Body Contouring Market: Global Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Forecast 2022-2032
Life ScienceRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Published
- Published on: March 2023
- Report ID: KDMI-7135
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Body Contouring MarketRequest PDF Sample
Body Contouring Market Highlights
The global Body Contouring market size was valued at around $7.2 billion in 2021 and is projected to grow at a compound annual rate of growth (CAGR) of around 7.3% from 2022 to 2032.The market size is projected to succeed in $12.5 billion by 2032.
Body contouring refers to a group of surgical and non-surgical procedures that aim to enhance the form and appearance of the body by removing excess fat and skin, tightening and toning muscles, and improving the general contours of the body.
Surgical body contouring procedures include the subsequent –
- Liposuction - removes excess fat from specific areas of the body, like the abdomen, hips, thighs, or arms
- Tummy tuck - removes excess skin and fat from the abdominal area and tightens the underlying muscles to make a flatter and more toned midsection
- Body lift - removes excess skin and fat from multiple areas of the body, like the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, and arms
- Arm lift - removes excess skin and fat from the upper arms and tightens the underlying muscles to make a more toned appearance
- Thigh lift - removes excess skin and fat from the thighs and tightens the underlying muscles to make a more toned appearance
Non-surgical body contouring procedures include the subsequent –
- CoolSculpting - freezes and destroys fat cells in specific areas of the body, like the abdomen, love handles, or thighs
- Laser body contouring - uses laser technology to shrink fat cells and tighten the skin in specific areas of the body
- Radiofrequency body contouring - uses radiofrequency energy to heat and shrink fat cells and tighten the skin in specific areas of the body.
Body contouring procedures are often efficient thanks to achieving a more toned and sculpted body shape, but they're not a substitute for a healthy diet and regular exercise. it's important to take care of a healthy lifestyle after undergoing body contouring procedures to make sure of long-term results.
Body Contouring Market
Body Contouring Market Latest Trends
Non-surgical body contouring procedures, like CoolSculpting and Sculptra, are getting increasingly popular because they provide similar results to surgical procedures but with less downtime and discomfort. Many people are seeking out body contouring procedures that are tailored to their individual needs and goals which drive the event of the latest technologies and techniques that allow practitioners to customize treatment plans for every patient. Many people are choosing a mixture of various body contouring treatments to realize the simplest possible results. for instance, a patient may prefer to have liposuction followed by skin tightening procedures to deal with both excess fat and loose skin. because the body contouring market grows, more practitioners are entering the sector, which is resulting in increased competition. this is often driving practitioners to differentiate themselves by offering new and innovative treatments and technologies.
Body Contouring Market Key Drivers
Several factors are driving the growth of the body contouring market:
- Advancements in technology: Advancements in technology have led to the event of simpler and fewer invasive body contouring procedures, like non-invasive fat reduction techniques like CoolSculpting and SculpSure, and minimally invasive procedures like liposuction and tummy tucks.
- Growing aging population: As the global population continues to age, there's an increasing demand for anti-aging treatments, including body contouring procedures which will help reduce the looks of sagging skin and other signs of aging.
- Growing awareness and acceptance: There has been a growing awareness and acceptance of cosmetic procedures, with more people feeling comfortable seeking out treatments to enhance their appearance and boost their confidence.
- Increasing availability of body contouring procedures: As the demand for body contouring procedures grows, more practitioners are entering the sector, making these treatments more widely available.
- Increasing demand for cosmetic procedures: The increasing acceptance of cosmetic procedures and therefore the desire to enhance one's appearance has led to a growing demand for body contouring procedures.
- Increasing prevalence of obesity: As more people become overweight or obese, there's a greater demand for body contouring procedures that will help people shed excess fat and achieve a more toned and comely appearance.
- Medical tourism: The recognition of medical tourism has also contributed to the expansion of the body contouring market, as patients hunt down affordable treatments in countries where the value of healthcare is lower.
- Rising disposable income: With rising disposable incomes, more people are ready to afford body contouring procedures, which tend to be relatively expensive. Many body contouring procedures are getting cheaper because the cost of treatments decreases and financing options become more widely available.
Body Contouring Market Segmentation
The global market for body contouring can be segmented in many ways, such as:
- By type of procedure: Surgical and Non-surgical procedures. Surgical procedures include liposuction, tummy tucks, and body lifts, while non-surgical procedures include CoolSculpting, Sculptra, and radiofrequency treatments.
- By patient demographics: Age, gender, and body mass index (BMI)
- By target area: Such as the abdomen, thighs, arms, or face and neck
- By end-user: Hospitals, Cosmetic surgery centers, Dermatology clinics
- By geography: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa
Body Contouring Market: Report Scope
Base Year Market Size
Forecast Year Market Size
Body Contouring Market Regional Synopsis
The body contouring market is growing globally, with strong demand in both developed and developing countries. North America is predicted to dominate the worldwide body contouring market due to the high prevalence of obesity leading to the presence of major market players. The market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period (2021-2028). The market size was valued at USD 1.4 billion in 2020 and is predicted to succeed in USD 2.4 billion by 2028. The USA is expected to be the most important market within the region thanks to the increasing adoption of advanced technologies and therefore the high income of the population.
Europe is predicted to carry a big share of the worldwide body contouring market thanks to the growing awareness regarding cosmetic surgeries and an increasing number of individuals choosing these procedures. Germany and France are expected to be the main contributors to the market during this region. The Europe body contouring market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% (2021-2028) with a market size valued at USD 925.7 million in 2020 and is predicted to reach USD 1.5 billion by 2028.
Asia Pacific is predicted to grow at the very best rate within the global body contouring market due to the rising income of the population, increasing awareness regarding beauty and aesthetic appearance, and therefore the presence of an outsized population base with China, Japan, and India because the major contributors to the market during this region. The Asia Pacific body contouring market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 9.2% during the forecast period (2021-2028). The market size was valued at USD 645.6 million in 2020 and is predicted to gain a value of USD 1.5 billion by 2028.
Latin America is predicted to witness significant growth within the body contouring market to the increasing demand for cosmetic surgeries due to the rising number of obese patients within the region. Brazil and Mexico are expected to be the main contributors to the market during this region. The Latin American body contouring market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.1% during (2021-2028) with the market size valued at USD 219.5 million in 2020 and is predicted to succeed in USD 426.9 million by 2028.
The Middle East and Africa are expected to witness moderate growth within the body contouring market to the increasing awareness regarding cosmetic surgeries and an increasing number of individuals choosing these procedures. Saudi Arabia and South Africa are expected to be the main contributors to the market during this region. The Middle East & Africa body contouring market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.9% during (2021-2028) with the market size valued at USD 145.6 million in 2020 and is expected to gain a value of USD 225.9 million by 2028.
Body Contouring Market share and manufacturer in Japan
Japan features a growing marketplace for body contouring procedures, with a specific demand for non-surgical treatments. the Japanese body contouring market is predicted to grow at a compound annual rate of growth of 13.7% between 2020 and 2025. The marketplace for body contouring procedures in Japan is primarily driven by the growing demand for non-invasive and minimally invasive procedures. In recent years, there has been a trend towards less invasive procedures like CoolSculpting and SculpSure, which use laser or other energy-based technologies to destroy fat cells without surgery. These procedures are popular thanks to their quick recovery times and minimal scarring. additionally, there's a growing demand for body contouring procedures among the aging population in Japan. Many older individuals are seeking procedures like tummy tucks, thigh lifts, and arm lifts to assist maintain a youthful appearance.
Some of the main players within the Japanese body contouring market include Lumenis Ltd., Alma Lasers, Hologic Inc., Syneron Medical Ltd., Cynosure Inc., Venus Concept, Invasix Ltd., BTL Industries Ltd., Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA, and Allergan plc. These companies offer a spread of body contouring devices, including laser-based technologies, radiofrequency-based devices, and ultrasound-based devices.
Some of the key trends in the Japanese body contouring market include:
- The increasing popularity of non-surgical treatments: Non-surgical body contouring treatments, like CoolSculpting and Sculptra, are getting increasingly popular in Japan thanks to their convenience and comparatively low risk of complications.
- The growing demand for combination treatments: many of us in Japan are seeking out combination treatments, like liposuction followed by skin tightening procedures, to realize the simplest possible results.
- The increasing availability of body contouring procedures: because the demand for body contouring procedures grows in Japan, more practitioners are entering the sector, making these treatments more widely available.
- The utilization of innovative technologies: Some practitioners in Japan are using innovative technologies, like laser lipolysis, to supply patients with more advanced body contouring treatments.
- The influence of social media: The influence of social media: Social media platforms, like Instagram, are playing a task in driving the demand for body contouring procedures in Japan, as people become more conscious of these treatments through online platforms.
Body Contouring Market Key Challenges
There are several challenges facing the body contouring market.
- Potential for complications: Like any surgery, body contouring procedures carry a risk of complications, like infection, scarring, and uneven results.
- Need for multiple treatments: Some body contouring procedures may require multiple treatments to realize the specified results, which may be time-consuming and costly.
- Risk of poor results: While many of us are satisfied with the results of our body contouring procedures, there's always a risk that the result might not meet the patient's expectations.
- The potential for side effects: Some body contouring procedures can cause side effects, like swelling, bruising, and pain, which may be uncomfortable and inconvenient.
- High costs: Body contouring procedures are often expensive, especially if multiple treatments are required. this will limit access to those treatments for a few patients, particularly those that cannot afford to buy them out of pocket.
- Risks and side effects: Like all procedures, body contouring treatments carry risks and potential side effects. These can include infection, scarring, pain, and other complications. While the danger of those complications is usually low, they will still be a priority for a few patients.
- Limited coverage by insurance: Body contouring procedures are often considered cosmetic or elective, and intrinsically, they'll not be covered by insurance. this will make it difficult for a few patients to afford these treatments.
- Lack of standardization: There's a scarcity of standardization within the body contouring market, with many various devices and technologies available. this will make it difficult for patients and providers to match treatments and outcomes and should cause confusion about which treatments are best.
- Limited long-term data: While body contouring treatments are available for several years, there's still limited long-term data on their safety and effectiveness. this will make it difficult for patients and providers to form informed decisions about treatment options.
Body Contouring Market Key Players
Some of the key players in the market include:
- Allergan: Allergan is a leading provider of body contouring procedures, including CoolSculpting, Sculptra, and Bellafill.
- Alma Lasers: Offers a variety of body contouring solutions, including the Alma Accent Prime and Soprano ICE. These devices use radiofrequency and laser technologies to tighten skin and reduce fat.
- BTL Industries Ltd.: Offers the Emsculpt system, a non-invasive treatment that uses electromagnetic energy to tone muscles and reduce fat within the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs.
- Cutera Inc.: Offers the truSculpt 3D system, a non-invasive treatment that uses radiofrequency energy to scale back fat within the abdomen, flanks, and thighs.
- Cynosure Inc.: Develops and markets several body contouring devices, including the SculpSure and Smartlipo TriPlex systems. The Smartlipo TriPlex uses laser technology to get rid of fat and tighten skin.
- Hologic Inc.: Develops and markets the SculpSure system, a non-invasive laser treatment for body contouring that will reduce fat in areas like the abdomen and flanks.
- InMode Ltd.: Develops and markets several body contouring systems, including the BodyTite and FaceTite systems. These devices use radiofrequency energy to tighten skin and reduce fat.
- Johnson & Johnson: Johnson & Johnson is a major player in the body contouring market, offering a variety of procedures, including Sculptra and CoolSculpting.
- Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA: Develops and markets the Cellfina system, a minimally invasive treatment that targets the structural causes of cellulite. The system uses a microblade device to release the fibrous bands that pull down on the skin, creating the characteristic dimpling related to cellulite.
- Syneron Medical Ltd.: Offers the UltraShape power grid, a non-invasive body contouring treatment that uses ultrasound energy to destroy fat cells.
- Venus Concept: Offers several body contouring solutions, including the Venus Freeze and Venus Legacy systems. These devices use radiofrequency technology to tighten skin and reduce the looks of cellulite.
- Zimmer MedizinSysteme GmbH: Develops and markets the Z Wave Pro system, a non-invasive device that uses sound wave technology to enhance skin firmness and reduce the looks of cellulite.
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.