5G Antenna Market
5G Antenna Market - By Target Audience, By Type , By Application & Global Region - Market Size, Trends, Share & Forecast 2020-2025Request Sample Request Discount
5G Antenna Market
The 5G network supposedly provides users with better experience and enables massive connectivity between people, between machines, and between people and machines. To give effect to this, fast antennas are required for easy and consistent communication of data and information.
The significant demand for 5G antennas is primarily generated from industries such as the automotive industry, 5G base station operators, IoT & M2M devices, and smart phones.
Smart antenna arrays are said to use Multiple Input / Multiple Output (MIMO) at both the source (transmitter) and the destination (receiver) to improve signal quality. This is in contrast to non-array systems that use a single antenna (and signal path) at the source and the destination. The market for smart antennas is not new as they provide efficient coverage for 2G, 3G, and LTE. However, 5G smart antennas will be necessary to provide extensive mobility support for many new and enhanced apps and services including virtual reality, self-driving cars, connected vehicles, and Voice over 5G (Vo5G).
Not only this, but 5G will provide continuous mobility largely within only metropolitan areas, continuous voice over 5G (Vo5G) coverage and along with network optimization they will also reduce energy needs and other resources. Therefore, 5G antennas will be an absolute requirement to support the smart cities market and related services. Keeping the above factors in view, the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) has set the standard data transfer rate as 1Gbit/s.
The 5G antennas market is anticipated to grow enormously and value at around $7 billion by the year 2025.
The growth of this market is attributed towards major relying factors including the rising demand for smart phones, 5G roll-out in countries, rising adoption of 5G technologies in connected vehicles, continuous engagement in developing smart antennas to fulfill the growing needs of consumers using 5G network, and others.
5G network is expected to improve wireless communication in many aspects such as enhanced mobile services, greater scalability for IoT (Internet of Things) systems, and reliable communication for mission critical applications. With the implementation of 5G networks, issues related to traffic congestion and collisions are likely to be addressed as 5G smart antennas enable and enhance direct vehicle to vehicle communication by surpassing the network to avoid traffic congestions and any delays. Consequently, these applications of 5G smart antennas in the 5G network is anticipated to aid the growth of the 5G smart antenna market comprehensively.
Also, countries at a nascent stage of 5G Roll-Out are expected to introduce growth opportunities for 5G Antenna manufacturers. With this, 5G antennas supporting mm-wave frequency is set to gain enormous traction.
Furthermore, 5G smart antennas offer faster mobile broadband speed and extensive data transfer. This opens up new opportunities for retailers with the potential to reach speed of 10Gbps with minimal latency and pervasive connectivity.
However, impact of COVID-19 pandemic on 5G industry and its supply chain across the globe, delays in spectrum allocation and deployment of small cells are factors that are currently impeding the growth of this market.
5G ANTENNA MARKET SEGMENTATION:
By Target Audience:
- AI and IoT companies
- Semiconductor companies
- Antenna services companies
- Commercial real estate companies
- OEMs and antenna manufacturers
- Communications service providers
- ICT infrastructure suppliers in general
- FR1 antennas
- FR2 antennas
- Base Stations
- IoT & M2M devices
- Others (e-health, drones)
- North America
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
North America is anticipated to account for a significant share of the global 5G smart antenna market followed by Europe and accordingly lead the market in the coming years due to the increasing automotive applications in the region.
Though, this market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand massively, led by growth in various applications, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is expected to expand at a moderate pace in the near future.
FEW KEY PLAYERS IN 5G ANTENNA MARKET:
- Ericsson AB
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
- Keysight Technologies
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- National Instruments
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- ZTE Corporation
- NEC Corporation
- Nokia Corporation
- Airgain Inc.
- Airspan Networks Inc.
- Comba Telecom Systems Holdings Limited
- CommScope Holding Company Inc.
- Other Key and Niche Players
- In September 2020, Antenova Ltd, UK manufacturer of antennas and RF antenna modules for the Internet of Things and M2M applications added a high performing 5G SMD design to its array of 5G antennas.
- In October 2020, Fujikura Ltd. announced the introduction of industry’s most advanced and highly integrated Phased Array Antenna Module (PAAM) for 5G mmWave operating in 3GPP bands. The Fujikura PAAM is the industry’s highest performance PAAM targeting indoor and outdoor applications such as 5G mmWave Fixed Wireless Access (FWA), 5G mmWave Mobile Wireless Access (MWA), 5G mmWave wireless backhaul, and other emerging applications.
- In October 2020, NEC, Analog Devices collaborated to provide 5G O-RAN Massive MIMO radio for Rakuten Mobile.
Timeline Considered for Analysis:
- 2019: Base Year
- 2019 to 2025: Forecast Period
Research Scope and Deliverables
Overview & Executive Summary
Market Drivers, Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
Market Size and Forecast Projections
Macroeconomic Indicators of Various Countries Impacting the Growth of the Market
Extensive Coverage of Industry Players including Recent Product Launches and Market Activities
Porter’s Five Force Analysis
Market Segmentation Analysis:
Industry report analyzes the global 5G antenna market by the following segments:
- Target Audience
Customization: We also offers customization’s in the industry report as per the company’s specific needs.
Key Questions Answered in the Global 5G antenna Industry Report
- What is the overall market size in 2019? What will be the market growth during the forecast period i.e. 2020-2025?
- Which region would have high demand for product in the upcoming years?
- What are the factors driving the growth of the market?
- Which sub-market will make the most significant contribution to the market?
- What are the market opportunities for existing and entry-level players?
- What are various long-term and short-term strategies adopted by the market players?
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.