Military GNSS Systems Market
Military GNSS Systems Market - By Type, By Applications , By Platform & Global Region - Market Size, Trends, Share & Forecast 2020-2025Request Sample Request Discount
One force out of all the prominent forces that assist in the smooth running of the world is the Military Force. And, since its inception, enormous services and systems have been introduced and developed in the field to the make the force more robust and powerful than ever before. One such introduction has been that of the Military GNSS Systems. Global Navigation Satellite Systems are navigation systems with large number of applications including providing electronic support, electronic protection and electronic attacks. The military rely on these systems over conventional compasses as along with various other advantages, they also help in communication, network timing, weather reports, around the clock and operations and also in the absence of light in night missions. The GNSS System market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR of around 3% with approximate revenue of $272.98 million during 2020-2024.
The growth of this market is attributed towards the growing focus of nations to strengthen their defense forces. These devices aid the military in ground navigation, aviation navigation and maritime navigation by obtaining accurate positioning of their enemies units, facilities and installations, own units, rescuing injured soldiers, reducing response times and in assessing and enhancing the overall ground picture.
With advanced modern technologies and techniques including the GPS-PPS, photo-reconnaissance combined with information, tracking targets before attacks and at the time of bombing missions along with avoidance of interceptions and signal-jamming are comprehensively made possible. These devices are also installed in Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV’s) which are capable of being operated from remote locations that provide intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance activities, and accordingly these systems help them at the time of problems in high altitudes.
Though, defense budget cuts sometimes serve as barriers to this market, it is not very difficult to understand that growing innovation and integration, demand for real-time data, benefits such as precision-guided munitions, precise time reference, location based services, communication at the time of emergencies and others, all contribute to the expansion of this market.
MILITARY GNSS SYSTEMS MARKET SEGMENTATION:
On the basis of type:
On the basis of applications:
- Target Tracking
- Search and Rescue
- Nuclear Detonation Detectors
- Asset Tracking
- Unmanned Systems
- Other applications.
On the basis of platform:
On the basis of region:
- North America
- South America
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness growth at healthy CAGR over the next few years. The rising defense investments, increasing territorial disputes in the region are stimulators for the development of the military GNSS market.
The early adoption of military GNSS systems in the United States contributed heavily to the growth of the military GNSS market in North America, which is why this region is expected to hold a premium share in the global military GNSS market.
Europe is anticipated to have significant growth in the global military GNSS market resulting from the fast evolution of satellite navigation technology and the adoption of GNSS applications in the region. The troubled Middle Eastern region is projected to be a attractive market for Military GPS-GNSS devices, followed by the African markets.
FEW KEY PLAYERS IN MILITARY GNSS SYSTEMS MARKET:
- BAE Systems Plc
- Cobham Plc
- Elbit Systems Ltd
- Harris Technologies Inc
- Lockheed Martin Corp
- Northrop Grumman Corp
- Raytheon Co
- Safran SA
- Thales Group
- Trimble Inc
- United Technologies Corp
- Rockwell Collins
- Other Players
- In 2017, China successfully launched 9 BeiDou Medium Earth Orbit ( MEO) satellites. And in 2018, the target was raised to 13 MEO and GEO (Geosynchronous Equatorial Orbit) satellites.
- As of September 9, 2020, there were a total of 30 operational satellites in the GPS constellation, not including the decommissioned, on-orbit spares.
- In 2020, Collins Aerospace (division of Raytheon Technologies and part of United Technologies Corp.) received a program-of-record contract to mature and integrate a positioning, navigation and timing system for the U.S. Army’s for the Army’s increasingly sophisticated manned ground vehicles.
- In September 2020, reports spread that China could lose access to a strategic space tracking station in Western Australia when its contract expires, a decision that could affect BeiDou constellation service in the Pacific region.
- In September 2020, Orolia Defense & Security was granted security approval by SMC Production Corps. for BroadSim MNSA (modernized Navstar security algorithm) which joined P(Y)-Code and AES M-Code as another GPS encrypted signal.
- In September 2020, Russia reportedly boosted its missile launching capabilities with modernized BM-30 Smerch or 9A53-S Tornado multi-lead rocket launchers with increased strike range to 200 kilometers which used GLONASS Navigation System to hit its targets.
- In October 2020, Collins Aerospace unveiled the second iteration of its Mounted Assured Positioning, Navigation and Timing System (MAPS) for warfighters at the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) 2020 conference in Washington, D.C.
Timeline Considered for Analysis:
- 2019: Base Year
- 2020: Estimated Year
- 2020 to 2025: Forecast Period
Research Scope and Deliverables
Overview & Executive Summary
Market Drivers, Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
Market Size and Forecast Projections
Macroeconomic Indicators of Various Countries Impacting the Growth of the Market
Extensive Coverage of Industry Players including Recent Product Launches and Market Activities
Porter’s Five Force Analysis
Market Segmentation Analysis:
Industry report analyses the global military GNSS market by the following segments:
Customization: We also offer customization’s in the industry report as per the company’s specific needs.
Key Questions Answered in the Global Military GNSS Industry Report
- What is the overall market size in 2019? What will be the market growth during the forecast period i.e. 2020-2025?
- Which region would have high demand for product in the upcoming years?
- What are the factors driving the growth of the market?
- Which sub-market will make the most significant contribution to the market?
- What are the market opportunities for existing and entry-level players?
- What are various long-term and short-term strategies adopted by the market players?
Custom Research Requirement? Questions to ask?Get in touch
Custom Research requirement.