Capacitor Market Size and Share Analysis By Type, By Application, By Geography from 2022 to 2032
A capacitor is a two-terminal electrical device that can store energy in the form of an electric charge. It consists of two electrical conductors that are separated by a distance. The space between the conductors may be filled by a vacuum or with an insulating material known as a dielectric.
Capacitor Market: Size and Share
The market size for Capacitor Market was USD 34.7 billion in the year 2022. It is expected that the market size for Capacitors will increase by approximately USD 61.8 billion by 2032 as the market for Capacitors is continuously growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.0% during the forecast period 2023-2032.
Capacitor Market Report Scope
USD 34.7 billion
USD 61.8 billion
6.0% from 2023 to 2032
Capacitor Market Key Drivers:
There are various factors that help in the growth of the Capacitor Market. They are as follows:
- Increasing demand for capacitors: The capacitor industry is developing potential due to the rising demand for electric vehicles. This is due to the proliferation of devices with greater specifications that are being used more frequently.
- Rising demand for tablets & smartphones: The global market for capacitors is expanding quickly due to the rising demand for tablets and smartphones. The capacitor market is expanding due to the electronics industry's increasing demand for capacitors.
- Affordable prices: Electric capacitors are an important component in the circuit designer's inventory, combining low size with high capacitance and low cost when compared to other types of capacitors. The electric capacitor market is growing due to its extended service life and low cost of manufacturing.
Capacitor Market Challenges:
There are many challenges which are faced by Capacitor Market. They are listed below:
- Lack of high voltage capability: In the filter banks, the capacitor units are connected in series with inductors. Sometimes the voltage across the capacitor units exceeds the design values. In such circumstances, the capacitor units fail catastrophically due to inadequate voltage.
- High DC leakage current: The DC leakage current refers to this small current that flows through a capacitor when voltage is applied. A small DC current can flow, or “leak” through the dielectric material for various reasons specific to each dielectric. As a result, when a capacitor is charged to a certain voltage, it will slowly lose its charge. As it loses its charge, the voltage between the capacitor's electrodes will drop.
- Low-reliability performance: Capacitors age over time, losing the ability to perform their job. The electrolyte, paper, and aluminum foil inside the capacitor degrade physically and chemically. Several factors, such as excessive heat or current, can speed up the deterioration rate.
Capacitor Market Regional Synopsis:
- North America: The North American region will continue to dominate the global capacitor industry. The development of ultra-small case-size capacitors for portable electronic gadgets and the rising production of electric vehicles have ramped up growth in North America.
- Europe: The growth of capacitors in Europe is expected to grow in the United Kingdom and Poland. Since capacitors are a key component in consumer electronics built in Poland, the outlook for the electronic components industry in Poland is positive, providing new suppliers of electrical components in general, and capacitors in particular, from developing nations with possibilities to enter the market.
- Asia-Pacific: The Asia-Pacific market is anticipated to increase due to the region's growing automotive sector. Due to the rapid expansion of their electronic industries, India, China, and Japan are the top three revenue-producing nations in the Asia Pacific. India is the country in the Asia Pacific region that consumes the most electronics. However, due to growing vehicle sales and robust urbanization, China is determined to lower car exhaust emissions.
- Latin America: Latin America Capacitors market has registered a massive increase in the past few years owing to increased growth of digitalization in the developing and developed countries across the region.
- The Middle East and Africa: Middle East & Africa is a larger market for capacitors as compared to South America; however, the market in South America is expected to grow at a rapid pace as compared to the market in Middle East & Africa.
Capacitor Market Segmentation:
The Capacitor Market is segmented into various categories which are listed below:
- Ceramic Capacitor
- Film/Paper Capacitor
- Aluminum Capacitor
- Tantalum/ Niobium Capacitor
- Double-Layer/Super Capacitor
- Automotive Electronic
- Consumer Electronic
- North America
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
Capacitor Market Key Players:
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics
- Panasonic Corporation
- Shenzhen Sunlord Electronics Co., Ltd.
- TDK Corporation
- Abracon LLC
- API Technologies Company
- Eaton Corporation PLC
- Hitachi AIC, Inc.
- Nichicon Corporation
- KEMET Electronics Corporation
- Kyocera Corporation
- VINATech Co., Ltd.
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.