Biofertilizer Market By Form (Pure & mixed liquid fermentations, Dispersible Granule, Pellet, Powder); By Type (Nitrogen-fixing, Phosphate-solubilizing, Potash-mobilizing); By Micro-organism (Azotobacter, Rhizobium, Azospirillum, Cyanobacteria, Phosphate Solubilizing Bacteria & Fungi, Rhizobacteria); By Application (Soil Treatment, Seed Treatment); By Crop (Fruits & Vegetables, Pulses & Oilseeds, Cereal & Grains, Fiber Crops); By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa) - Global Market Analysis, Trends, Opportunity and Forecast, 2022-2032
Biofertilizer Market Overview
Biofertilizers are living organisms that increase the nutrients of host plants when applied to their seeds, plant surface or soil by colonizing the rhizosphere of the plant. Since bio-fertilizers are completely environment-friendly and more cost-effective as compared to chemical fertilizers, their demand is rising in both organic and traditional farming methods. The global bio-fertilizers market was totaled at a value of USD 2.8 billion in 2022 and is projected to surpass a valuation of USD 7.1 billion by 2032. The market is expected to maintain a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.8% through the forecast period.
Biofertilizer Market Drivers & Restraints
Pollution and contamination of soil are one of the major concerns in today's world. Excessive use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides in agriculture has caused greater harm to the environment. Waterway pollution, chemical burn, increased air pollution, soil acidification, and mineral depletion are major adverse effects of chemical fertilizers. To restrict such harmful effects of chemical fertilizers, the world is now willing to opt for organic farming methods. Organic farming involves the use of Biofertilizers because they are completely environment friendly.
As the organic market continues to grow globally, it is expected that the demand for bio-fertilizers will also rise. Organic farming is known for healthy food, healthy soils, healthy plants, and healthy environments a priority along with crop productivity. Organic farmers use biofertilizer inputs and management practices to improve soil quality and build soil organic matter. As the number of organic producers is rising, biofertilizer consumption is expected to thrive in the coming years. In 2021, 5.8 million organic producers were reported, which is 8 percent more than in 2021. India continues to be the country with the highest number of producers (835,200), followed by Uganda (210,352), and Mexico (210,000).
Governments have been implementing the scheme for the promotion of bio-fertilizers through training, demonstration, and supply of efficient culture for production of bio-fertilizers. Governments are initiating lots of new projects regarding promote the use of biofertilizers in agriculture to increase the productivity of various plants and vegetables. Rising awareness among farmers and planters in the use of biofertilizers has fostered the demand for bio-fertilizers. However, Biofertilizers demand is much higher than the availability, but strong demand for the biofertilizers and awareness for use of biofertilizers have paved way for the fertilizer manufacturers and new entrepreneurs to get into biofertilizer production. Despite exceptional benefits, there are several issues associated with the implementation of bio-fertilizers. Lack of standardization of biofertilizers, less productivity and others are key issues which are hampering the market of global biofertilizers market.
Biofertilizer Market Segmentation
The research offers a comprehensive analysis of biofertilizer market with respect to following sub-markets:
- Pure & mixed liquid fermentations
- Dispersible Granule
- Phosphate Solubilizing Bacteria & Fungi
- Soil Treatment
- Seed Treatment
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Pulses & Oilseeds
- Cereal & Grains
- Fiber Crops
- North America (U.S. & Canada)
- Europe (Germany, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC, North Africa, South Africa and Rest of Middle East & Africa)
Biofertilizer Market Competitive Landscape
The report profiles various major and niche market Key Players such as
- Sigma AgriScience
- Bayer Crop Science
- Kiwa Bio-Tech Products Group Corporation
- Bio Green USA, Inc.
- Fertoz Ltd.
- Suståne Natural Fertilizer, Inc.
- Sushila Bio-Fertilizer Company (SuBiCo) Pvt. Ltd
- Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd.
- Rizobacter Argentina S.A.
- Lallemand Inc.
- Other Major & Niche Key Players
Competitive landscape analysis provides detailed strategic analysis of the company’s business and performance such as financial information, revenue breakup by segment and by geography, SWOT Analysis, risk analysis, key facts, company overview, business strategy, key product offerings, marketing and distribution strategies, new product development, recent news (acquisition, expansion, technology development, research & development expansion, and other market activities.
The study also provides company’s positioning and market share in Biofertilizer Market.
Timeline Considered for Analysis:
- 2021: Base Year
- 2022: Estimated Year
- 2022 to 2032: Forecasted Year
Research Scope and Deliverables
- Overview & Executive Summary
- Market Drivers, Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
- Market Size and Forecast Projections
- Macroeconomic Indicators of Various Countries Impacting the Growth of the Market
- Extensive Coverage of Industry Players including Recent Product Launches and Market Activities
- Porter’s Five Force Analysis
Market Segmentation Analysis:
Industry report analyzes the global biofertilizer market by the following segments:
- By Form
- By Type
- By Micro-organism
- By Application
- By Crop
Geographic Market Analysis:
The report offers separate analysis of North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. In addition, further breakdown of market data and analysis of region into countries is covered in the report.
Customization: We also offers customization is in the industry report as per the company’s specific needs.
Key Questions Answered in the Global Biofertilizer Industry Report:
- What is the overall market size in 2021? What will be the market growth during the forecast period i.e., 2022-2032?
- Which region would have high demand for product in the upcoming years?
- What are the factors driving the growth of the market?
- Which sub-market will make the most significant contribution to the market?
- What are the market opportunities for existing and entry-level players?
- What are various long-term and short-term strategies adopted by the market players?