Automotive Start-Stop System Market: Global Share, Size, Growth, Trends & Outlook ( 2022 – 2032 )
AutomotiveRequest PDF Sample Request Discount
- Status : Published
- Published on:
- Report ID: KDMI-7161
- Available Format: PDF/Excel/DOC
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Automotive Start-Stop System MarketRequest PDF Sample
Automotive Start-Stop System Market Insights
An automotive start-stop system may be a feature found in modern cars that automatically turns off the engine when the car involves an entire stop and restarts it again when the driving force releases the pedal. The system is meant to save lots of fuel and reduce emissions, especially in city driving where there's tons of stop-and-go traffic.
When the car is in motion, the system operates normally, with the engine running and therefore the alternator charging the battery. However, as soon because the car involves an entire stop, the system automatically shuts off the engine to save lots of fuel. The engine is restarted as soon because the driver releases the pedal or presses the accelerator, allowing the car to resume driving. The start-stop system uses a spread of sensors to detect when the car has come to a stop and when it is time to restart the engine.
These sensors include the pedal sensor, accelerator sensor, and engine temperature sensor. The system also monitors the battery charge level to make sure that there's enough power to restart the engine. The start-stop system is often disabled if the driving force chooses, but it's generally considered to be an efficient thanks to save fuel and reduce emissions, especially in urban driving conditions. Some automakers also offer advanced versions of the start-stop system which will use regenerative braking to charge the battery, further increasing fuel efficiency.
Automotive Start-Stop System Market
The automotive start-stop system market may be a rapidly growing market, driven by increasing fuel prices and stricter emissions regulations. The global automotive start-stop system market size was valued at around USD 25.8 billion in 2021 and is projected to grow at a compound annual rate of growth (CAGR) of around 15.1% from 2022 to 2032.The market size is projected to succeed in USD 70.1 billion by 2032.
The passenger cars segment is predicted to dominate the market, thanks to the increasing adoption of start-stop systems during this segment. The hybrid electric vehicle segment is predicted to grow at the very best CAGR during the forecast period thanks to the increasing adoption of hybrid electric vehicles, as they provide better fuel efficiency and lower emissions compared to standard vehicles. The Asia-Pacific region is predicted to grow at the very best CAGR driven by the increasing adoption of start-stop systems in China, Japan, and South Korea.
The market is predicted to continue growing as more car manufacturers adopt this technology and as regulations become more strict. a number of the key players within the market include Bosch, Continental AG, and Delphi Automotive.
Automotive Start-Stop System Market Key Drivers
The global automotive start-stop system market is driven by various factors contributing to its growth in recent years. Some of the key drivers of the are:
- Consumer awareness: Consumers are increasingly conscious of the advantages of fuel-efficient vehicles and are willing to pay a premium for vehicles equipped with start-stop systems driving the expansion of the automotive start-stop system market.
- Cost savings: The utilization of start-stop systems may result in significant cost savings for vehicle owners because it reduces fuel consumption and wears and tear on the engine. This has led to increased adoption of the technology, especially in commercial vehicles where fuel consumption may be a major expense.
- Government support: Government support in sort of incentives and subsidies for the manufacturers and consumers to adopt these systems, further accelerating the market growth.
- Increasing demand for electric vehicles: The growing popularity of electrical vehicles is additionally driving the market, as start-stop systems are a key feature of those vehicles.
- Increasing demand for fuel-efficient vehicles: The inflation of fuel and therefore the got to reduce emissions have increased the demand for fuel-efficient vehicles. Start-stop systems help in reducing fuel consumption by shutting off the engine when the vehicle is stationary, thereby improving fuel efficiency.
- Stringent government regulations on emissions: Governments around the world have implemented strict regulations on vehicle emissions to scale back their carbon footprint. Start-stop systems are efficient thanks to reduce emissions, and automakers are increasingly incorporating this technology into their vehicles to suit these regulations.
- Technological advancements: Advancements in technology have led to the event of more efficient and reliable start-stop systems. the event of advanced batteries, power electronics, and control systems has made the start-stop system more reliable, efficient, and cost-effective. These systems are now more sophisticated and may operate smoothly, without compromising on the comfort and safety of the driving force and passengers.
Automotive Start-Stop System Market Key Trends and Developments
The global automotive start-stop system market is undergoing several key trends and developments, including:
- Increased adoption by automakers: Start-stop systems are getting more and more common in automobiles made by manufacturers. The increasing demand for fuel-efficient vehicles and therefore the got to suit government emissions regulations are the driving forces behind this trend.
- Integration with electric and hybrid automobiles: Hybrid and electric vehicles are incorporating start-stop systems to enhance fuel economy and reduce emissions. it's anticipated that this integration will propel a market expansion, particularly within the electric vehicle sector.
- Battery technology of the future: The utilization of cutting-edge battery technology, like lithium-ion batteries, contributes to the development of start-stop systems' durability and performance. Compared to standard lead-acid batteries, these are more dependable and last longer.
- Integration with other technologies: To further enhance fuel economy and lessen emissions, start-stop systems are being incorporated into other technologies like regenerative braking and energy recovery systems.
- Intelligent systems for starting and stopping: Sensors and algorithms are utilized in smart start-stop systems to optimize the start-stop process, making it easier and more convenient for both drivers and passengers.
Automotive Start-Stop System Market: Report Scope
Base Year Market Size
Forecast Year Market Size
Automotive Start-Stop System Market Segmentation
The automotive start-stop system market can be segmented based on the following factors:
- By Components
- Starter Motor
- Power Electronics
- By Electric Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs)
- Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- By Vehicle Market
- Passenger Cars
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- By Sales Channel Type
- Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- Aftermarket Players
- By Region
- North America
- Rest of the World (RoW)
Automotive Start-Stop System Regional Synopsis
The North American marketplace for automotive start-stop systems is predicted to grow at a CAGR of around 19.5% during the forecast period of 2021 to 2026. The market size is predicted to succeed in $3.9 billion by 2026, from $1.2 billion in 2020. The expansion is attributed to the increasing demand for fuel-efficient vehicles and therefore the stringent emission regulations within the region.
The expansion of the European market is driven by the increasing adoption of start-stop systems by automakers and therefore the growing awareness among consumers regarding fuel efficiency and environmental concerns. The market was valued at approximately $1.3 billion accounting for around 25% of the worldwide market share in 2020 and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of around 17.5% from 2021 to 2026.
The Asia-Pacific marketplace for automotive start-stop systems is predicted to grow at a CAGR of around 21% driven by the increasing demand for passenger cars within the region, the growing awareness regarding fuel efficiency, and therefore the stringent emission regulations in countries like China and India. The market size is predicted to succeed in $9.1 billion by 2026, from $2.4 billion in 2020.
The rest of the world marketplace for automotive start-stop systems is predicted to grow at a CAGR of around 18.5% driven by the increasing demand for fuel-efficient vehicles and therefore the growing awareness among consumers regarding environmental concerns. The market size is predicted to succeed in $1.3 billion by 2026, from $0.4 billion in 2020, and is predicted to be valued at around 8% of the worldwide share in 2026.
Automotive Start-Stop System Market Key Challenges
The automotive start-stop system market faces several key challenges that could potentially impact market growth and profitability. Some of the key challenges include:
- Battery durability: Frequent starting and stopping of the engine can put extra stress on the battery, which may reduce its life, increase maintenance costs, and potentially cause costly replacements.
- Comfort and convenience: Some drivers may find the frequent starting and stopping of the engine to be annoying or uncomfortable, especially in situations where the traffic is heavy and therefore the engine is stopping and starting frequently.
- Compatibility with other systems: Start-stop systems might not be compatible with all existing systems within the vehicle, which may create additional challenges for car manufacturers, and retrofitting older vehicles with the technology are often expensive and difficult.
- Consumer awareness and acceptance: Consumers could also be hesitant to adopt start-stop systems thanks to a scarcity of data about the technology or concerns about its reliability.
- High cost: While start-stop systems offer significant cost savings at the end of the day, they are expensive to implement initiatives which may be a barrier for a few car manufacturers and consumers. This cost is often a barrier to adoption, especially for consumers who might not be willing to pay a premium for the technology.
- Limited infrastructure: Lack of charging stations or specified maintenance facilities are often a challenge in some regions.
- Technical challenges: Start-stop systems require advanced batteries, power electronics, and control systems which will withstand the frequent starting and stopping of the engine. the event of those components is often challenging and dear.
- Weather conditions: Start-stop systems might not work also in extreme weather, like very cold or extremely popular temperatures.
Automotive Start-Stop System Market Key Players
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd
- BorgWarner Inc
- Continental AG
- Aptiv PLC (Delphi Automotive PLC)
- DENSO Corporation
- Hitachi, Ltd
- Johnson Controls International Plc
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Valeo S.A
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.