Surfboard Market - By Product, By Material, By End-user, By Distribution Channel, By Application & Global Region - Market Size, Trends, Share & Forecast 2020-2025Request Sample Request Discount
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Surfboard MarketRequest Sample
Globally, adaptive surfing has gained immense popularity among disabled people as it contributes to their physical well-being, confidence building, and combating discrimination and also requires minimal training and equipment. Furthermore, it plays an important role in the rehabilitation process and also improves sensorial and psychosocial skills. It optimally adds value to the prevention and treatment of many pathological conditions by preventing sedentary lifestyles and stress, contributing to social inclusion, and encouraging teamwork among people with disabilities. As a result, the demand for surfboards has enormously scaled up.
Surfboards are elongated and light surfing equipment's that support a person standing on them while riding an ocean wave. Over the years, major advancements including introduction of one or more fins to the board’s bottom rear to enhance steering stability among others have been witnessed.
Global surfboard market size is anticipated to witness growth at a more than healthy CAGR in the years to come.
The growth of this market is attributed towards a combination of major relying factors including the increasing awareness about the benefits of adaptive surfing as a vital therapeutic tool, rising participation of women in water sports activities, increasing spending on recreational and leisure activities by people worldwide etc.
Promotions of the therapeutic benefits of this sport encourage the participation of new surfers, which, boosts the global sales of surfboards. For instance, the Portuguese Association of Adapted Surfing, SURFaddict has organized many events along the Portuguese coastline to promote adaptive surfing. Additionally, the International Surfing Association (ISA) is planning to include the sport in the Paralympic Games to make it more accessible. Therefore, the surfboard market growth is expected to comprehensively grow over the next few years.
The global surfboard market is scaling owing to manufacturers who are closely observing the changing consumer preferences and emerging trends to adapt to the ever-changing market scenario. Product innovations and developments will make market participants compete on several factors, including product pricing, quality, brand, and variety. Already, new innovations have started to emerge. The newest ones have nose-less crafts, straight rails, and angular tails. Many surfing enthusiasts are also coming up with their own surfboard designs. For example, Edison Conner, a former SpaceX rocket scientist, along with his teammates tried to create durable surfboards with ultra-rigid foam which is stronger and stiffer than conventional foam. Additionally, manufacturers are focusing on electric and eco-friendly surfboards. These products have a direct positive impact on the overall sales of surfboards.
However, the increasing adoption of do-it-yourself (DIY) surfboards, concerns related to sustainability and emergence of online surfing are factors that affect the market negatively, thereby impeding the growth.
SURFBOARD MARKET SEGMENTATION:
- Polyurethane (P.U.) Boards
- Balsa Boards
- Hollow Wooden Boards
- Recreational Users
- Professional Users
By Distribution Channel:
- Specialty Stores
- Department Stores
- Online Retail
- Sport Competition
The North American region dominated the regional market for surfboards in 2019 and is expected to continue the same. This can be attributed to the rise in surf tourism in countries like the US and Canada and the growing women participants in water sports in the region along with the rising number of national sponsors for events such as the ISA World StandUp Paddle and the Paddleboard Championship (WSUPPC) etc.
The North American region is to be followed by Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA respectively in the years to come.
FEW KEY PLAYERS IN SURFBOARD MARKET:
- Beachbeat Surfboards
- Channel Island Surfboards
- Global Surf Industries
- Hobie Cat Company
- INFINITY SURF
- NSP Surfboard
- Quiksilver Inc.
- Xanadu Surfboards
- Rusty Surfboards
- Xanadu Surfboards
- Boardworks Surf
- Firewire Surfboards
- McTavish Surfboards
- Keeper Sports
- True North Gear
- Other Players
- In January 2020, Swedish electric surfboard manufacturer Awake came back with the release of its newest electric surfboard model, the Awake RÄVIK_S. Awake launched the company’s original RÄVIK electric surfboard in the summer of 2018. The newer version incorporates a redesigned hull to improve its hydrodynamic performance.
- In May 2020, Watersports startup YuJet announced to release a jet-powered electric surfboard that the company said will take just five minutes to learn and will let the rider ride for about 40 minutes with no waves required and that too with a fully water-proof replaceable battery.
- In August 2020, Juc Surf, an Australian start-up build first recycled carbon fiber composite surfboard. Juc Surf, reportedly, uses 100% recycled carbon fiber scrap materials for a more sustainable surfboard that doesn’t sacrifice performance.
- In September 2020, Pyzel Surfboards announced the formation of The Sugar Mill Europe, a dedicated sales, production and marketing group focused on servicing the European market. The Sugar Mill is said to be the European headquarters of Pyzel Surfboards as well as JJF by Pyzel FunformanceTM, the new high performance softboard brand co-owned by Pyzel Surfboards and John John Florence.
Timeline Considered for Analysis:
- 2019: Base Year
- 2020: Estimated Year
- 2020 to 2025: Forecast Period
Research Scope and Deliverables
Overview & Executive Summary
Market Drivers, Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
Market Size and Forecast Projections
Macroeconomic Indicators of Various Countries Impacting the Growth of the Market
Extensive Coverage of Industry Players including Recent Product Launches and Market Activities
Porter’s Five Force Analysis
Market Segmentation Analysis:
Industry report analyses the global surfboard market by the following segments:
- Distribution Channel
Customization: We also offer customization’s in the industry report as per the company’s specific needs.
Key Questions Answered in the Global Surfboard Industry Report
- What is the overall market size in 2019? What will be the market growth during the forecast period i.e. 2020-2025?
- Which region would have high demand for product in the upcoming years?
- What are the factors driving the growth of the market?
- Which sub-market will make the most significant contribution to the market?
- What are the market opportunities for existing and entry-level players?
- What are various long-term and short-term strategies adopted by the market players?
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.