Small Launch Vehicle Market
Small Launch Vehicle Market - By Payload Range , By End User , By Platform Type , By Propellant Type & Global Region - Market Size, Trends, Share & Forecast 2020-2025Request Sample Request Discount
Pandemic disrupted the entire world and affected many industries.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Small Launch Vehicle MarketRequest Sample
Small-lift launch vehicles are rocket orbital launch vehicles that are capable of lifting up to 2,000 kg (4,400 lb) of payload into Low Earth Orbit (LEO). The SLVs market is looking to gain significant global importance, owing to the rapidly growing number of satellite constellations for space related applications such as remote sensing, earth observation, communication, weather forecasting and of course, navigation and is set to grow at an enormous CAGR of 24.36% on the basis of value during the period 2020-2030.Other LVs except for SLVs have also been extensively developed in the recent times but have not completely superseded the small vehicles in that regard. Small vehicles can meet the requirements for various missions and can be less expensive than larger vehicles.
The growth of this industry is attributed towards the growth of the commercial segment which has looked to dominate in the past two years and also is set to maintain its dominance throughout the coming decade. This is because access to space is pretty much the bottleneck of whole of the global space industry. Though launching new vehicles into the orbital space and beyond gives rise to natural initial failures, as seen throughout history, it is what makes success in this arena so special, inspiring and bountiful. This gives rise to the fact that there are far more small launch vehicles under development than even the most optimistic forecasts for demand can currently support.
Evidently, no space program is immune to the challenges that can come in this field. This is why different companies are looking to regularly innovate technologies that can better handle the harshest conditions which these vehicles are set to go through. With this comes the expensiveness in hand where even the most promising and pioneering organizations and the advanced technologies they come out with cannot compromise with the costs that endure it. But, with innovation comes efficiency, and with that comes cost reduction, which relatively amounts to lower costs required per launch mission.
Clearly, global interest in space-based capabilities is seen to be met with an all-time high rate of interest in the smallsats that have helped in accomplishing useful operations in the recent times. With reports of more than $2.5 Billion of investment in the past decade, the demand for small launch vehicles is set to rise at its peak.
Moreover, the economic recession that took place in 2008, which cannot be undermined, has since motivated the engineers and the accompanying authorities to focus on building cost-effective and economical systems that drive this sector.
Therefore, these factors along with several other factors have sparked an astounding interest in finding lower cost and dedicated launch capabilities, particularly in the small LV market which is the key to opening space and making space accessible to more people.
SLV MARKET SEGMENTATION :
(SLV) Market (by Payload Range)
(SLV) Market (by End User)
(SLV) Market (by Platform Type)
(SLV) Market (by Propellant Type)
(SLV) Market (by Region)
KEY REGIONAL INSIGHT:
Asia-Pacific including the major countries such as China, India, and Japan, is the most prominent region for the SLV market and is expected to dominate the global SLV market with a share of 46.51% in 2020 with reports of China estimated to have acquired the major market share in 2019 due to the major deployment of SLV in different sectors in the country.
Europe accounted a significant rise in the satellite launch vehicle market overall in terms of revenue, resulting from a number of launches in France and Russia. Some advanced launchers that were witnessed were – Ariane 5, Soyuz and Vega. But, the region could not see a considerable growth specifically in the SLVs market.
FEW KEY COMPANIES IN THE GLOBAL SMALL LAUNCH VEHICLE (SLV) MARKET:
- Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd
- IHI Corporation
- Lockheed Martin Corporation Ltd
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- The Boeing Company
- Interorbital Systems
- Rocket Lab USA
- Space Exploration Technologies Corp and
- Spacefleet Ltd.
- China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation
- Other Players
- In May 2020, Virgin Orbit’s LauncherOne failed in its first launch attempt to reach the orbit.
- In Oct 2020, ISRO was reported to launch its new Small Satellite Launch Vehicle on its first test flight before December this year. The SSLV (SLV) is a 34-metre three stage rocket powered entirely by solid fuel which can carry a 500-Kg payload to low-earth orbit.
- In May 2020, Dhruva Space which recently won National Startup Awards announced its plans to set up new facility in Telangana.
- In Oct 2020, Virgin Orbit reportedly started seeking $200 Million in private funding as it geared for a NASA launch of 10 small satellites.
- In Sept 2020, Astra launched its Rocket 3.1 vehicle, but the flight ended during the small launch vehicle’s first-stage burn.
Timeline Considered for Analysis:
- 2019: Base Year
- 2020: Estimated Year
- 2020 to 2025: Forecast Period
Research Scope and Deliverables
Overview & Executive Summary
Market Drivers, Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
Market Size and Forecast Projections
Macroeconomic Indicators of Various Countries Impacting the Growth of the Market
Extensive Coverage of Industry Players including Recent Product Launches and Market Activities
Porter’s Five Force Analysis
Market Segmentation Analysis:
Industry report analyses the global femtocells market by the following segments:
- Payload Range
- End User
- Platform Type
- Propellant Type
Customization: We also offer customization’s in the industry report as per the company’s specific needs.
Key Questions Answered in the Global Small Launch Vehicle Industry Report
- What is the overall market size in 2019? What will be the market growth during the forecast period i.e. 2020-2025?
- Which region would have high demand for product in the upcoming years?
- What are the factors driving the growth of the market?
- Which sub-market will make the most significant contribution to the market?
- What are the market opportunities for existing and entry-level players?
- What are various long-term and short-term strategies adopted by the market players?
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.