Dental Industry Market: Global Share, Size, Growth, Trends & Outlook ( 2022 – 2032 )
Dental Industry Insights
The dental industry refers to the varied businesses and professionals involved in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral health conditions. This includes dentists, orthodontists, dental hygienists, dental assistants, dental laboratories, and dental equipment manufacturers. Dentists are the first healthcare providers within the dental industry, liable for diagnosing and treating a good range of oral health issues, including cavities, gum disease, and tooth loss. Orthodontists concentrate on correcting misaligned teeth and jaws, while dental hygienists clean teeth, provide preventative care, and assist dentists with various procedures.
Dental laboratories create dental prosthetics, like dentures, bridges, and crowns, while dental equipment manufacturers produce and sell the tools and machinery utilized in dental offices. The dental industry has seen significant advancements in technology and techniques over the years, including the utilization of digital x-rays, laser dentistry, and therefore the development of dental implants as a replacement for missing teeth.
Dental Industry Market
The dental industry market is predicted to continue growing driven by the rising prevalence of dental disorders, the increasing adoption of advanced dental treatments, and therefore the growing demand for dentistry. TThe global dental industry market size was valued at around USD 37.3 billion in 2021 and is projected to grow at a compound annual rate of growth (CAGR) of around 8.1% from 2022 to 2032.The market size is projected to succeed in USD 65.4 billion by 2032.
The dental systems & equipment and dental clinics segment accounted for the largest market share in 2020 and is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period owing to the growing demand for dental treatments. North America held the most important market share in 2020, due to the high prevalence of dental disorders and the presence of well-established healthcare infrastructure.
The major players operating within the global dental industry market include Dentsply Sirona, Danaher Corporation, 3M Company, Straumann Group, Henry Schein Inc., Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., Planmeca Group, Ivoclar Vivadent AG, and others.
Dental Industry Market Key Drivers
The global dental industry market is driven by various key drivers contributing to its growth in recent years. Some of the key drivers of the are:
- Advancements in dental technology: The dental industry has witnessed significant advancements in technology, like digital dentistry, CAD/CAM systems, and laser dentistry, which have improved the accuracy, efficiency, and speed of dental treatments.
- Aging population: Older adults are more likely to need dental treatments and procedures, like implants and dentures, and are more likely to take a position in cosmetic dental procedures to take care of their appearance.
- Cosmetic dentistry: There's increasing demand for cosmetic dental procedures, like teeth whitening, veneers, and orthodontics, as people seek to enhance their appearance and boost their self-confidence.
- Dental insurance: The expansion of dental insurance has made dental services cheaper and accessible to a bigger population.
- Growing prevalence of dental disorders: The rising incidence of dental problems like cavities, gum diseases, and carcinoma could be a significant driver of the dental industry market.
- The increasing number of dental clinics and practitioners: The dental industry is witnessing significant growth in the number of dental clinics and practitioners, particularly in emerging economies, which is predicted to spice up the demand for dental products and services.
Dental Industry Market Key Trends and Developments
Some key trends and developments in the dental industry market include:
- The emergence of teledentistry: Teledentistry which has accelerated thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic involves the utilization of digital technologies to supply dental consultations and treatment remotely driven by the increasing demand for remote healthcare services.
- Importance of preventive dentistry: There's a growing specialization in preventive dentistry, including regular check-ups, cleanings, and patient education driven by a desire to take care of good oral health and stop more serious dental problems from developing.
- Rising demand for dental implants: Dental implants are getting an increasingly popular treatment option for missing teeth, as they provide several advantages over traditional dentures, including improved comfort and stability.
- Increasing adoption of digital dentistry: Digital dentistry involves the utilization of advanced technologies like 3D printing, CAD/CAM systems, and digital imaging to enhance the accuracy and efficiency of dental treatments.
Dental Industry Market Segmentation
The dental industry market can be segmented based on the following factors:
- By Dental Equipment
- Dental Chairs
- Imaging Systems
- Dental Lasers
- CAD/CAM Systems
- By Dental Supplies
- Dental Implants
- Orthodontic Appliances
- Dental Burs
- Dental Adhesives
- By Dental Services
- Routine Cleanings
- Root Canals
- Cosmetic Dentistry (Teeth Whitening & Veneers)
- By Material
- By Oral Care Products
- Dental Floss
- By Dental Laboratories
- By End-user
- Dental Clinics
- By Application
- General Dentistry
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Dental Industry Market: Report Scope
Base Year Market Size
Forecast Year Market Size
Dental Industry Market Regional Synopsis
North America is the largest marketplace for dental products and services, accounting for quite 40% of the worldwide market share. Being valued at $38.2 billion in 2020, it is predicted to succeed in $55.4 billion by 2032. The market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% (2021-2032) driven by the high prevalence of dental disorders, the increasing adoption of advanced dental technologies, and therefore the presence of well-established healthcare infrastructure.
Europe is the second-largest marketplace for dental products and services, accounting for about 30% of the total worldwide market share. It is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period of 2021 to 2032, driven by the increasing adoption of digital dentistry, rising demand for cosmetic dental treatments, and therefore the presence of favorable government initiatives. The market in Europe was valued at $29.1 billion in 2020 and is predicted to succeed at $40.6 billion by 2032.
Asia Pacific is the fastest-growing marketplace for dental products and services, expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.6% from 2021 to 2032. It had been valued at $19.2 billion in 2020 and is predicted to succeed in $37.6 billion by 2032 driven by the increasing awareness of oral health, the rising prevalence of dental disorders, and the growing demand for advanced dental treatments and technologies.
Latin America is a growing marketplace for dental products and services, expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% driven by the increasing adoption of digital dentistry, rising demand for cosmetic dental treatments, and the presence of favorable government initiatives. Being valued at $5.5 billion in 2020, it is predicted to succeed in $9.6 billion by 2032.
The Middle East & Africa is a growing market for dental products and services, expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2021 to 2032. The market was valued at $2.4 billion in 2020 and is predicted to succeed in $5.0 billion by 2032 driven by the increasing prevalence of dental disorders, the growing demand for advanced dental treatments and technologies, and therefore the presence of favorable government initiatives.
Japan Dental Industry Market
The rising number of elderly people, which is increasing the prevalence of dental disorders, the rising demand for cutting-edge dental treatments and technologies, and therefore the consequent existence of favorable government initiatives aimed toward promoting oral health and preventive dentistry, all drive the marketplace for the dental industry in Japan. The dental industry market in Japan is anticipated to be worth approximately $16.6 billion by 2032, expanding at a CAGR of 4.8% between 2021 and 2032. The market was estimated to be worth approximately $10.9 billion in 2020.
The dental business market in Japan is growing due to the rising interest in dental administrations like teeth brightening and orthodontic consideration. Digital dentistry, like CAD/CAM systems, intraoral scanners, and digital X-rays, is additionally gaining popularity within the market, making dental procedures more accurate and efficient.
Dental Industry Market Key Challenges
The dental industry market faces several key challenges that could potentially impact market growth and profitability. Some of the key challenges include:
- Cost of dental care: Dental care is often expensive, and lots of people might not be ready to afford the value of treatments, particularly those without dental insurance leading to a scarcity of access to worry for several individuals.
- Fear and anxiety: Dental fear and anxiety are common issues that will end in the avoidance of dental appointments and may impact the general oral health of patients.
- Impact of COVID-19: The COVID-19 pandemic has had a big impact on the dental industry, resulting in the temporary closure of many dental clinics and a decrease in demand for non-essential dental services.
- Lack of awareness and education: Despite increasing awareness of oral health, there remains a scarcity of awareness and education about preventive care and therefore the importance of normal dental checkups.
- Regulatory environment: The dental industry is subject to strict regulatory oversight, which may impact the value of products and services, also limit innovation and growth.
- Shortage of skilled dental professionals: The dental industry is facing a shortage of skilled dental professionals, including dentists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants limiting access to worry in certain regions and increasing wait times for appointments.
Dental Industry Market Global Key Players
Some of the key players in the global dental industry market include:
- 3M Company: 3M is a diversified technology company with a dental division focusing on a variety of dental products, including adhesives, cement, and orthodontic products.
- Align Technology: Align Technology is a leading provider of clear aligner orthodontic treatments, with their Invisalign product.
- Danaher Corporation: An American conglomerate owns several dental equipments and provides companies, including KaVo Kerr, Nobel Biocare, and Ormco.
- Dentsply Sirona: Dentsply Sirona is a leading manufacturer of dental equipment and supplies, with a good range of products for general and specialized dental practices including dental implants, instruments, and imaging systems.
- GC Corporation: A Japanese-based company focusing on dental materials and products, including restorative materials, adhesives, and preventive care products.
- Henry Schein, Inc.: An American company focusing on a good range of dental products and services, including dental equipment, supplies, and software solutions.
- Ivoclar Vivadent AG: A Swiss-based company that manufactures dental materials and equipment, including dental implants, restorative materials, and digital dentistry solutions with attention on cosmetic and restorative dentistry.
- Patterson Companies: Patterson Companies is a dental supply and equipment distributor, offering a good range of products and services for dental practices.
- Straumann Group: A Swiss-based company focusing on implant dentistry, including dental implants, biomaterials, and digital solutions.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.: An American company focusing on musculoskeletal healthcare, including dental implants and related products.