Capacitor Market is segmented by Type (Ceramics, Aluminum, Tantalum, Papers and Plastics, Supercapacitors); by End use Industry (Telecom, Computers, Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Industrial, Others); by Voltage (Low Voltage, High Voltage); By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World) - Global Market Analysis, Trends, Opportunity and Forecast, 2023-2032
Capacitor Market Overview
Capacitor is an electronic device that stores and release electrical energy. It consists of two electrical conductors that are insulated from each other. The space is filled with vacuum and that material is known as dielectric. Rising demand of electronic devices and budget friendly price of capacitor is one of the major factors that has driven the growth of Capacitor Market. TDK Corporation, AVX Corporation, and Panasonic are some of the significant parties in the market for Capacitor.
The global Capacitor market was valued at USD 34.65 billion in 2022. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.96% from 2023-2032, and is expected to cross value of USD 61.83 billion by the end of 2032.
Capacitor Market Drivers
Some key drivers for the Capacitor market are:
- Rapid Expansion of Consumer Electronics Industry: Capacitors are a crucial part of electronics industry like smart phones, smart watch, computer, tablet etc. As the society is dependent on electronic items and the use of capacitor in it is one of the main drivers of market expansion.
- Rise in Sale of Electric Vehicles: Favourable government regulations and adoption of electric vehicles helps in the market expansion of Capacitors. They help to crush high frequency components generated by electric vehicle driving system.
- Growing Use of Capacitor in Renewable Energy: Capacitors play a crucial role in energy conservation and energy storage. Expansion of renewable energy like solar and wind power helps in growth of the Capacitor market.
- Increasing Implementation in Medical Industry: In medical industry, Capacitor play a crucial role in appliances like imaging, patient monitoring, and medicine delivery. Rising use of Capacitor in medical industry will lead to market expansion during the forecast period.
- Technological Developments: Integration of smart grid skills and development of progressive capacitors with higher power rating and improved performance lead to market expansion.
Get More Insights on this report - Request Free Sample PDF
Capacitor Market Challenges
Some challenges facing the Capacitor market are:
- High Costs: Supply shortage and rising power prices of Capacitor lead to high costs of aluminium and film capacitor. High cost of capacitor can be a challenge for the market.
- Unable to Suffer Large Current: Capacitors can't tolerate high current because of its low capacity. Thin layer of Capacitor is one of the challenges of the market.
- Hazardous Effect of Capacitor on Humans and Environment: Even after, the device de-energized it can still store energy and produce hazardous residual discharge. This can be harmul for the humans and environment.
Capacitor Market Segmentation
Segmentation of Capacitor market are:
- By Type
- Papers and Plastics
- By End Use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- By Voltage
- Low Voltage
- High Voltage
- By Region
- North America
- The Rest of the World
Capacitor Market: Report Scope
Base Year Market Size
USD 34.65 Billion
Forecast Year Market Size
USD 61.83 Billion
Timeline considered for all these studies will be:
2022 – Base Year
2023 – Estimated Year
2023-2032 – Forecast Period
Capacitor Market Regional Synopsis
Rising demand for consumer electronics is one of the major factors anticipated to drive the capacitor market in Asia-Pacific. Furthermore, Increasing demand for consumer electronics is one of the major factors anticipated to drive the capacitor market in Asia-Pacific. Furthermore, government programmes supporting renewable energy, rising infrastructural investment, and growing automotive sector is also anticipated to boost the market growth in the region.
Increasing demand of electric vehicles and development of small and case-size capacitors are some of the factors predicted to boost the market growth in the North America region.
Capacitor Market Key Players
Some key players in the Capacitor market are:
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Maxwell Technologies, Inc.
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics
- Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation
- TDK Corporation
- AVX Corporation
- Kyocera Corporation
- CAP XX Limited
- Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd.
- Yageo Corporation
- KEMET Corporation
- Vishay Intertechnology
- Darfon Electronics, Johanson.