Dry Shampoo Market: Global Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Forecast, 2022-2032
Consumer Goods & RetailRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Published
- Published on: July 2022
- Report ID: KDMI-5565
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Dry Shampoo MarketRequest PDF Sample
Dry Shampoo Market Insights:
Dry shampoo is a sort of hair product that's designed to soak up excess oil and grease from the hair, making it look cleaner and fresher without the necessity for water or traditional shampooing. Dry shampoo typically comes in a spray or powder form and is applied to the roots of the hair. Dry shampoo is especially useful for people that have oily hair or who lead a busy lifestyle and do not have time to scrub their hair every day. It also can be helpful for people that have color-treated hair, as washing hair frequently can cause the color to fade more quickly.
The global dry shampoo market has experienced significant growth in recent years, driven by factors like changing lifestyles, increasing awareness about personal grooming, and therefore the rising demand for convenient hair care products. The market size was valued at over $3.4 billion in 2022 and is predicted to still grow at a CAGR of around 6.0% from 2023 to 2032 to succeed in size of $6.1 billion by 2032.
North America dominates the dry shampoo market thanks to the high demand for hair care products, particularly within the USA. However, the Asia Pacific region is predicted to be the fastest-growing marketplace for dry shampoo thanks to rising awareness of hair care products and changing consumer preferences. Some of the key players in the global dry shampoo market include Procter & Gamble, Unilever, L'Oreal SA, Kao Corporation, Church & Dwight Co. Inc., The Honest Company, Inc., and Henkel AG & Co. KGaA.
Dry Shampoo Market Key Drivers:
There are several key drivers behind the growth of the dry shampoo market, including:
- Changing lifestyles: Dry shampoo allows people to refresh people’s hair quickly without the necessity for water or traditional shampooing making it a convenient and time-saving hair care solution.
- Convenience and cost-effectiveness: Dry shampoo may be a cost-effective alternative to traditional shampooing, and it also offers the convenience of having the ability to refresh your hair quickly and simply, making it a beautiful option for several people.
- High demand for hair care products: With the increase of social media influencers and wonder bloggers, there's also an increasing trend toward trying new hair care products, including dry shampoo.
- Increase in beauty-conscious consumers: There has been an increase in the number of consumers who are more aware of their appearance and are willing to take a position in premium hair care products.
- Increasing demand for natural and organic products: Many consumers are getting more aware of the ingredients in their hair care products and are trying to find natural and organic options which have led to the event of natural and organic dry shampoo products.
- Oily hair: Dry shampoo provides a simple and effective solution for those with oily hair, helping to soak up excess oil and keep hair looking fresh between washes.
- Rising awareness about personal grooming: there's a growing trend towards personal grooming and self-care, and dry shampoo is seen as a crucial part of an individual's grooming routine.
- Rising health consciousness: With an increasing awareness of the potential health risks related to using chemical-based hair care products, consumers are choosing natural and organic dry shampoo options.
- Water scarcity: In certain regions with limited access to water, dry shampoo has become a well-liked alternative to traditional hair washing.
Dry Shampoo Market Key Trend & Development:
Some of the key trends & development in the dry shampoo market include:
- Natural and organic formulations: Manufacturers are developing natural and organic dry shampoo formulations that use ingredients like rice starch, corn starch, and kaolin clay to soak up excess oil and grease from the hair.
- New product formats: In addition to traditional spray and powder formats, manufacturers are developing new dry shampoo formats like foam and mousse that aim to supply consumers with even greater convenience and simple use.
- Specialized products: Manufacturers are developing specialized dry shampoos for various hair types, colors, and textures. for instance, there are now dry shampoos formulated specifically for blonde, brunette, and red hair, also as dry shampoos for curly and textured hair.
- Sustainability: Many manufacturers are developing sustainable packaging options and using environmentally friendly ingredients and manufacturing processes.
- Advanced technology: Manufacturers are investing in advanced technology to enhance the performance of their dry shampoo products. for instance, some manufacturers are using microencapsulation technology to deliver active ingredients to the hair more effectively, while others are using nanotechnology to make more efficient and effective absorption of excess oil and grease.
Dry Shampoo Market Segmentation:
The dry shampoo market can be segmented based on various factors, including:
- Product type: Spray, Powder
- Hair type: Curly, Straight, Oily, Dry, Colored Hair
- Distribution channel: Online Stores, Specialty Stores, Supermarkets, Drugstores, Salons
- Gender: Men, Women, Children, Gender-neutral
- Price range: Affordable, Premium
- Ingredients: Natural/Organic Ingredients, Synthetic Ingredients
- Region: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa
Dry Shampoo Market Regional Synopsis:
The North American dry shampoo market was valued at $1.2 billion in 2022 and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% to reach a market size of $2.3 billion during the forecast period from 2023-2032 with the USA being the largest market accounting for the bulk of the share. The increasing popularity of organic and natural dry shampoos, rising awareness of private grooming, and the trend of using dry shampoo as a styling product are driving market growth.
The European dry shampoo market was valued at $1.0 billion in 2022 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period from 2023-2032. The growing demand for dry shampoos that cater to specific hair types, increasing consumer preference for natural and organic products, and the surge in e-commerce sales channels are driving the market growth. The UK, Germany, and France are the most important markets in Europe and are estimated to be worth $1.7 billion by 2032.
The Asia Pacific dry shampoo market was valued at $0.8 billion in 2022 and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period from 2023-2032 and is expected to reach a total size of $1.7 billion by 2032. The increasing urbanization, rising income, and growing awareness of private hygiene and grooming are driving the market growth. The most important markets within the region include China, Japan, India, and South Korea.
The Latin American dry shampoo was valued at $0.4 billion in 2022 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period from 2023-2032 with Brazil and Mexico being the most important markets. The growing demand for convenience and on-the-go hair care products, rising income, and increasing specialization in personal grooming are driving the market growth. The market is estimated to be worth $0.6 billion by 2032.
The Middle East and Africa dry shampoo market was valued at $0.2 billion in 2022 and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period from 2023-2032. The growing demand for halal-certified and natural products, increasing consumer awareness of private grooming, and the rise in e-commerce sales channels driving the market growth. South Africa, Saudi Arabia, and UAE are the most important markets within the region. The market is estimated to be worth $0.4 billion by 2032.
Japan Dry Shampoo Market Regional Synopsis:
Japan's marketplace for personal care products is extremely competitive as consumers are known to prefer innovative, high-quality products. As a consequence of this, there has been a rise in the demand for dry shampoos that are made specifically for particular hair types, like hair that's oily or dry, which also provide additional advantages like scalp care and the growth of hair. The dry shampoo market in Japan is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% between 2023 and 2032. From an estimated size of $81.0 million in 2022, it is predicted to gain a worth of $162.3 million by 2032. The rising demand for convenient hair care solutions and therefore the growing trend in Japan to use dry shampoo as a styling product are driving market expansion. The bulk of the market share is held by Shiseido, Kao Corporation, Kracie Holdings, and Kosé Corporation.
Dry Shampoo Market Key Challenges:
While the dry shampoo market is growing, there are still some challenges that companies in this industry face. Some of the key challenges of the dry shampoo market include:
- Competition from other hair care products: The market is very competitive, with a good range of hair care products available, including traditional shampoos, conditioners, and hair masks.
- Consumer education: Companies got to invest in educating consumers about the advantages of dry shampoo and the way to use it effectively.
- Environmental concerns: Dry shampoo is usually marketed as an eco-friendly alternative to traditional shampoo, but some consumers may have concerns about the environmental impact of aerosol packaging creating major challenges for businesses.
- Health concerns: There's a growing concern about the potential health risks related to using dry shampoos that contain synthetic ingredients.
- Poor product differentiation: There's a scarcity of product differentiation among dry shampoos, resulting in intense competition and price wars within the market.
- Price sensitivity: Consumers are price-sensitive, especially in emerging markets, and therefore the high cost of premium dry shampoo products is often a barrier to growth.
- Product effectiveness: Some consumers might not find a dry shampoo to be as effective as traditional shampoo, particularly for those with very oily hair.
- Regulatory challenges: In some regions, there could also be regulatory challenges associated with the ingredients utilized in dry shampoo.
Dry Shampoo Market Key Global Players:
The dry shampoo market is highly competitive and has several key players operating in the market. Key global players in the dry shampoo market with their dry shampoo brands include:
- Bumble and Bumble
- Church & Dwight: Batiste, Psssst
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA: Schwarzkopf, Syoss
- Kao Corporation: Bioré, Essential, Asience
- L'Oreal: L'Oreal Paris, Kérastase, Redken
- Procter & Gamble: Herbal Essences, Pantene, Head & Shoulders
- Unilever: Dove, Tresemme, Suave
These players have a significant market share and are known for their high-quality products and innovative marketing strategies. They have a strong distribution network and brand recognition, which gives them a competitive advantage in the market. New entrants in the market need to differentiate their products and have a strong marketing strategy to compete with these established players.
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.