Cleanroom Technologies Market : Global Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Forecast Year ( 2022 – 2032 )
Cleanroom Technologies Market Highlights
Cleanroom Technologies Market size was valued at $7.3 billion in 2021, and is projected to reach $14.4 billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 6.40% from 2022 to 2032.
Cleanroom Technologies Market Definition and Overview
Cleanroom technology typically refers to an enclosed room constructed in a manner to minimize the generation and retention of particulate matter (such as hair, pollen, bacteria, and fungus which contaminate the surrounding areas) and are regulated through the accumulation & controlling of airborne matter. It is done by maintaining relevant parameters such as temperature, humidity, and pressure.
Cleanrooms are classified on the basis of number and size of particulate matter permitted per volume of air in the manufacturing unit. Various equipment used in cleanrooms are cleanroom pass through systems, softwall cleanrooms cleanroom filters, environmental monitoring system, gloveboxes & isolators, and HEPA filters. This technology is needed majorly in manufacturing of pharmaceutical products, production of specialized industrial routes, critical care sections of hospitals, scientific research laboratories, semiconductor fabrication industry and biotechnological industry.
The global cleanroom technologies market is expected to grow at a flourishing CAGR in the next few years to follow.
Report Scope : Cleanroom Technologies Market
Base Year Valuation
Forecast Year Valuation
Cleanroom Technologies Market Drivers :
The growth of cleanroom technologies market is attributed towards major relying factors including the rising demand for sterilized pharmaceutical formulations worldwide, stringent favorable regulatory standards in the health industry, growth of the biologics sector, technological advancements in cleanroom technology, increasing demand for medical devices, rising regulatory concerns regarding the packaging, manufacturing, and processing of better quality products, and the safety of people associated with such work, increasing demand for certified products, the growing safety concerns for health care products and high demand for cleanroom technologies in emerging economies etc.
Additionally, most of the industry verticals are beginning to understand the growing role of cleanroom technology in regulatory frameworks and are increasingly finding the technology an opportunity for them to show their compliance with the changing regulations, especially at the time of new product approvals.
Moreover, cleanroom technologies have rapidly transitioned from being traditionally constructive to modular flexible cleanrooms. Benefits such as reconfiguration as per requirement, quick installation, and cost-effectiveness are some of the key factors that boost demand for modular cleanrooms in various industries. Several technical and economic advantages of using cleanroom technology in manufacturing sectors include gaining a superior ranking in the market, a more organized manufacturing process with optimum time and cost-efficiency, and improved product flow. This makes them desirable all across the globe which in turn drives their overall market.
Furthermore, increasing development and expenditure in healthcare industry, rising prevalence of diseases, improved adoption rate of medical instruments manufacturing and advances made in nanotechnology are other factors expected to propel growth of the market in the near future.
However, the high installation, operational and maintenance cost associated with cleanroom technologies and the lack of experienced professionals are a few factors among others which hinder the growth of this market.
More importantly, due to the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, there is growing focus on drug and vaccine development, and because of which the cleanroom technology market is expected to witness robust growth lately.
Cleanroom Technologies Market Challenges
There are several challenges faced by the cleanroom technology market:
- High Initial Investment: Cleanroom technology requires a significant initial investment, which can be a challenge for smaller companies and organizations. The high cost of equipment, construction, and maintenance can also make it difficult for organizations to justify the investment.
- Stringent Regulations: Cleanroom technology is subject to strict regulations and standards, which can be difficult to meet and maintain. Organizations must ensure that their cleanrooms meet the required specifications, which can be time-consuming and costly.
- Maintenance Costs: Cleanroom technology requires regular maintenance and calibration to maintain the desired level of cleanliness. This can be a challenge for organizations that do not have the resources or expertise to properly maintain their cleanrooms.
- Shortage of Skilled Personnel: There is a shortage of skilled personnel with expertise in cleanroom technology, which can be a challenge for organizations that need to install and maintain their cleanrooms.
- Limited Access to Raw Materials: The production of cleanroom technology requires specific raw materials, which can be difficult to access, especially in certain regions.
- Technological Advances: The cleanroom technology market is constantly evolving, with new technologies and products being introduced on a regular basis. This can be a challenge for organizations that need to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements and invest in new equipment and systems.
Cleanroom Technologies Market Segmentation :
By Product Type:
- HVAC Systems
- HEPA Filters
- Fan Filter Units
- Laminar Air Flow Systems & Biosafety Cabinets
- Air Diffusers and Showers
- Other Equipment
- Safety Consumables
- Cleaning Consumables
By Construction Type:
- Standard/Drywall Cleanrooms
- Hardwall Cleanrooms
- Softwall Cleanrooms
- Pass-through Cabinets
By End User:
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Biotechnology Industry
- Medical Device Manufacturers
- Other End Users
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Cleanroom Technologies Market Regional Outlook :
The North American region currently dominates and is the largest regional market for cleanroom technologies followed by Europe and is also expected to maintain its position in the foreseeable future. This can be attributed to the increasing implementation of guidelines pertaining to cleanliness in healthcare and related research facilities, the rising demand for customized, modular cleanrooms in the region, rise in geriatric population, the increasing demand for safety and cleaning consumables, presence of key pharmaceutical companies and increase in healthcare expenditure etc. The major contributors in North America and Europe are The U.S. and Germany respectively.
The Asia Pacific region is projected to be the fastest growing regional market for cleanroom technologies in the near future owing to the favorable government regulations, rising investment for developments in healthcare industry in the region, increasing healthcare expenditure, the growing base of pharma companies in the region, the increase in production of generic drugs due to patent expirations of blockbusters, growth in geriatric population, the growth in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device sectors, the rise in burden of non-communicable diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, cancers, and diabetes and rising focus on clean and sterile conditions for product manufacturing etc. Major contributors in the region include India, Japan and China.
Cleanroom Technologies Market Key Players :
- COLANDIS GmbH
- Connect 2 Cleanrooms Ltd.
- Clean Air Products
- Integrated Clean Room Technologies Pv Ltd
- Terra Universal Inc.
- Labconco Corporation
- Dynarex Corporation
- Bouygues Group
- Airtech Japan Ltd.
- Clean Rooms International Inc.
- DowDuPont Inc.
- ABN Cleanroom Technology
- M+W Group
- Azbil Corporation
- Exyte AG
- Illinois Tool Works Inc.
- Taikisha Ltd.
- Parteco Srl
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Clean Room Depot Inc.
- Other Players
Cleanroom Technologies Market Recent Developments :
- In May 2020, Exyte, a specialist in high-tech facilities, and Univercells Technologies, a provider of novel biomanufacturing technologies, partnered on construction of modular standardised and flexible GMP manufacturing facilities for vaccines during the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- In October 2020, SMi Group announced the Inaugural Pharmaceutical Cleanroom Technology Europe Conference, in London, UK. As the first event in Europe that focused on cleanroom technology in the pharmaceutical industry, the conference aimed to bridge that gap between the two areas while simultaneously providing a unique selling point.
Key Questions Answered in the Global cleanroom technologies Industry Report
- What is the overall market size in 2021? What will be the market growth during the forecast period i.e. 2022-2032?
- Which region would have high demand for product in the upcoming years?
- What are the factors driving the growth of the market?
- Which sub-market will make the most significant contribution to the market?
- What are the market opportunities for existing and entry-level players?
- What are various long-term and short-term strategies adopted by the market players?