number of businesses and individuals.
There are various key players in the fiber optic cable market which includes Corning, Furukawa Electric, Prysmian Group and others. These companies manufacture and sell a wide range of fiber optic cables and related products to the customers around the world.
Fiber Optic Cable Report Scope
USD 8.24 billion
USD 16.96 billion
8.35% from 2023 to 2032
Fiber Optic Cable Key Drivers:
- Increasing demand for high-speed internet: The increase in demand for online content and the growing use of the internet for a number of applications has led to proliferation for high speed broadband connectivity. This therefore has increased the demand for optic fiber cables which are capable of transmitting data at a much high speed then the traditional copper cables.
- Data centers: The increase in demand for bandwidth which is required to transfer and store a large amount of data is therefore led to the growth of data centers. This growth of data centers has led to the increase in demand for fiber optic cables.
- Replacement of copper cables: The copper cables are not so reliant as compared to the fiber optic cables because these copper cables are prone to interference and degradation over long distances which further affects the quality of signal to the end user. This further has led to an increase in demand for fiber optic cables as they are more reliable and high performer for particularly long distance communication.
- Government initiatives: Many government initiatives has been taken by different governments worldwide in order to increase the demand for fiber optic cables such as deployment of fiber optic cables particularly in rural areas to have acess to a high speed internet. This has further contributed to the growth of fiber optic cable market.
- 5G deployment: The newly launched 5G networks and its advancements with higher demand in the market required a high capacity fiber optic cable to support the transmission of data at a higher speed. This has further led to an increase in demand for fiber optic cables in the market.
Fiber Optic Cable Challenges:
- High cost of deployment: The installation of fiber optic cables is very expensive in the market, particularly in the rural areas and sometimes it is very hard to reach some of the areas. This has been a barrier to the adoption of fiber optic cables, particularly for smaller companies established or individuals living in those areas.
- Competition from alternative technologies: There are a number of alternative technologies that are used for long-distance communication, such as satellite and microwave transmission. These technologies are less expensive deployment than fiber optic cables, which can make them more attractive to some customers as the installation, as stated above, of these cables incur a higher cost which cannot be bear by a normal individual.
- Limited infrastructure: There are many areas; where there is limited infrastructure in place to support the deployment of fiber optic cables. This makes it difficult to install these cables, particularly in remote or hard-to-reach areas.
- Regulatory issues: The increase in demand of fiber optic cables can be subjected to a number of regulatory issues, which includes zoning and permitting requirements. These regulations can differ from one location to another, which makes it difficult for the companies to deploy fiber optic cables in certain areas.
- Security concerns: There have been concerns which are raised about the security of fiber optic cables because they are potentially accessed and are compromised by hackers. This has further led to the development of more secure fiber optic cables and related technologies, but these can be more expensive in their deployment.
Fiber Optic Cable Regional Synopsis:
The fiber optic cable market is worldwide, with companies manufacturing and selling fiber optic cables and related products to customers around the globe. Some regions, however, have a larger share of the market than others.
North America and Europe are two of the largest markets for fiber optic cables, which is driven by the high demand for high-speed internet and the presence of many data centers in these regions. Asia-Pacific is also a significant market for fiber optic cables, which is also driven by the growing demand for high-speed internet and the increasing adoption of data centers in the region.
The fiber optic cable market in the Middle East and Africa is expected to grow in the coming years as the demand for high-speed internet is also increasing in this region. Latin America is also expected to see a significant increase in the demand for fiber optic cables as the region looks to improve its telecommunications infrastructure and also increase in demand for higher speed of internet.
Fiber Optic Cable Segmentation:
- By type
- Single Mode Fibers
- Multimode Fibers
- By applications
- Data Centers
- Cable Televisions
- By end-users
- Government Agencies
- By geography
- North America
- Middle East and Africa.
- By materials
Fiber Optic Cable Key Players:
- Prysmian Group
- Optic Cable
- Furukawa Electric
- Cisco Systems
- Sterlite Technologies
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.