Dental Inlays & Onlays Market : Global Share, Size, Growth, Trends & Outlook ( 2022 – 2032 )
Healthcare & PharmaceuticalRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Published
- Published on: Feb 2023
- Report ID: KDMI-7176
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Dental Inlays & Onlays MarketRequest PDF Sample
Dental Inlays & Onlays Insights:
Dental inlays & onlays are restorative dental treatments that are used to repair damaged or decayed teeth. They're typically made from porcelain or composite resin material and are wont to replace old fillings or repair teeth that have suffered moderate damage. It's custom-made to suit precisely a cavity or area of decay on a tooth. Unlike fillings, which are molded directly onto the tooth, they're created in a dental laboratory and then bonded into place by a dentist. Dental inlays & onlays are often recommended for patients with moderate to severe decay or damage that cannot be repaired with a filling. They're a more conservative option than dental crowns, as they require less removal of healthy tooth structure. They're also less likely to shrink or change form over time than composite fillings, making them a more durable and long-lasting solution for dental restorations.
Dental Inlays & Onlays Market Share and Size
The global dental inlays market is being driven by a variety of major factors, including the rising geriatric population, rising demand for dentistry, and therefore the rising prevalence of dental disorders. From 2023 to 2032, the worldwide dental inlays market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of roughly 5.4%, reaching a worth of $2.0 billion in 2032 from an earlier estimate of $1.3 billion in 2022. Mechanical headways in dental materials and therefore the reception of (computer-aided design) CAD/CAM advances are alleged to increase the market's development.
North America currently dominates the market followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at a higher CAGR due to increasing government initiatives to improve the healthcare infrastructure and increasing awareness about oral healthcare in the region Dentsply Sirona, 3M, Zimmer Biomet, GC America Inc., and Kerr Corporation are just a couple of the main players in the market.
Dental Inlays & Onlays Market : Report Scope
Base Year Market Size
Forecast Year Market Size
Dental Inlays & Onlays Market Key Drivers:
Several key drivers are contributing to the growth of the global dental inlays & onlays market, including:
- Advances in technology: The utilization of computer-aided design & manufacturing (CAD/CAM) systems is predicted to drive market growth as they will improve the efficiency and accuracy of the procedures.
- Aging population: The worldwide aging population is increasing, and older adults are more susceptible to dental problems like cavities, gum disease, and tooth loss. Digital dentistry: The increasing adoption of digital dentistry within the dental industry is additionally expected to fuel market growth within the forecast period.
- Government initiatives: Government initiatives to enhance the healthcare infrastructure and increase awareness about oral healthcare within the region also drive market growth.
- Growing demand for cosmetic dentistry: Dental inlays & onlays are often used to restore the natural appearance of teeth and improve their aesthetic appeal, driving their adoption among patients for dentistry.
- Increase in income: The increasing disposable income of individuals, especially in developing countries, has led to increasing demand for advanced dental treatments.
- Increase within the number of dental clinics: The increase within the number of dental clinics and therefore the increasing number of trained dental professionals also are expected to drive market growth.
- Increasing healthcare expenditure and awareness: Governments worldwide are increasing their healthcare expenditure, and growing awareness about dental health is predicted to contribute to the market's growth.
- Increasing prevalence of dental disorders: The rising incidence of the cavity, and periodontal diseases is driving the demand for dental restorative procedures such as inlays & onlays.
Dental Inlays & Onlays Market Key Trend & Development:
The dental inlays & onlays market is experiencing several key trends and developments, including:
- Advancements in materials: Researchers are exploring new materials for dental inlays, like zirconia and lithium disilicate which may offer improved strength and aesthetics compared to traditional materials like gold and porcelain.
- Biomaterials research: Researchers are exploring the utilization of biomaterials for dental inlays, like bioactive glasses and bioceramics as these materials have the potential to market natural healing processes and reduce the danger of infection.
- Patient-specific inlays: Investigations are happening on the utilization of patient-specific dental inlays, created to support a patient's unique oral anatomy which has the potential to enhance the fit and longevity of dental inlays.
- Biocompatibility studies: The biocompatibility of varied dental inlay materials, particularly in reference to their impact on surrounding tissues and immune responses are being studied.
Dental Inlays & Onlays Market Segmentation:
The global dental inlays & onlays market can be segmented based on the following:
- By Material: Porcelain, Composite Resin, Others (Including Gold, Silver, Ceramic)
- By End-User: Hospitals, Dental Clinics, Others (Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Academic & Research Institutes)
- By Region: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa
Dental Inlays & Onlays Market Regional Synopsis:
The North American region dominated the dental inlays and onlays market in 2022 with a global share of 34.6%, primarily due to the high prevalence of dental caries, the increasing aging population, and the presence of major market players in the region with a market size of $496.2 million. The market is expected to reach $949.0 million by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 6.7% (2023-2032).
In 2022, Europe was the second-largest market for dental inlays and onlays with 29.3% global market share, with countries such as Germany, France, and the UK being the major contributor to a market worth $418.0 million. It is expected to reach $777.3 million by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 6.4% (2023-2032). The increasing demand for cosmetic dentistry, along with the rising geriatric population, is driving market growth in this region.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to witness significant growth at a CAGR of 7.9% (2023-2032) in the dental inlays and onlays market due to the increasing prevalence of dental caries, the rising demand for cosmetic dentistry, and the growing geriatric population in countries such as China, India, and Japan. With a global market share of 21.2% worth $311.0 million in 2022, it is expected to reach $665.2 million by 2032.
The Latin American market is expected to reach $245.4 by 2032 from an earlier estimate of $111.6 million in 2022, growing at a CAGR of 8.2% during 2023-2032 driven primarily by the increasing focus on dental tourism, the rising prevalence of dental caries, and the growing demand for cosmetic dentistry.
The Middle East and Africa region is expected to witness moderate growth at a CAGR of 8.7% (2023-2032) in the dental inlays and onlays market, primarily due to the increasing adoption of advanced dental procedures and the growing awareness of dental hygiene and oral health. It is expected to reach $260.0 million by 2032 against an earlier estimate of $112.5 million in 2022.
Both Latin American and Middle East & African market together accounted for 13% of the global market share in 2022.
Japan Dental Inlays & Onlays Market Regional Synopsis:
The dental inlays & onlays market in Japan can be analyzed as a part of the Asia-Pacific region with a market share of 38.2% worth $118.0 million in 2022. It is expected to reach $243.2 million by 2032 growing at a CAGR of 7.5% (2023-2032). The market is driven by the high prevalence of dental disorders and the growing geriatric population. The increasing demand for cosmetic dentistry, advancements in dental technology, and favorable reimbursement policies for dental procedures are also contributing to the growth of the market in Japan.
Dental Inlays & Onlays Market Key Challenges:
Despite the growing demand for dental inlays & onlays, the market is facing several challenges, which may hinder its growth. Some of the key challenges faced by the market include:
Competition from alternative treatments: The market may face competition from alternative treatments, like dental fillings, dental crowns, and dental bridges, which may be wont to restore damaged teeth.
High cost: Dental inlays & onlays can be expensive, which can limit their adoption by patients, and reduce demand, as patients may choose cheaper alternatives especially those without coverage.
Lack of awareness: There may be a lack of awareness about the availability and benefits of dental inlays & onlays in some regions, which could limit the market growth.
Limited access to dental care: Limited access to dental care in certain regions, especially in developing countries, low-income and rural areas, also can hamper the market growth.
Limited reimbursement: In some regions, dental procedures might not be fully covered by insurance, which may make it difficult for people to afford the value of the procedure.
Quality concerns: Quality concerns may arise when the inlays & onlays are not manufactured to the correct specification or not fitted properly.
Stringent regulations: Stringent regulations and certifications required for the dental inlays & onlays market may act as barriers to entry for new players, thus limiting the market growth.
Technological advancements: The introduction of the latest technologies may cause the event of more advanced dental restorative products, which may replace dental inlays & onlays.
Dental Inlays & Onlays Market Key Global Players:
Some of the key global players in the dental inlays & onlays market with key details:
- 3M Company - Lava Ultimate Restorative, Filtek Supreme Ultra Universal Restorative, and RelyX Ultimate Adhesive Resin Cement
- Danaher Corporation - KaVo Kerr, Nobel Biocare, and Ormco
- Dentsply Sirona - Ceramco® IPS Empress® System, CEREC® System, and Primescan
- GC Corporation - Essentia® Universal, G-ænial® Universal Flo, and GC FujiCEM® 2
- Ivoclar Vivadent AG - IPS e.max System, Adhese Universal, and Bluephase Style
Planmeca Oy, Straumann, Zimmer Biomet, Envista Holdings Corporation, Kerr Corporation, and Amann Girrbach AG are a few of the other significant players. Offering a variety of dental restorative technologies, these businesses are among the market leaders for inlays and onlays. They put a lot of money into research and development to bring new products to the market and make their current ones better and more effective. In addition, they carry out a variety of strategic endeavors, including mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations, in an effort to broaden their market presence and boost revenue.
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.