Calcium Carbonate Market Size and Share Analysis by Key Players, 2022-2032
Calcium carbonate is a chemical compound represented by the chemical formula CaCO3. It is estimated that about 4% of the earth’s crust is made up of calcium carbonate. It is found naturally in the form of minerals and rocks, some of which include calcite, limestone, chalk, marble, and aragonite. Calcium carbonate is used either in its naturally occurring state or in its pure form. Pure calcium carbonate is extracted from natural sources by various techniques such as mining and quarrying. At present, calcium carbonate is widely used for multiple functions, including as a mineral filter, whitening agent, and alkalizing agent.
Calcium Carbonate Market: Size nad Share
The market size for the calcium carbonate market was USD 23.8 billion in the year 2022. It is expected that the market size for calcium carbonate will increase by approximately USD 42.2 billion by 2032 as the market for calcium carbonate is continuously growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9% during the forecast period 2023-2032.
Calcium Carbonate Market Report Scope
USD 23.8 billion
USD 42.2 billion
5.9% from 2023 to 2032
Calcium Carbonate Market Key Drivers:
There are various factors that help in the growth of the calcium carbonate market. They are as follows:
- Rising concerns for health: Rising concerns about health awareness that is boosting the demand for hygiene-related products, such as tissue paper, are anticipated to propel the calcium carbonate market growth.
- Increase in usage: High usage of calcium carbonate as an antacid and a dietary supplement in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries will push the sales of calcium carbonate due to the growing focus on health and wellness.
- Advancements in technology: The development of new and advanced technologies for the production of calcium carbonate to improve the quality and efficiency of the product will push the sales of calcium carbonate.
- Increasing demand in various industries: Calcium carbonate is used as filler and a coating material in the construction industry. With the rising demand for new infrastructure and buildings in both developed and developing countries, the demand for calcium carbonate in this industry is expected to witness growth in upcoming years.
- Favorable Regulations: Favorable regulations and protocols for the adoption of calcium carbonate as food additives will create lucrative opportunities for market growth in the coming years.
Calcium Carbonate Market Challenges:
There are many challenges that are faced by the calcium carbonate market. They are listed below:
- High Cost: Volatile costs of raw materials such as limestone and marble result in high costs of calcium carbonate costs due to uncertainty, mainly hampering the market growth.
- Stringent Regulations: Growing environmental regulations for the extraction process of limestone and marble to reduce the negative environmental impact hinder market growth due to high carbon dioxide emission during the extraction process.
- Declining paper industry: The paper business has been seriously impacted by expanding digitalization and electronic distribution. This has impacted the calcium carbonate market as it is widely used in the paper industry.
Calcium Carbonate Market Regional Synopsis:
- Asia-Pacific: The Asia-Pacific region is a significant region for the calcium carbonate market and accounts for the largest share. China, India, and Japan are the big markets in this region.
- North America: The North American market is the second largest market for calcium carbonate. The United States is a significant market in the region. Paper is the largest application segment of the market, and the U.S. is among the world’s largest paper manufacturers.
- Europe: The market in Europe for Calcium Carbonate is driven by the demand for calcium carbonate in hair applications. Germany accounts for the largest share, followed by France.
- South America: It is a growing market for calcium carbonate.
- Middle East & Africa: The market in the Middle East and Africa is driven by increasing industrialization.
Calcium Carbonate Market Segmentation:
The calcium carbonate market is segmented into various categories which are listed below:
- Ground calcium carbonate (GCC)
- Precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC)
- Neutralizing Agents
- Construction Materials
- Dietary Supplements
By end-use industry:
- Paints & Coatings
- Adhesives & Sealants
- North America
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Calcium Carbonate Market Key Players:
- Omya AG
- Minerals Technologies Inc.
- Huber Engineered Materials
- Mississippi Lime Company
- Calcinor SA
- Excalibar Minerals LLC
- Midwest Calcium Carbonate