Bioprocess Bags Market: Global Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Forecast, 2022-2032
Chemicals & MaterialsRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Published
- Published on: May 2022
- Report ID: KDMI-6880
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Bioprocess Bags MarketRequest PDF Sample
Bioprocess Bags Market: Overview and Definition
The bioprocess bags market refers to the production and distribution of bags and containers specifically designed for use in bioprocessing applications, which involve the large-scale production of biological materials such as vaccines, monoclonal antibodies, and cell therapies. Bioprocess bags are typically made of plastic films that are optimized for biocompatibility and sterility, and are used to store, transport, and manipulate biologically active substances.
Bioprocess bags are used in a variety of applications within the biopharmaceutical industry, including cell culture, fermentation, filtration, storage, and distribution. They are available in a range of sizes and configurations to meet the specific needs of different bioprocessing applications, and may be customized with features such as ports, connectors, and integrated sensors for process monitoring and control.
The bioprocess bags market is driven by the growing demand for biopharmaceutical products, which has led to increased investment in bioprocessing infrastructure and a corresponding need for specialized containers and systems. Other factors contributing to the growth of the bioprocess bags market include the increasing adoption of single-use technologies in bioprocessing, which offer advantages in terms of cost, flexibility, and sterility, as well as the development of new biologics and cell therapies that require innovative storage and processing solutions.
Biopharmaceuticals industry is expanding at a rapid pace, as they are more extensively accepted for the clinical treatment of a wide range of ailments. As such, bioprocess bags are increasingly being adopted by preclinical, clinical and commercial product manufacturing owing to their convenient, flexible and long-term storage characteristics. These bags are autoclavable, heat resistant and sterile and are also widely used in pharmaceuticals as alternatives to stainless steel, glass or rigid plastic containers.
Bioprocess bags undergo several test standards of biocompatibility and have some important characteristics such as transportability, clarity, permeability, pH Stability, biological compatibility, puncture resistance, glass transition temperature etc.
These bags are either single-use containers or multi-use containers which play a vital role in biopharmaceutical industries in handling and shifting which also help in reducing cross contaminations and allow secure storage and transport of cell culture liquids and solvents.
The bioprocess bags market is expected to witness a momentary growth at a more than healthy CAGR over the next few years.
The growth of this market is attributed towards various pertaining factors including the increased activities of research and development by biopharmaceutical and academic institutions, rising of pharmaceutical industries, increase demand of bioprocess bags among biologists due to affordability and their widespread availability, sustainability and lower risk of cross contamination, financial encouragement of government organizations etc.
The increasing demand of recyclable as well as disposable bags among the biologist and people working in biopharma industries and also due to the cost effectiveness and low risk of contamination properties of these bags, they are widely adopted in pharmaceutical manufacturing industries which drives the overall market.
However, factors such as lack of awareness of proper handling and lack of skilled professionals are expected to restrain the bioprocess bags market.
BIOPROCESS BAGS MARKET SEGMENTATION:
By Product Type:
- Single-Use bioprocess bags
- Multi-Use bioprocess bags
- Two-Dimensional bioprocess bags
- Three-Dimensional bioprocess bags
- Process Development
- Upstream Process
- Downstream Process
- Media Preparation
- Product development from living cells or microorganisms
- Product transportation
By End User:
- Biotechnology Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Biopharmaceutical Industries
- Academic Labs
- Lifesciences Laboratories
- Extra Large
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
The Northern American region is expected to share a large market of bioprocess bags owing to the increasing demand of biopharmaceutical products and growing biopharmaceutical industries in the economies of the regions.
Moderate market growth is anticipated from the Asia pacific countries because of the increasing awareness among the people about the new bio-pharmacological products.
Substantial growth of bioprocess bags market from the emerging countries such as China, India, Brazil and South Africa is expected in the future which will boost opportunities to launch new products among the players.
FEW KEY PLAYERS IN BIOPROCESS BAGS MARKET:
- ESI Technologies
- Optimum Processing Inc.
- Biopure Technology Ltd.
- Octane Biotech Inc.
- Flexbiosys Inc.
- Novasep Holding SAS
- Avintos AG
- Sartorius AG
- Meissner Filtration Products
- Charter Medical
- Corning Incorporated
- Entegris Inc
- Danaher Corporation
- Rim Bio Inc
- Saint Gobain
- ThermoFisher Scientific
- Other players
- In March 2019, Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies (FDB) announced plans to buy a mammalian cell culture manufacturing facility in Hillerød, Denmark from biopharma firm Biogen. In August, the firms completed the $890 million deal. 10 months later in 2020, the company announced to increase bioreactor capacity to 240,000 L at the recently acquired site in Denmark to feed the high demand for biomanufacturing services by investing more.
- In April 2020, Sartorius reported pronounced year-on-year increases in sales and orders for its first quarter 2020, indicating the opportunities for bioprocessing and the resilience of biopharma amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- In May 2020, Meissner stated the production of single-use systems had begun from its newly-established site in County Mayo, Ireland. The filtration firm had announced in February 2019 plans to establish a production site in Castlebar, Ireland to support demand for its single-use products from the biopharma industry.
- In June 2020, Korean CDMO Samsung Biologics announced to open an R&D lab in the San Francisco area later this year. Samsung Biologics has established itself as a large-scale biologics producer from its base in Incheon, South Korea. Along with 364,000 L of bioreactor capacity, the firm expanded its services in 2017 to include cell line and process development (PD) services.
- In July 2020, Avantor, a global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the life sciences, advanced technologies and applied materials industries, announced the expansion of the company’s Bridgewater, NJ (USA) innovation center. Located close to biotech companies, the site now has nearly double the laboratory and support space.
- In September 2020, Biopharma faced delays obtaining single-use systems according to a survey that suggested disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and that increasing demand resulted in shortages.
Timeline Considered for Analysis:
- 2021: Base Year
- 2022 to 2027: Forecast Period
Research Scope and Deliverables
Overview & Executive Summary
Market Drivers, Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
Market Size and Forecast Projections
Macroeconomic Indicators of Various Countries Impacting the Growth of the Market
Extensive Coverage of Industry Players including Recent Product Launches and Market Activities
Porter’s Five Force Analysis
Market Segmentation Analysis:
Industry report analyzes the global Bioprocess Bags market by the following segments:
- Product Type
- End User
Customization: We also offers customization’s in the industry report as per the company’s specific needs.
Key Questions Answered in the Global Bioprocess Bags Industry Report
- What is the overall market size in 2021? What will be the market growth during the forecast period i.e. 2022-2027?
- Which region would have high demand for product in the upcoming years?
- What are the factors driving the growth of the market?
- Which sub-market will make the most significant contribution to the market?
- What are the market opportunities for existing and entry-level players?
- What are various long-term and short-term strategies adopted by the market players?
Powered by Froala Editor
Powered by Froala Editor
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.