Medical Camera Market
Medical Camera Market - By Type, By Sensor, By Resolution, By End User & Global Region - Market Size, Trends, Opportunity, Forecast 2021-2026Request Sample Request Discount
The camera is intended to help specialists track clinical instruments known as endoscopes that are utilized to explore a scope of inner conditions. The new gadget can recognize wellsprings of light inside the body, like the enlightened tip of the endoscope's long adaptable tube. Up to this point, it has not been feasible to follow where an endoscope is situated in the body to manage it to the perfect spot without utilizing X-beams or other costly strategies. The market size of the global medical camera market was held at USD 2.8 billion in 2020. With a CAGR of 9.1%, the market is forecasted to reach USD 4.4 billion by 2026.
Competitive pricing strategies can lead to growth of the market as there are lesser barriers to entry and with more entrants the prices must be competitive which is likely to boost demand for medical camera equipment. Moreover, partnership between two big players will also influence the market growth as gift to big players come and their brand loyalty technology and pricing while maintaining healthy competition with other players in the market drive market growth.
Increasing technology and R&D investment from government has been favoring market dynamics for the sector and has been expected to grow over the period of time. Moreover, there is increased demand for surgeries due to various chronic diseases that stuck with people for lifetime and limited availability of curing methods. Also, increasing geriatric population demands more surgery and have been more prone to diseases. These factors are envisioned to bolster the growth of market.
Various uses like high sensitivity, flexibility and useful for various research institutions and laboratory technicians as well as hospitals will cater to the growth of market.
The restraints to medical cameras are as follows:
- Health threats caused due to radiation as Exposure to very high levels of radiation, such as being close to a medical camera or any radiological device, can cause acute health effects such as skin burns and acute radiation syndrome. It can also result in long-term health effects such as cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- High prices of equipment even with the competitive pricing strategies adopted by key players the overall cost of equipment and surgeries has not been affordable and accessible to all sectors of the population which has been restraining the growth to a large extent in emerging markets where there is growing potential of higher disposable income but people still find it hard to get the best possible healthcare for themselves.
- There has been a Lack of professional and qualified operating personnel for using it effectively and efficiently can also draw tension from Medical cameras and their numerous benefits to other alternatives for examining patient’s bodies.
- Fewer barriers to entry which reduces profitability due to competitive pricing strategies in order to gain market share leads to lesser growth for individual players.
- Endoscopy Cameras
- Dermatology Cameras
- Ophthalmology Cameras
- Dental Cameras
- Surgical Microscopy Cameras
- Other Medical Cameras
- CMOS Sensors
- CCD Sensors
- Standard Definition (SD) Cameras
- High-definition (HD) Cameras
- Hospitals & Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe (RoE)
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific (RoAPAC)
- Rest of the World
North American countries have been dominant and it is expected to be the largest medical camera market for the foreseeable future due to the rising technological advancements and innovations due to the presence of major market players. Moreover, the rising geriatric population and prevalence of diseases has been expected to drive the market demand in the region. According to a United States census as of 2019, people aged above 65 are more than 52 million and during the next decade they are expected to grow to almost 70 million. Thus, the rise of this geriatric population is expected to be a potential customer for the North American players due to the prevalence of various diseases leading to more surgical procedures and will grow the demand for medical cameras and their efficiency in testing the interior condition of the body. North America is expected to be the leader in the foreseeable future.
Following North America, the second largest market for medical cameras is Europe which has similar demographic geriatric population with lenient government regulations driving the market growth, but some countries have been facing economic uncertainty like Greece which leads to instability in the political system and is going to restrain the growth in the European region there in the foreseeable future.
Asia-Pacific has been showing the greatest potential for growing due to continuous advancements and growing markets with increasing awareness due to advertisement campaigns which have been run by government initiatives which have been implemented to modernize infrastructure. Continuous investments on RND by Nations like China and India by exploiting their cheap labour specialising in technology and engineering has been a contributing factor for the growth of this market.
Similarly emerging markets of Latin American countries and middle East have also shown developing infrastructure and higher disposable income as Brazil shows a lucrative market for medical cameras due to its larger population and developments in Healthcare sector.
- Olympus Corporation (Japan)
- Richard Wolf GmbH (Germany)
- TOPCON CORPORATION (Japan)
- Sony Corporation (Japan)
- Stryker (US)
- Danaher (US)
- Canon Inc. (Japan)
- Carl Zeiss AG (Germany)
- Smith & Nephew (UK)
- Carestream Dental LLC. (US)
- Basler AG (Germany)
- ATMOS MedizinTechnik GmbH & Co. KG. (Germany)
- IMPERX, Inc (US)
- IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH (Germany)
- Optomed Plc (Finland)
- HAAG-STREIT GROUP (Switzerland)
- CYMO B.V. (Netherland)
- Diaspective Vision GmbH (Germany)
- Dage-MTI (US)
- Fude Technology Group Limited (China)
- Healthtech Engineers Private Limited (India)
- SCHÖLLY FIBEROPTIC GMBH (Germany)
- Medicam (India)
- ESC Medicams (India)
- Tonglu Kanger Medical Instrument Co., Ltd (China)
- Other Players
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.