Electron Microscope Market : : Global Share, Size, Growth, Trends & Outlook ( 2023 – 2032 )
Healthcare & PharmaceuticalRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Published
- Published on: Feb 2023
- Report ID: KDMI-7173
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Electron Microscope MarketRequest PDF Sample
Electron Microscope Insights:
An electron microscope is a type of microscope that uses a beam of electrons to create high-resolution images of very small objects or structures. It operates on the principle of duality, during which electrons exhibit both wave-like and particle-like behavior. Unlike light microscopes, which use light to illuminate the sample, electron microscopes use a beam of electrons that are focused and scanned over the surface of the sample. This beam interacts with the atoms of the sample, producing signals which will be wont to create images. There are two main sorts of electron microscopes: transmission electron microscopes (TEMs) and scanning electron microscopes (SEMs). TEMs use a skinny sample that's placed within the path of the beam, which then passes through the sample to supply a picture. SEMs, on the opposite hand, use a focused beam to scan the surface of the sample, producing a three-dimensional image.
Electron Microscope Market Share and Size
The microscope market has been growing steadily over the past few years and is predicted to continue growing within the coming years. The increasing demand for electron microscopes is often attributed to the growing need for advanced microscopy techniques in various fields like materials science, nanotechnology, biology, and medicine. The worldwide microscope market size is predicted to succeed in $5.7 billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2023 to 2032 against an estimation of over $2.8 billion in 2022 driven by the growing demand for electron microscopes in life sciences and material sciences, the increasing specialization in nanotechnology research, and the rising government funding for research activities are the main factors driving the expansion of the microscope market.
The transmission microscope (TEM) segment is the largest segment within the microscope market, due to its high resolution and skill to supply detailed information about the sample. The Asia-Pacific region is predicted to witness the very best growth within the microscope market during the forecast period, thanks to the increasing demand for electron microscopes in various industries and therefore the growing specialization in research and development activities within the region.
Electron Microscope Market : Report Scope
Base Year Market Size
Forecast Year Market Size
Electron Microscope Market Key Drivers:
Several key drivers are fuelling the growth of the electron microscope market. Some of these drivers include:
- Innovations in technology: The expansion of the microscope market is being driven by the event of the latest technologies and methods, like cryo-electron microscopy and focused ionic beam microscopy.
- Increasing healthcare industry demand: The robust event of the microscope market is being fueled by the growing use of microscopy in medical diagnostics, drug discovery, and research.
- Demand in the semiconductor market: Electron microscopes are getting used by the semiconductor industry to research material defects and inspect and analyze the surface of semiconductor wafers.
- The expanding application of microscopy in r&d: Numerous fields, including nanotechnology and biotechnology, are increasingly utilizing microscopy to research the nanoscale properties of materials.
- Government funding: The expansion in government funding for microscopy research and development has resulted in the creation of cutting-edge electron microscopes.
- Expansion in developing economics: The expansion of the electron microscope market is being driven by the growing use of electron microscopes in emerging economies like China and India.
- Demand for high-performance imaging: The marketplace for electron microscopes is expanding thanks to the rising demand for high-performance imaging in materials science, biology, and medicine.
Electron Microscope Market Key Trend & Development:
There are several key trends and developments in the electron microscope market that are shaping the industry. Some of these trends and developments include:
- Desktop electron microscopes' rising appeal: In research and educational settings, desktop electron microscopes, which are small and affordable, are becoming increasingly popular.
- Environmental and low-voltage electron microscopes are in high demand: Environmental and low-voltage electron microscopes that can image materials and structures that are sensitive to high-energy electron beams are in high demand.
- Integration of other technologies with electron microscopy: There is a pattern towards incorporating electron microscopy with different innovations, like X-beam diffraction and spectroscopy, to empower scientists to get more extensive data about the example.
- Technology advancements in the electron microscope: Cryo-electron microscopy and correlative light and electron microscopy (CLEM) are two examples of significant technological advancements in electron microscopy that are enabling researchers to image and analyze samples with greater precision and resolution.
Electron Microscope Market Segmentation:
The electron microscope market can be segmented based on several factors, including:
- By application: Materials Science, Life Sciences, Nanotechnology, Semiconductors
- By end-user: Academic & Research Institutions, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Industrial Manufacturers
- By type: Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEMs), Scanning Electron Microscopes (SEMs), Scanning Transmission Electron Microscopes (STEMs)
- By region: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa
Electron Microscope Market Regional Synopsis:
The North American region holds a big share of the microscope market, with a market size of around $1.3 billion in 2022, and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of around 7.1% (2023-2032) to reach a worth of $2.6 billion by 2032. The USA is the largest marketplace for electron microscopes in this region, accounting for the bulk of the market share driven by the presence of well-established academic and research institutions, the increasing specialization in nanotechnology research, and the growing demand from the healthcare industry.
The European region is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period (2023-2032) with a market size of around $960.3 million in 2022 driven by the increasing demand for electron microscopes within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, the growing adoption of advanced microscopy techniques, and the increasing specialize in research and development activities with Germany, France, and the UK being the main markets. The market size is estimated to be worth $1.8 billion by 2032.
The Asia-Pacific market was worth around $874.4 million in 2022 and is predicted to grow at the very best CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period (2023-2032). The expansion of this region is often attributed to the increasing government funding for research activities, the growing adoption of advanced microscopy techniques in various industries, and the rising demand for electron microscopes in emerging economies like China and India. The market size is estimated to be worth $2.1 billion by 2032.
The Latin American region is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% from an earlier estimate of $160.0 million in 2022 during the forecast period (2023-2032). the expansion of this region is often attributed to the increasing demand for electron microscopes within the healthcare industry, the growing adoption of advanced microscopy techniques, and the rising investments in research and development activities. The market size is estimated to be worth $296.8 million by 2032.
The Middle East & Africa region is a smaller market for electron microscopes, with a market size of around $127.4 million in 2022, expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% (2023-2032). The market is predicted to grow at a moderate pace thanks to the increasing demand for electron microscopes within the oil and gas industry and rising investments in research and development activities. The market size is estimated to be worth $232.5 million by 2032.
Japan Electron Microscope Market Regional Synopsis
The microscope market in Japan may be a significant market within the Asia-Pacific region. it's expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period (2023-2032). The market size was valued at around $301.0 million in 2022, with a big share of the market held by transmission electron microscopes (TEMs). The market size is estimated to be worth $620.4 million by 2032.
The increasing demand for TEMs from the semiconductor and materials science industries is driving the expansion of the market. Academic and research institutions are the main end-users of electron microscopes in Japan, with a big share of the market held by universities and national research institutes. Japan features a well-established healthcare industry and a robust specialization in research and development activities, which is driving the demand for electron microscopes within the country.
Electron Microscope Market Key Challenges:
The electron microscope market faces several key challenges, including:
- Competition from alternative technologies: Confocal microscopy and Super-resolution microscopy offers advantages over microscopy in certain applications, like live cell imaging or high-resolution imaging of specific cellular components.
- Complexity: Electron microscopes require specialized training to work and maintain, meaning a talented workforce is important to run these instruments, which may pose a challenge for a few organizations.
- High cost of electron microscopes: Electron microscopes are expensive and need a big investment, which may be a barrier for a few organizations, especially small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Lack of standardization: There's a scarcity of standardization within the microscopy field, which may make it difficult for researchers to match results from different studies.
- Limited funding: The microscope market is heavily hooked on funding from academic and government institutions. Budget cuts or changes in funding priorities can have a big impact on the market.
- Low penetration in emerging economies: Despite the increasing demand for microscopy in developing countries, the high cost of those instruments and therefore the lack of trained personnel are major barriers to the widespread adoption of microscopy in these regions.
- Maintenance and repair: Electron microscopes require regular maintenance and repair to make sure they're functioning correctly whose cost is often high, and finding qualified service technicians is often a challenge.
- Radiation safety: Electron microscopes use high-energy electrons, which may be hazardous to human health if proper safety measures aren't taken.
- Sample preparation: The sample preparation process for microscopy is often time-consuming and sophisticated, which may be a challenge for a few researchers.
Electron Microscope Market Key Players:
The electron microscope market has several major players who offer a range of products. Some of the key players in this market and their products include:
- Carl Zeiss AG - LIBRA 200 TEM, GeminiSEM, EVO HD SEM, Crossbeam 550 FIB-SEM
- FEI Company: Helios NanoLab 660 FIB-SEM, Titan Themis TEM, Nova NanoSEM 450
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation - HT7800 TEM, SU5000 SEM, TM4000/TM4000Plus tabletop SEM
- JEOL Ltd. - JEM-F200 TEM, JSM-IT700HR SEM, JEM-ARM300F STEM
- Thermo Fisher Scientific - Talos F200X TEM, Apreo SEM, Helios G4 FIB/SEM
Some other major players in the electron microscopy market include JeongWon, Shimadzu Corporation, Tescan, and Bruker Corporation. All these companies are heavily investing in research and development to improve the product and resulting outcomes. These companies have a strong distribution network and brand reputation which helps them to require care of their market position.
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.